Hi everyone, I'm a first time poster but long time Disney fan (not to mention coaster enthusiast). In lieu of a long introduction, I'll just point you to www.gregscoasterphotos.com for anyone who is curious. For now, I'll get right to it.
Here are the details. I just booked a week-long vacation at WDW, flying out Saturday, Jan 10th, spending Sun-Fri (6 days), and flying back to CA the following Saturday. We'll be staying at the Pop Century Resort, and likely getting a 6 day park hopper pass. Keep in mind, I've never stayed at a WDW resort hotel, and I haven't been to WDW in almost 10 years (AK had JUST opened).
- How is the Pop Century? Is it any better/worse than the other value resorts? I noticed it is separated from the All Star resorts. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
- How reliable/regular is the bus transportation? I am intent on getting to the parks before/as they open, and I wanted to know how realistic it is and how much travel time I need to allow. How long does it take to get from one park to another on the buses?
- What are some good non-park restaurants (in hotels, downtown disney, boardwalk)? I'm not a millionaire, but enjoying a nice restaurant or two is definitely in the plans.
- Is Boardwalk area worth visiting? From what I remember, Downtown Disney was worth a visit, but I don't know how compares.
- Is the Magical Express service to/from the airport as convenient as it seems? It looks too good to be true.
- From what I remember, crowds were light during my visits in February. Has anyone been in early January that can comment?
- What are the Extra Magic Hours procedures? It says up to three hours later. How will you know whether it's 1, 2, or 3 hours? Also, considering the number of resort guests, is it any quieter than the regular hours? I'm not expecting ERT or anything, but is the difference noticeable?
Ok, that's all that comes to mind at the moment. If you can't tell, I'm looking forward to this one! Any advice is much appreciated!