Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Some thoughts from the MK.

Hi all. Just spent a few hours at the MK on saturday afternoon. Cloudy skies and a whole lot less humid and wet than it's been lately. G-Fan wanted to go see that 3pm parade (again ) I bit the proverbial bullet and went along.

Not much to add to my usual "quality control walks" at the MK. Today for some reason, the walkways around the MK seemed in pretty poor condition. I guess the lack of nightly water preassure cleaning is becoming more and more evident as more and more summer birds land upon our little kingdom. Not to mention.. some re-paving (but I would hope some brick-laying) is much needed along our park's walkways. Also... a minor accident occured on Main Street, right in front of yours truly. A lady tripped when her shoe got caught in the trolley's track. Which begs the question... in this day of political correctness and lawyers' interventions in every aspect of the operation at the Disney parks.. why have they not removed such tracks? I mean.. I am sure PETA would not mind seeing the poor horses out of that hideous job of having to pull those guests up and down Main Street. I think the time has come for that, reason why I feel HKDL's Main Street gets high marks from me.
    Also... cleanliness here today was not what many would consider "Disney quality"... I mean, do we have to see a partly chewed up leftover turkey leg sitting on top of a water fountain near COP in TL? No. We should not, and I wish some guests would realize this park is not their private pigsty and were more cooperative in regards to keeping the kingdom clean.
    Many more custodial infractions galore but I do not care to go into that here since it's not going to remedy a sad situation... but I will say this much: when you're pressed to find 1 custodial CM for every 15 photopass photographer CMs... well, something is definitely wrong about the prioritie$ management have in regards to the park's enviroments.

Anyways... on to the good news. While sitting pretty on the curb, and waiting for the Parade... we were treated to a most interesting pre-show (apart from the poor woman falling over the trolley tracks) ..A parade of NAACP groups who were visiting the park. The guests in this preparade were having a ball and looked radiant as we all waved back to them. Their enthusiasm was contagious.
    I took a few pics with my cheap cellphone.

This is where Disney shines.

Of course, it was a bit odd that several minutes later...yet another white family was being heralded as today's Castle Suite Winners. I guess this is Disney's idea of "creating Magic through Diversity".

Then, yet another new sight down Main Street USA. The new pre-parade vehicle for Parade Grand marshalls, aka the "BAC".

Yes folks.. this is the biggest car ever used for the grand marshals, and is capable of carrying the entire Brady Bunch, including Alice and Sam the butcher. Better yet, it also comes equipped with a wheelchair lift so our physically challenged fellow guests can have the honor of riding in the parade with ease and convenience. Great job by the powers that be in regards to this issue. I also understand the BAC (not to be confused with the BAH) can also go topless for that horribly sexy convertible experience. But man.. is it BIG!!!

Anyways... we did not stay at the MK much longer, opting instead for a quiet walk in Fort Wilderness to close the day... which is something I highly enjoy and recommend to all.
    ...And by the time youare reading this.. I hope you are not to terribly inconvenienced by the ticket and parking price hike.. but at least we were able to renew our APs for a little less than what many will pay effective Aug 3rd.

Bye for now.

• Shubisha

Re: Some thoughts from the MK.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I also understand the BAC (not to be confused with the BAH)...

I disagree. That's Disneyland's Grand Marshall car with a patio cover on top. BAH!

• Mostly Harmless.

Although I agree that at times it the parks are lacking Mr. Disney's standards in cleanliness, I do have to say it could be worse. The last time I went to a non-Disney amusement park it was a train wreck!

I do have to say, though, that we should get TDLFan in there cracking the whip to get the parks into shape! Someday, when I rule the world....
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    I do have to say, though, that we should get TDLFan in there cracking the whip to get the parks into shape! Someday, when I rule the world....
    I know he makes me work hard, and I'm not even a Disney CM. I'm just a lowly theatre usher that, apparently, is one of five people that actually checks ID on unsigned credit cards and is one of THREE people that reports to a manager if anyone is trying to sneak into a movie.

Then again, my co-workers are mostly high schoolers, so that isn't saying much.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

Which begs the question... in this day of political correctness and lawyers' interventions in every aspect of the operation at the Disney parks.. why have they not removed such tracks? I mean.. I am sure PETA would not mind seeing the poor horses out of that hideous job of having to pull those guests up and down Main Street. I think the time has come for that, reason why I feel HKDL's Main Street gets high marks from me.
    I so agree.... ! I hate the tracks in Disneyland. stumbled over them a few times my self. and I hate seeing the horses pulling people !
    I mean, do we have to see a partly chewed up leftover turkey leg sitting on top of a water fountain near COP in TL? No. We should not, and I wish some guests would realize this park is not their private pigsty and were more cooperative in regards to keeping the kingdom clean.
    Agree to ! I hate seeing people throw down there wrapers, food ,bottles etc. there are garbage cans every where !!

• Inappropriate

Remove the tracks?? How about watch where we're walking, hmm? No really, in this day of politically correctness and sue-happy people, I vote take a stand and leave the tracks. I'm going to get flamed, but i like the horses where they're at too.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Defying gravity

Pardon my naivity, but what do "BAC" and "BAH" stand for?

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Pardon my naivity, but what do "BAC" and "BAH" stand for?
    I don't know what BAC is, but I coined the term "Big A** Hat" back when the ugly hat was constructed.

Yes, "Little Miss Sunshine" can't stand the hat! But hey, at least the wand is down...
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

"BAC" = Big *** Car. Thanks to Denise for that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I disagree. That's Disneyland's Grand Marshall car with a patio cover on top. BAH!

Interesting... I did not know (but should have deducted it) DL would have the sportier version of the BAC.

• Banned User

BAC stands for Big A** Car, the car that is pictured below.

• Minion

Interesting... I did not know (but should have deducted it) DL would have the sportier version of the BAC.
    I don't see a difference except no top...not surprising given no rain in CA.
    Down with the Hat

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    I don't see a difference except no top...not surprising given no rain in CA.
    The front window has an extra pane of glass/plastic to support the roof but other than that they're the same car with no difference. The point is WDW had to steal something yet again :P

• Little Miss Sunshine

"BAC" = Big *** Car. Thanks to Denise for that one.
    I only made the hat one up.

You'd think I could have guessed BAC!

Oh, and this was from the Disney Parks newsgroup, March 3rd of 2001:

<< What's the name again of the new Studios parade? >>

The Big-As* Hat Parade. :-)

I am not sure I'm much prouder of any Disney moment than that! (7 years later, it's still in use).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    The point is WDW had to steal something yet again :P
    Steal??? Right up there with "the real one is in DL".... geeez.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I like the horsies. Those horses get better treatment at Disney than a lot of horses elsewhere!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast