Thread: I don't get it

• Loves a tea party!

I don't get it

I received an email today from WDW Parks and Resorts. I guess I'm somebody special now? It has a PIN and everything. Since MouseSavers says this is something you should strive toward, I was initially pleased to receive this email, but it doesn't add up.
    The deal is as follows (per email):

What a great time to be a part of the Walt Disney World® magic. Enjoy great events taking place at various times this Fall like the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival or the Yuletide splendor of Magical Holidays.

Price based on 2 adults, 1 junior, 1 child occupying one standard room.
    This Magic Your Way Package includes:

6 nights at select Disney Value Resorts
    You’ll enjoy great resort benefits like Extra Magic Hours–each day one of the Theme Parks is open extra time to enjoy select attractions (valid Theme Park admission and Resort ID required).

7-day Theme Park admission
    This ticket gives you admission to one of the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks per day. Tickets are nontransferable and must be used within 14 days of first use.

*Rate available for stays between November 1 and November 18 and between November 27 and December 25, 2005. The number of packages available at this rate is limited. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer is nontransferable. Advance reservations required.

Price is not pasting in, but it comes to "Less than $1350".
    When I go to the WDW site and price these things out, it's actually LESS to buy tickets and value resort for six nights separately and avoid this package deal. I come up with approx. $1279.
    Am I missing something?

• Like a blade youll stain

7 hours away from the happiest place on earth....

Re: I don't get it

Neither do i....
    She's cold and she's cruel
    But she knows what she's doin'
    She pushed me in the pool
    At our last school reunion
    She laughs at my dreams
    But I dream about her laughter
    Strange as it seems
    She's the one I'm after
    Cause she's bittersweet
    She knocks me off of my feet
    And I can't help myself
    I don't want anyone else
    She's a mystery
    She's too much for me
    But I keep comin' back for more
    She's just the girl I'm lookin' for

• Banned User

This seems like a prime example of pricing a deal at a higher rate in hopes that the customer do not take the time to actually research it. The power of marketing can be so sly and deceiving somtimes... I have to admit...the pin is a nice touch.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

This is typical.....for years they have been doing Fall Getaway type specials and the deal is always at least as expensive or sometimes more expensive then the regular price.........Yes, Walt is spinning
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• I love Florida - and lamp

Maybe the "bargain" is supposed to be that the trip elements are prepackaged - I always thought it was fun to plan a trip for myself.

Are there any "exclusives" (pins, totebags, lanyards, etc.) that WDWP&R is throwing in? Pins don't do anything for me, but I see folks at the parks trading like there's no tomorrow.

• Loves a tea party!

I don't see any extras that might help it add up. No included meal vouchers, pins, lanyards, certificates, anything. Bizarre. I am glad I am intelligent enough to investigate. I feel sorry for the poor slobs who are enticed by these sort of "deals".

• Disney Memory Maker

When I go to disneyworld.com, I see that the cheapest MYW package is about $1500. I figured out what it would cost sepearte, it would be $757 for 7day base tickets & $671 for rooms (All Star Movies from 11/2-11/8). The total comes to $1428...which when rounded is $1500. Are you sure you totalled it correctly? (And I'm assuming a junior is age 12-17 while a child is age 2-11...is that correct?) Am I missing something?
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Loves a tea party!

I did the same as you (considering a "Junior" to be older than a child admission ticket but younger than 18, I think I typed in 14 or 15). Only thing different was my dates which were 12/19-12/25. Because the check-in date is still "value season" the whole stay is value season. I don't have the exact break-down between tickets and room, but it was 7 days admission- 3 "adult" tickets, 1 child ticket and 6 nights accommodations at All Stars and that was the total price I came up with.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Hey, askmike1 - I really enjoy reading your posts - your contributions are always very nicely presented. But I'm having a hard time getting past your bottom of the message animations. Any chance they could go away?

Thanks.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    The total comes to $1428...which when rounded is $1500.
    [math geek]Not exactly.[/math geek]
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    [math geek]Not exactly.[/math geek]
    Well, if you're rounding to the nearest 500, it does.

Hey, askmike1 - I really enjoy reading your posts - your contributions are always very nicely presented. But I'm having a hard time getting past your bottom of the message animations. Any chance they could go away?
    Thanks for the comments. Do you mean the dancing chicken and Lost numbers? The Lost animation can easily be replaced with a non-animating image (once I have the time to do so). As for the Dancing Chicken...I'd rather not get rid of it (because it has mesmerized multiple people already , but if it is causing problems with viewing Micechat...then I'll replace it with a link to make the Chicken dance.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

It's not actually causing any problems, technically speaking. It's just kinda like trying to watch a tv program with a dozen news crawls all going in different directions. I won't be mad at you if you don't feel like complying, but I just thought I'd let you know.

• Loves a tea party!

I find this interesting since the chicken does not dance on my screen. It is just a still. Probably because of some anti-virus software I have (Norton Internet Security) which blocks a number of cool things, including some smilies.

• Disney Memory Maker

If you have Flash, you can see the chicken dance here.