View Poll Results: What Type Of Coaster Would You Like To See Come To Fantasyland?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Standard Outdoor Coaster Without A Loop(s)

5 9.80%
  • A Standard Outdoor Coaster With A Loop(s)

2 3.92%
  • A Spinning Coaster

3 5.88%
  • An Indoor/Outdoor MineTrain Coaster - With A Dark ride Element

34 66.67%
  • A Coaster That Is Completly Indoors - With A Dark ride element

15 29.41%
  • A Coaster/Water Flume Hybrid

3 5.88%
  • A Kiddie Coaster such as Goofy's Barnstormer or Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster

5 9.80%
  • An Inverted Coaster With A Loop(s)

3 5.88%
  • An Extreme Coaster (high, steep, full of loops and air time} 0

3 5.88%
  • Some Other Type Of Coaster

6 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Poll: 7-Dwarves Coaster Coming To Fantasyland - What Type Would You Like To See?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Great train of thought, SC. I pretty much agree. A dwarf mine coaster (non-looping and with no height requirement) would make perfect sense. The dark ride element would make the ride all the more fun. ouldn't want to see SWSA sacraficed for it though.
    Well, 35" seems to be the height requirement for the kiddie coasters (and Matterhorn). So it would have to be at least that. But that allows most 3-4 year olds the ability to ride.

Personally, I think a hybird dark-ride/coaster is a great idea, but I don't really care for the dwarf theme (again, considering that Snow White is right there).

I think maybe a Sleeping Beauty theme, where you fight the dragon, etc ... but could be too close to the fore-mentioned Dragon coaster at Legoland.

My thoughts on a theme:

Beauty and the Beast:

Begining Dark Ride Portion:

The beginning of the story, Belle in her "Provincial" town, journey to the castle, etc, etc, etc. Ending where Belle and Beast get in the fight and Belle runs off into the woods with the wolves.

Coaster Portion:

Belle's pursuit from the wolves and Beasts subsequent rescue.

Ending Dark Ride Portion:

Belle and Beasts falling in love, attack on the castle and Transformation/happily ever after.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Poll: 7-Dwarves Coaster Coming To Fantasyland - What Type Would You Like To See?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Well, 35" seems to be the height requirement for the kiddie coasters (and Matterhorn). So it would have to be at least that. But that allows most 3-4 year olds the ability to ride.

Personally, I think a hybird dark-ride/coaster is a great idea, but I don't really care for the dwarf theme (again, considering that Snow White is right there).

I think maybe a Sleeping Beauty theme, where you fight the dragon, etc ... but could be too close to the fore-mentioned Dragon coaster at Legoland.

My thoughts on a theme:

Beauty and the Beast:

Begining Dark Ride Portion:

The beginning of the story, Belle in her "Provincial" town, journey to the castle, etc, etc, etc. Ending where Belle and Beast get in the fight and Belle runs off into the woods with the wolves.

Coaster Portion:

Belle's pursuit from the wolves and Beasts subsequent rescue.

Ending Dark Ride Portion:

Belle and Beasts falling in love, attack on the castle and Transformation/happily ever after.
    Then 35" seems to be a pragmatic height requirement.

Like your storyline/sequence above. Although, I'd rather experience Beauty and the Beast as a traditional dark ride (non-coaster) with simulator elements added. I like your idea for a Sleeping Beauty coaster better. For that matter, why not Mulan, Cinderella or the Emperor's New Groove?!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

The rumor is actually, as I read it, the current Snow White attraction is replaced by a Beauty and the Beast dark ride and a new Snow White Coaster is put in

I do like a Sleeping beauty coaster. That would be fun. Even in the Beastly Kingdomme
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Banned User

Getting rid of the Snow White dark ride is ridiculous. That is one of the core, classic Fantasyland rides. The one at DL is scarier, but this one offers a more coherent storyline. I think both should remain as integral parts of Fantasyland. I also don't see how a seven dwarves coaster makes any sense; Disney already has a mining-themed coaster.

Also, isn't a coaster way too intense for Fantasyland? I'm in favor of Disney having thrill rides, but not in Fantasyland.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Getting rid of the Snow White dark ride is ridiculous. That is one of the core, classic Fantasyland rides. The one at DL is scarier, but this one offers a more coherent storyline. I think both should remain as integral parts of Fantasyland. I also don't see how a seven dwarves coaster makes any sense; Disney already has a mining-themed coaster.

Also, isn't a coaster way too intense for Fantasyland? I'm in favor of Disney having thrill rides, but not in Fantasyland.
    The area of Fantasyland would be expanded for the coaster. Disney has not leaked out any information as to whethar the ride would be a mine coaster or some other type of coaster. Logic dictates the mine aspect. Regardless, Disney would design the new ride to be significantly different than any other in the park.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Getting rid of the Snow White dark ride is ridiculous. That is one of the core, classic Fantasyland rides.

I find personally find it to be one of the weaker fantasyland rides
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Minion

A coaster too intense for Fantasyland? Walt didn't think so.

Also...I am amazed at some of the crticism in this thread. IF any of the BlueSky rumors are true, this will be a high quality, exclusive attraction. And the same people who whine about WDW getting clones and not getting quality are already bemoaning this ride and the presumed departure of a mediocre clone dark ride.
    Last edited by tasman; 08-08-2008 at 07:08 PM.
    Down with the Hat

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    A coaster too intense for Fantasyland? Walt didn't think so.

Also...I am amazed at some of the crticism in this thread. IF any of the BlueSky rumors are true, this will be a high quality, exclusive attraction. And the same people who whine about WDW getting clones and not getting quality are already bemoaning this ride and the presumed departure of a mediocre clone dark ride.
    An excellent if not sobering point, tasman. Glad that your feeling fiesty today. I do believe that I've caught your bug.

Both the WDW and Disneyand versions of Snow White are rather mediocre dark rides. Of all the dark rides at each park, it is these particular ones that I would miss the least. Disney could do far more with modern tech in designing both a Seven Dwarves coaster and a Beauty and the Beast ride - not to mention the fact that each would add status to the Magic Kingdom's Fantasy land due to their one-of-a-kind in the world nature.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123