View Poll Results: What Type Of Coaster Would You Like To See Come To Fantasyland?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Standard Outdoor Coaster Without A Loop(s)

5 9.80%
  • A Standard Outdoor Coaster With A Loop(s)

2 3.92%
  • A Spinning Coaster

3 5.88%
  • An Indoor/Outdoor MineTrain Coaster - With A Dark ride Element

34 66.67%
  • A Coaster That Is Completly Indoors - With A Dark ride element

15 29.41%
  • A Coaster/Water Flume Hybrid

3 5.88%
  • A Kiddie Coaster such as Goofy's Barnstormer or Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster

5 9.80%
  • An Inverted Coaster With A Loop(s)

3 5.88%
  • An Extreme Coaster (high, steep, full of loops and air time} 0

3 5.88%
  • Some Other Type Of Coaster

6 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Poll: 7-Dwarves Coaster Coming To Fantasyland - What Type Would You Like To See?

There was a recent thread that mentioned three new rides being considered for a Fantasyland expansion at WDW's Magic Kingdom. The rides would include a Beauty and the Beast darkride, a Little Mermaid darkride (similar to the one coning to DCA, and a Seven Dwarves coaster. I'm personally hoping that there will be an indoor darkride element to the coaster What would you like to see? A pole will soon follow.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Poll: 7-Dwarves Coaster Coming To Fantasyland - What Type Would You Like To See?

Just thought that a "Super Soaker" type a coaster would be great fun as well.

• Banned User

Re: Poll: 7-Dwarves Coaster Coming To Fantasyland - What Type Would You Like To See?

I'm hoping that it's not a lame kiddie coaster, more of a family coaster. I'm hoping it'll be set inside a mountain, perhaps with a few jewels on top, and tunnels through it, almost like the Matterhorn, only shorter. I'm hoping that they have a few animatronic dwarves scattered around as well, perhaps in the queue. I'm guessing it'll be similar to Space Mountain in terms of layout.

Also, I believe the reason they are putting the Seven Dwarves Mine ride in is because they probably plan to remove Snow White's Scary Adventures to put in the Beauty and The Beast darkride, therefore covering their bases.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I'm hoping that it's not a lame kiddie coaster, more of a family coaster. I'm hoping it'll be set inside a mountain, perhaps with a few jewels on top, and tunnels through it, almost like the Matterhorn, only shorter. I'm hoping that they have a few animatronic dwarves scattered around as well, perhaps in the queue. I'm guessing it'll be similar to Space Mountain in terms of layout.

Also, I believe the reason they are putting the Seven Dwarves Mine ride in is because they probably plan to remove Snow White's Scary Adventures to put in the Beauty and The Beast darkride, therefore covering their bases.
    Removing Snow White's Scary Adventures wouldn't bother me - provided that the coaser would offer a superior darkride/story element. The size of the Fantasyand Little Mermaid ride at MK is said to be smaller than the one planned for DCA. However, I doubt that it could be shoehorned into SWSA's building - even if it were to be replaced by a new building - uness part of the ride were to take place underground like it will at DCA.

Tunnels and animatronic dwarves wuld ROCK.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I think that the mine coaster concept should be part of a reinvention of the Snow White ride itself. I dunno if I like the idea of the entire ride being a roller coaster. This is Magic Kingdom after all. I dont want it to be extreme but it should be something that both kids and adults can enjoy together. It could be something like Splash Mountain or POTC where you have a combination of slow nice ride through parts with some thrill moments in the mix and it should be a full dark ride.

I just dont think it should be 100% roller coaster.

• Banned User

I said Beauty and The Beast, not Little Mermaid, would get shoehorned into Snow White. Little Mermaid would takeover most of the old 20K space, and the coaster would take place on a section of that land as well.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I said Beauty and The Beast, not Little Mermaid, would get shoehorned into Snow White. Little Mermaid would takeover most of the old 20K space, and the coaster would take place on a section of that land as well.
    I honestly have NO IDEA how they are gonna make a ride out of a film like Beauty and the Beast...unless it is another slow dark ride like the current Snow White or The Little Mermaid. In that case: what is the point?

I know I sound cruel to criticize these interesting ideas but I think Aladdin has more potential as a dark ride than Beauty and the Beast in terms of the unique things that you can do with the dark ride concept. Armchair Imagineering Idea: a dark Aladdin ride that puts you in flight on a magic carpet like Peter Pan except with more thrills . But I guess I will have to wait until the BatB ride is for real in order to have a better opinion of it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Beauty andthe Beast could be shoehored into Snow White - especially if the put part of it underground. It's a grea, timeless story that would naturally lend itself to a darkride format. All Kinds of people have been hopng for such an experience - and far more would love it once the rode it.

The former 20k space is a vast wasteland. This would be a perfect location for a Little Mermaid ride. The sooner the kiddy area disappears the better. The 2-Drarves Coaster woud dominate most of the expanded Fantasyland area.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I honestly have NO IDEA how they are gonna make a ride out of a film like Beauty and the Beast...unless it is another slow dark ride like the current Snow White or The Little Mermaid. In that case: what is the point?

I know I sound cruel to criticize these interesting ideas but I think Aladdin has more potential as a dark ride than Beauty and the Beast in terms of the unique things that you can do with the dark ride concept. Armchair Imagineering Idea: a dark Aladdin ride that puts you in flight on a magic carpet like Peter Pan except with more thrills . But I guess I will have to wait until the BatB ride is for real in order to have a better opinion of it.

An inverted Aladdin ride (much like Peter Pan) would be nothing but fun, fun, fun! Could even be mindblowing, should modern technologies be incorprated into the special effects and ride system. A new Peter Pan sort of a ride is long overdue.

• Mostly Harmless.

Come on wild mouse!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Banned User

No wild mouse, thank you. Space Mountain is a designer Wild Mouse, the new coaster going into DHS is rumored to be a Wild Mouse, and AK has Primeval Whirl, a spinning Wild Mouse. We really don't need another.

• Mostly Harmless.

Awe come on... stir the pot with me...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Minion

The original BlueSkyDisney article said nothing about a Beauty and the Beast "dark ride", nor did it say that it would go into the area currently occupied by Snow White.

The author, Honor Hunter, said there could be a B&B "attraction", and that he hoped that this would incorporate some ideas from the one planned for Euro Disney in the early 1990s. That particular attraction was a audio-animatronic stage show.

Back on topic...any kind of coaster would be OK by me. I care more about the level of details and theming which are there, than on the specific type of coaster.
    Down with the Hat

• Fight On, Trojans!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    An inverted Aladdin ride (much like Peter Pan) would be nothing but fun, fun, fun! Could even be mindblowing, should modern technologies be incorprated into the special effects and ride system. A new Peter Pan sort of a ride is long overdue.
    That sounds awesome!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

A coaster is planned for WDW's Fantasyland? Talk about declining by degrees and mediocrity all combined into one...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast