• Disney fan

Disneys Magical express

HI
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the magical express service offered by Disney. The tickets say that you have to use the bus service in order to use the luggage pickup. I was going to rent a car and did not want to use the bus service but I did not want to be bothered picking up my luggage. Has anyone ever had them take the luggage without using the bus service? I want to make sure that they will still pick up my bags.

Thanks
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

• When Will It Return?

Re: Disneys Magical express

I think you have to go through the motions of getting yourself at least signed up for the DME service. Have the tickets and the little book they give, etc. Once all that's set up and Disney thinks you're going to be riding on the bus, I don't think they'll be able to not handle your luggage if you "miss" your bus and decide to go rental car instead.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I'm going in April and I signed up for this. There is no way I want to drive or rent a car so I am doing the whole thing. Though because I do not want to hassle with luggage or pay for even one piece, my daughter and I are going to pack light, efficiently and go with carry on only.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by mousefamily View Post
    HI
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the magical express service offered by Disney. The tickets say that you have to use the bus service in order to use the luggage pickup. I was going to rent a car and did not want to use the bus service but I did not want to be bothered picking up my luggage. Has anyone ever had them take the luggage without using the bus service? I want to make sure that they will still pick up my bags.

Thanks

You cannot have them deliver your luggage if you do not get on the bus.

When you "check in" for the bus, they "authorize" your luggage be sent

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    You cannot have them deliver your luggage if you do not get on the bus.

When you "check in" for the bus, they "authorize" your luggage be sent

-dave
    So what happens to the luggage of people who think they've missed their bus because of this, that or the other delay and run into the arms of a rental car agency or other transportation simply because they think that's their only option? Would Disney 'authorize' their luggage be sent when the party informs their Resort's front desk of their situation?

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    So what happens to the luggage of people who think they've missed their bus because of this, that or the other delay and run into the arms of a rental car agency or other transportation simply because they think that's their only option? Would Disney 'authorize' their luggage be sent when the party informs their Resort's front desk of their situation?
    You check in and "authorize" Disney to handle your luggage and then go straight to the bus. It's a process that takes about 5 minutes so there is absolutely no way to "miss" the bus. Probably a precaution Disney takes so that the Magical Express does not just become a luggage service and not a shuttle service as it is intended. Our last trip there we used the magical express, it was great! The only reason not to use it is if you are not planning to stay on the resort the whole time or if you are staying in a VC suite with a kitchen that you would like to stock up.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

If you don't take the bus they will not take your luggage. Your have to check in for the bus, they then will go and pick-up luggage. Your luggage does not go unless you board the bus and that's checked at the bus itself. Disney has everything down to a fine science, they know what they are doing. Can you just imagine how much luggage they would have if everyone did this? Believe me, they have it covered.

• making magic is fun!

Unless you are going to use the bus I wouldnt add the luggage tags to your luggage.
    Kelly

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Another option is that you can ride the bus, and just rent a car on Disney Property.

There are plenty of rental car locations on Hotel Plaza Blvd near Downtown Disney, or National will pick you up at your Disney Resort.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Just carry your luggage lazy!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    How do you miss your bus. You check in at the desk and get right on line for the bus.

If you are on line, you will get a bus, even if they have to have some other bus stop at your resort.

Are they scanning your book as you get on the bus now? I cant recall if they do that or not. I know the driver looks at the ticket, but cant recall if he or she scans it.

-dave
    Last edited by Phonedave; 08-10-2008 at 01:45 PM.
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

The last three times I've taken DME (all this year), there was an agent just outside the bus (before you walked through the door of the bus) scanning each ticket for each guest.
    -Tim

Actually, last year we signed up for DME, didn't take the bus (we were renting a car) and let DME take our bags.. Lo and behold, they took our bags to our hotel room!

They very definitely scan each voucher before guests board the bus. Those scans are how the sub-contractor gets paid ... they get paid per person transported.