Visiting WDW in March

I might be visiting WDW March 14-21 with a friend, and I've read here that it's usually pretty crowded during that time. How long would you say the lines are during this time?

Also, if anyone would like to give me a few tips as to what hotel we should stay at, that'd be great! We're two college freshmen from LA, both of us are pretty familiar with DL and DCA, and we'd like to keep costs down as much as possible.

Thanks!

• Banned User

Re: Visiting WDW in March

According to my copy of the Econoguide travel guide on WDW, March has "moderate" crowds, which means an average of about 35,000 visitors. However, the crowds go up if you are there during an early spring break.

As for hotels, I always recommend staying at one of the Disney value resorts -- the Pop Century, or the All Star resorts. They are very attractive themed resorts, and you get the perks of staying on site: magic hours and free transportation to and from your hotel to all the parks and DTD. Plus you get the Magical Express service to and from the airport.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

March is Spring Break time for most schools & colleges, so expect the parks to be very busy.

• Disneyholic

We did a march trip over Easter a couple years back and it was very crowded, but I think part of that was us being spoiled by September/October trips when the parks back then where almost completely dead... What I do recall was that MK did close down around noon and would not let any additional folks in twice and Blizzard beach closed around 11am at capacity several days that week and would not let anyone in. We where at the Wilderness lodge and there was a lot of college aged "kids" there and quite a bit of "un Disney like" excessive um... PDA activity at the hot springs which prompted us and a couple other families to pull the kids away from the pool early.

Given the croud levels and the fact that PI will be closed this year I would guess there would be more spring breakers partying around the resorts this year. If your plans are flexible I would reccomend a different time of year especially if you have young children in tow... I would expect lines to be about the same as other holiday seasons, about double that of normal and 3-4 times that of off season travel especially for the E ticket rides in each park.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

My daughter (24 yrs old) and I will be going in April (see my countdown ticker). We are going right at the height of Spring Break but it can not be helped.

We are staying at All Star Music standard room rate and got Park Hopper tickets; no dinning plan. We also have Magical Express. We will make the best of it (crowds, etc.) and plan to have a blast. In 1991 when daughter was in Kindergarten we went in March and enjoyed ourselves very much.

Regarding crowds, if you want to really avoid them, you want to avoid Easter Weeks. That is to say the week before and after Easter Sunday. Fortunately for you, in 2009 Easter Sunday falls on April 12th. UNfortunately for you, I suspect highly your coming during your spring break, and WDW is a very popular spring break vacation destination, and the week your coming is the peak week for schools on spring break. There are more Universities and Colleges on Spring Break that week, then any other week during the Spring Break Season (Mid Feb. through Mid April) So its going to be Busy, not packed, but busy.

On a budget I would recomments All-Star Sports, All-Star Music, or Pop Century. Call and book soon though, they also book first and Disney does not hold any rooms. Quite the opposite, just like airlines, they oversell the resorts and bank on cancellations.