Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Quick question...

Finally going to WDW in less than a month! September 6th to be exact. Got our tickets and just waiting now.

Now here's the question. Have any of you been to the MK Halloween Party? I think I'm going to go ahead and get the tickets for it since it's only another $200 and it seems like a lot of fun. Also, what are the must see fireworks shows for a family with 2 kids, ages 8(girl) and 7(boy).

Re: Quick question...

all the fireworks are must see.

but for halloween the one at MNSSHP.

it can be a lot of fun.

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

Wishes fireworks are amazing!! And the show at Fantasmic is also really good especially for the kids, but although most people love Illuminations I wasn't that impressed.

As for MNSSHP definately book your tickets we went last year and are going again this year!! WE LOVED IT! It's definately worth a visit, even just for the fireworks also great!

i couldn't recommend this party more!!!!
    Last edited by JoseyDisney; 08-13-2008 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Push enter by mistake! :)

• MiceChat Approved Travel Partner

It's one of the most "fun" events Disney has. Do not miss it, you will have a ball...

• Mostly Harmless.

I went to the Halloween event a few years ago and I would say do not miss it if possible. It was alot of fun. Unless you are just looking to run over kids...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by spiceypj View Post
    all the fireworks are must see.

but for halloween the one at MNSSHP.

it can be a lot of fun.
    Is that supposed to be a haiku?

• Geoff London

Go! Go! Go! We had a great time last year - actually went on the 31st. CMs said they had never seen so many costumes as they had last year so do make the effort. One of the best we saw was a guy as a Fastpass. The parade ran twice (do not miss the Headless Horseman that gallops through the park -OK no more spoilers on the parade but it's brilliant )- I presume it runs twice so little kids can see it early in the evening and then later for the more adult crowd. The Hallowishes fireworks are stunning - lots of greens and oranges and all the "Villains" coming to the castle (audio rather than in physical presence) to Trick or Treat. The Ghost Host has taken over Cindy's castle for the evening. We find the rose gardens are the best place to watch from rather than trying to cram in with everyone else at the hub area. There was a Villains show on stage in front of the castle too.
    They had the bride (an actress) in front of the Haunted Mansion sat on a bench on the grass with lots of atmosphericsmoke . She sure was witty in her comments.
    You can also get a photo taken with the hearse and when you get it ghosts are sat on the front. That enough encouragement? If not here are some photos and the map/events handbill that I just found:

Park event handbill:

Headless Horseman:

Hearse:

Last edited by geoffa; 08-13-2008 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Added pictures
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Banned User

Awesome. We're going to grab tickets for this but my question is this, is it likely to get tickets when we show up or is it a better bet to do an advance purchase on them?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Definitely better to purchase in advance as these parties can sell out and quickly at that. Plus I think it's cheaper to buy them online in advance. So pick the date you want to attend and buy your tickets ASAP!

• Banned User

I am sorry. That was NOT a quick question. It took me over 10 seconds to read it.

• Why can't you tune a fish

While I thought the MNSSHP was great, am I the only one that thinks the theme music for the headless horsemans ride is not the best choice.

Whenever I hear Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" I don't think of halloween, I think of, well, Valkyries. And of course to a lesser extent, Apocalypse Now, and Elmer Fudd "Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit ...."

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Banned User

Wow, they really do sell out it seems. I went online to order them last night and there were several nights in the beginning of September that weren't available for purchase. We're going on the 9th of September, so if anyone else will be there let me know and I'll see you there!

Also, WDW doesn't have a Nemo subs attraction does it? Or do they have something like it? My daughter was looking forward to Nemo but I told her that I don't think they have it at WDW.
    Last edited by draybook; 08-14-2008 at 06:22 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    Also, WDW doesn't have a Nemo subs attraction does it? Or do they have something like it? My daughter was looking forward to Nemo but I told her that I don't think they have it at WDW.
    WDW took out the 20K subs years ago and replaced it with your average pimped up kiddy playground. So NO, do not expect to see DL's Nemo Subs ride here at all. The only things Nemo they have are the Living Seas with Nemo at EPCOT Center... which is appropriate for kids, and over at DAK, the "Nemo Musical" is a decent musical show close to the quality we see at TDR, but beware.. small kids get bored with this show quickly as it is too wordy and a bit too long.

• Banned User

So is the Living Seas with Nemo worth going to Epcot for? I mean is Epcot something that the kids would enjoy? I don't want to waste a whole day at that park for one attraction, since we have the non park hopper option.

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    While I thought the MNSSHP was great, am I the only one that thinks the theme music for the headless horsemans ride is not the best choice.

Whenever I hear Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" I don't think of halloween, I think of, well, Valkyries. And of course to a lesser extent, Apocalypse Now, and Elmer Fudd "Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit ...."

-dave
    Now you mention it - yes! By the way he does not gallop all the way through the park in one go. He starts out in Frontierland and then through Liberty Square. He stops on the bridge that leads from Liberty Square to the hub.The gallp is then resumed all the way down Main Street and finishes off Town square. I gather this is so they can ensure there are no obstacles on route.

And yes book early. We got our tickets in May 2007 for 10/31/07
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast