• Too far from Disney World

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Can anyone tell me what this is exactly? Is it worth the $50 a person?

We're two adults (28 & 32) with no children. I'm not sure I'd be able to convince my sweeite to dress up in costume either (although he'd have no problem with me dressing up!). We'd be there for the September 9th party.
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Banned User

Re: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Several of the mods and folks here have gone there and had a blast. they dressed up and some where round here is there trip reports. they had no complaints as far as I remember

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have never been to the Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom. However, I did do the Christmas party last year.

I planned my day, so that I did not use a day of my park admission on the day that I was going to the party. This way, I felt that using the hard ticket was a little more expensive than adding a day to my ticket.

I had a four day pass, and purchasing the Christmas party ticket gave me the extra day at a park. They allowed us in at 4:30, and we could stay till midnight. The fireworks, and the parades were wonderful.

I have heard that the Halloween Party is a must do at Magic Kingdom, but I wouldn't use a day on a multiticket, in addition to the special event ticket. Of course if you have an AP, than it is an additional charge.

Thumbs up Re: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticDuck View Post

We're two adults (28 & 32) with no children. I'm not sure I'd be able to convince my sweeite to dress up in costume either (although he'd have no problem with me dressing up!). We'd be there for the September 9th party.

We will be there for the Oct. 21st fun. We have been to one out here at DL and it is costume optional, just remember that you can not wear your costume during the day into the park ( at least that is how they do it at DL) and come to have fun!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I have been, and if you like Haunted Mansion, the villians, and in general slightly spookier activities, highly recommended. There is trick or treating for the kids, but the whole park is very well lit and decorated, great atmosphere, and lots of characters out and about you don't normally see, plus an excellent Halloween parade and special fireworks. It's not scary, but if you like darker Disney entertainment or Halloween, it's definitely for you.

• She was sweet as a peach

Actually anyone can trick-or-treat! We did when we went four years ago.

• Too far from Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    Actually anyone can trick-or-treat! We did when we went four years ago.
    You can trick or treat at WDW during this? How does that work? In the shops?
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Lonestar Louisianian

There are specific "Treat" stations set up all around the Magic Kingdom where you line up (or walk up as the case may be) to get some candy. They are fairly numerous and well marked.

When we went a few years ago we used the hard ticket for the night of our arrival so we got an "extra day" on top of our multi-day passes. It was a blast. Hallo-wishes was an excellent fireworks show and (as others have said) there are many characters out, and in costume, that you normally would not see during regular operating hours.

• She was sweet as a peach

They will give you trick-or-treat bags and a map of all the treat stations as you walk into the park. There is one treat trail themed to Alice in Wonderland that features all of the charaters.

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

Absolutely worth it & as you can tell by how early they are starting it this year, extremely popular. Tickets generally will sell out with the first night to go being the 31st Oct. Go, you will have a great time, they limit the number of tickets that are sold so you can get on and off the rides without long wait time, you'll have a great time...

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticDuck View Post

I'm going to give you the scoop as I subjectively see it but not with any bias such as to try and steer you to it or away from it.

Summary: As you do not have kids, I think that if you love parades and fireworks, and/or or you need an opportunity to go on rides with little lines, I think you'll come away having gotten your money's worth. If not, I think it's rather iffy at best whether you'll come away with that feeling and more than likely, you'll come away thinking it was not worth $50.

More info: The parade is fun and the Special fireworks they do are great. These to us were worth the price of admission. But we love these things. In addition to this, everyone (including adults w/o kids) gets a little treat bag to go trick or treating with. They have trick or treat stations set up around the park. The CMs pass out candy. For our parties it was pretty much Swee Tarts, Taffy's, and such. At the end of the party at the exit, they brought out big troughs of all kinds of chocolate bars and the like. I think they did this b/c it was just too hot to hand em out earlier. The chocolate would have simply melted into a glob it was so hot. They also have two longer trails with trick or treat stations and characters. One goes from Toontown over to Tomorrowland and is themed to Alice. The other during our party took us through the inside path between Adventureland and Frontierland. It had various critters such as brer Rabbit and the like on it. There are also various other spots to see characters. Our parties have not had the rare characters they used to. In fact, not a single rare character has been out and about at any of our parties lately. But they did have the main characters in special Halloween costumes. Some of the rare villains had a meet and greet in front of the castle for pictures, The trouble was at our parties, every last Villians show was mobbed. The rides were walk on all night. But we did so many other things, we didn't have much time to go on them.
    Note also that the party starts at 7. But they let you in at about 4 on your party ticket and it does not cost you a day on your regular ticket. So what we did on party day was we bummed around Disney Quest for awhile, then got ready and went to the party. Also we've noticed that those who dress up and get into things tend to have more fun than those who don't and tend to get better responses from the characters.

Hope that helps.

I have to agree with everyone else. Although prices have gone up since I last went to a MNSSHP, it is worth going at least once. The HalloWishes fireworks display is my second favorite behind Remember... in Disneyland. The one thing you do have to watch out for is the soundtrack for the "Boo to You" Parade. It lingers in your head for a while. In fact, here you go:
    http://www.google.com/videoplay\?doc...application/x-
    Photographers Unite!
    Preserve Our Liberties

"Mono" means one and "rail" means... rail.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Saying this as attending as a guest and now a Cast Member working it, I always had fun. The Mansion is all lit up differently and its surrounding areas as well. The characters generally have their Halloween attire on. They have eerie music playing around the park and then there are the treat stations.

The Treat Trail spans from ToonTown near the Train Station to Space Mountain, its quite a walk with tons of candy and characters. Also, at the end of the night, we have to get rid of all of the candy, so as you exit the turnstiles, they are handing out tons of the bags. Even in some cases they will hand you the entire box if you're lucky.

I highly suggest it. It's lower attendance, great atmosphere and its a lot of fun.

It was so worth the money last year and I can't wait to go again! My dad lost his bag of candy and they actually gave him a brand new one, THEN stuffed the bag completely full!! And all he'd asked for was an empty bag!

I loved it more than the Universal Studios Horror Nights, which we also went to. We left Universal thinking we could have just haunted house hopped back home for cheaper and gotten the same experience.