Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

DTD; Epcot and a smoking Donald? oh my! 08/02/08

My mother needed to buy something for my cousin's birthday party but the item in question you could only get specifically at WDW. So she asked if I wanted to join her and of course my reply was, "Duh."

We started the day off at DTD, as I didn't have many photos of this area and since it's going to be closing, I took the opportunity to bring my camera and snap some photos.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took that day, please visit HERE.

We parked right in front of Cirque Du Soleil with the intention of taking the ferry boat back across, once we reached the other side.

As we were window shopping, we stopped in most of the stores, while there I wanted to check out the decorations on the wall and sadly I didn't do much shopping. My pocketbook was happy though!

They had photos inside the DisneyQuest store of the attractions you can find inside. I understand why they are closing it but I am still sad to see it go, my family had such a great time there.

I think my favorite building at DTD has to be the House of Blues, it's eclectic and just has so many things to look at.

My family had a habit of trying to sneak into my photos all day.

Smart little booger, she knows she was doing it too. LOL

The ceiling in the HOB giftshop was really cool, random for some but I like looking at stuff like this.

Virgin Megastore

AMC Theaters

Further downtown we go, more neat shops up ahead. My favorite is probably the Candy Cauldron that features the Evil Queen!

It was a candy store but the main feature was you can have your apple rolled and dipped in any fashion of your choosing. The place smelled wonderful!

Who wants a bite?

As a person who collects magnets, they had this great shop that sold nothing but them. I only snapped this one photo as I was in my element shopping.

Time for Pleasure Island!

BET Soundstage Club

Comedy Warehouse

The beloved Adventurer's Club

More walkways.

8Trax, I remember dancing in the cages with my cousin once. It was fun.

Anyone need a motorcycle?

Raglan Road

Mom needed to rest, seems this gentleman had a problem with that.

T-Rex seems to be coming along, I'll have a great photo up later in the report from the boat, keep reading.

Chomp Chomp, I will eat you with my Lego teeth!

Playtime!

Princess Wave!

AC; Pushy Tourists and over marketed Disney Channel stars? I think we might be in the World of Disney!

Where your daughter can be just like Tinkerbell.

Got strings?

The ceiling in this building is just fabulous and there were some little and some VERY big characters hanging about.

Here was John Smith, he had to have been at least 8' tall.

This is probably my favorite room regarding the ceiling. The area where they sell jewelry and watches, they had some great wizards and fairies bringing the magic above.

Merlin!

Found the Blue Fairy!

Boo!

Next door in the Pirate Section (Boys Section) I found an old friend.

Onto the main corridor of the building, so many hidden treasures above.

One of the few places you can still see some rare Disney characters.

Roger Rabbit reference!

Now this one I just couldn't get back far enough to snag the photo. Cruella is sitting there with her cigarette, not unusual but if you look a little to the right of her you can see a familiar hat and a cigar poking up with a white hand around it.
    Donald smoking a cigar?? You be the judge.
    (You can check out the full size of the photo if you click the link if you want a closer look.)

BTW I don't find that offensive at all, I'm not a smoker but I remember the old cartoons where Donald used to smoke, so if it is indeed Donald with a cigar I thought it was a great tribute to those cartoons, but that's just my opinion.

Goofy with machinery, are we sure that's safe? LOL

The ceiling in the center, main area.

Below with the huge TV screen and Cinderella's Castle, just in case you forgot where you are.

Next we headed over to Pooh's corner where they sell various items from the Pooh story as well as pet items in the Pet store!

Plush Mountain or Tree?

Christina got attacked by Stitch, luckily I was able to pry him off with my death stare of the $25.00 price tag.

For those budget conscience, here is the $10 and under area of DTD, one hallway, cheap items, no AC, who could ask for anything more?

We stopped briefly for lunch at Earl of Sandwich, had the grilled chicken parm with a side of potato salad. Soooo good.

Was going to stop in the pin trading store but Donald got wind that I heard about his cigar smoking ways and wanted to lay the smackdown.

Needless to say we ran the other direction.

We caught the ferry taxi over to the West side at this point as we were finished with DTD.

The T-Rex restaurant should be a visual treat once completed, I'm excited to see how it turns out.

The backside of Downtown Disney.

Wolfgang Puck

House of Blues

After departing the boat we saw this great archway for the House of Blues.

Bye bye DisneyQuest!

Hello Spaceship Earth!

We went to Epcot because mom hadn't been there since they did the refurbishment to Spaceship Earth, she liked how they put her face in the video in the end.

New 4 wheeler segway? Nice!

They have something new in Sunshine Seasons, they grab various children and give them musical instruments, then parade them around the area.

They end it in Sunshine Seasons doing the Hokey Pokey and then the kids get a cookie.

The Epcot Museum is still around, I was glad mom got to see it, I thought it would have been gone by now.

Stopped by Coke Corner so mom could try Beverly for the first time.

Silly hat time!

I thought this was a cute piece, smile for the camera!

We ended our day at The Ale House near DTD, thanks to TDLFan's suggestion and it was great! It was nice seeing you for a few minutes hun and talking shop.

On the way to dinner my daughter looked in front of us and shouted, "Hidden Mickey momma!" My mother and I started cracking up laughing. The innocence of youth for sure and a fitting tribute to end my report.

The End.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 08-03-2008 at 08:07 AM.

• Banned User

Re: DTD; Epcot and a smoking Donald? oh my! 08/02/08

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    We ended our day at The Ale House near DTD, thanks to TDLFan's suggestion and it was great! It was nice seeing you for a few minutes hun and talking shop.
    Likewise dear. We'll do this again and have a longer time to chat and eat.
    BTW.. lovely set of pics you posted. Mom looks quite rested on that Raglan bench!!

• Banned User

Summer, I am so happy for another trip report from you!! love the pics !!! and one I was anxious to see "DTD " but your saying disney quest is going what?? I though just plesure island is going?? please do not tell me disney quest will be gone by the time we get there in November !! ( please ))))))))

• Banned User

Is there any confirmation DQ is closing? It's been rumored for a while and it would be really sad should it close.

Gotta love the fluffy, defenseless Stitch getting the death stare of doom fixed upon his plush little being. Great report Summer!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

My apologizes to all, the Disney Quest closing has just been a rumor, I apologize for giving the impression otherwise, I should have worded myself better. :/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Nice pics Summer! And that really does look like Donald is smoking.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Banned User

It's no problem Summer, we were just confused.

• Banned User

If dreams come true at WDW..then yes, DQ should have been closed by now. Good riddance if i happens.

• Banned User

Well, Disneyquest is better than a five-story ESPNzone that's rumored to replace it.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Nice pics Summer

They have had that 4 wheel Segway there for quite some time. It has no engine in it. I talked to a CM for quite while about it when I last did the EPCOT Segway tour. I was trying to get them to allow me to ride it, but then they explained it was just a frame with no "guts"

However, the prototype has been out for almost a year.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/billwarner35/videos/13/

How soon before WDW gets one and lete me ride it

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

The latest I've heard is that DQ isn't going anywhere and I really enjoy it, they just need to UPDATE it once in a while. The VR helmets on some of the attractions are too heavy and cumbersome, I know there's much better technology out now.

• Directly directed

Nice photos! And it does look like Donald's smoking but why would he be with Cruella?

• She was sweet as a peach

Hee hee, Summer! It is another one of those "we were at the same place you were-just at a different time" days.

We got to downtown in the afternoon and had an early dinner at Earl of Sandwich.

Loved your pictures, as always!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

^Awww, I'm sorry we missed you! Gotta love the Earl of Sandwich though.

• Banned User

way to funny I did not know you could find beverly out side of epcot.
    I can not wait to try this, and also get my kids and sister to try it !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast