Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1

    • Confused One
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    161

    Cool Rude Parent storys

    I know this might get shut down quick but I am gonna give it a shot. Please people don't fight in this topic this is just a question and story.

    Is it me or are SOME parents at Disneyworld getting rude and expecting things to happen to them there? Like well last time I was there people got mad at me for telling their kids to watch where they are going. After the kid ran in to me. I mean some kids now a days just don't look out and then when you tell the kid (nicely) to watch out the parents get mad. What is up with that? I mean back when I was little sure I would by accident run in to someone and if I ran in to the person you say sorry not just give them a blank stare. If someone told me when I was a kid to watch out after my parents said sorry I would be more careful. Most kids don't care anymore.

    You can see I am bitter. Not against the kids but against the parents. Some parents don't discipline their kids. They think their kids are perfect. When in fact they are not. Now I am not saying all parents are like this. Not at all some parents and kids know not to act out. Heck if I would have acted out when I was young I would have been in deep trouble.

    Okay I have gone on long enough.

    Lets hear your thoughts on this. Please don't turn this in to a fighting post. I would like to keep this topic open.

  2. #2

    • Mostly Harmless.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Idaho...
    Posts
    1,825

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    Most kids might be stunned and at a loss for words. You on the other hand seem like you are looking for trouble and enjoy yelling at kids. My advice: relax! All your going to do is put yourself in an early grave. Kids will be kids and they do not purposely run into people. (Unlike some adults, who purposely run over children.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking16 View Post
    Heeheheeeh and the fun thing to do is just growl at them as you walk by. Ohh do they get scared. I had one lady get mad at me because I almost ran her kid over. I am sorry but I don't stop to well when a little 5yr old runs out in front of me. He came running out 1 foot from me and got ran over. I felt bad for about 2secs then saw mickey and that was long forgotten. Matter a fact that was at animal kingdom. I think I was called a fat F&^%. I told him to watch his kid and control his dumb kid. As you can tell I don't like kids that much. Wait that is wrong I don't like kids that misbehave and parents don't do anything to make the kid behave. I know the kids are at disneyworld / land but come on parents watch your kids. Or people like me and others will run your kids over. End of story.

    Boy we are really off topic. Well once again thanks everyone. I mainly wanna go to disneyworld with my dad when it will be like almost a ghost town. Nothing has been set in stone YET.
    Last edited by Coastierox; 08-13-2008 at 10:04 AM.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

  3. #3

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,716

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    I do agree that some people on vacation at WDW think they're entitled to whatever they please because they're at WDW and "Disney does whatever you want". Yeah, ok. I see people like that and I roll my eyes. I'm amazed I haven't gotten a headache yet from the amount of eye-rolling I do sometimes.

  4. #4

    • Seasick
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    3,191

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    Most kids might be stunned and at a loss for words. You on the other hand seem like you are looking for trouble and enjoy yelling at kids. My advice: relax! All your going to do is put yourself in an early grave. Kids will be kids and they do not purposely run into people. (Unlike some adults, who purposely run over children.)
    How does "telling their kids to watch where they are going" imply that the OP "enjoys yelling at kids"?

    If parents aren't watching their kids and they are running into me repeatedly, I'd have no problem telling them to stop. Control your kids in public, or don't be surprised when others end up doing so for you.

    Many kids run around and run into people because they don't know better. I enjoy the shocked looks on their faces when they do a header into someone and end up on the ground. I don't think I'd worry about an isolated incident though.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

  5. #5

    • Oo-de-lally
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach CA
    Posts
    1,000

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    I agree with this. Some parents do not watch (and discipline) their kids properly. I have a quick story I would like to tell that is related to this topic.

    I was at the Los Angeles County Fair one year and a little boy (probably 4 or 5) was behind me in line for the Ferris wheel. The boy was being accompanied by his mom and older sister (probably 10 or 11). The boy had a water bottle in his hand and splashed water on my leg and started laughing. I turned and told him politely that was not nice. He just kept laughing. I didn't get mad at all until he did it again. His mom clearly saw what he was doing because I looked at her after it happened again. I asked the boy to please not wet me again. Again the mom said nothing to the boy. About 2 minutes later I got wet again. Now I was mad. I turned around and took the bottle from the boy and threw it away. I know it was mean but I was super mad. Not so much at the boy but at the mom for just sitting back and doing nothing. The boy was shocked and did not say a word. I thought he was going to cry but he just stood there. Later on in the day I saw the 3 again walking around and the boy had a 20 oz bottle of coke. I don't get some parents.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

  6. #6

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,716

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    Man I would have totally said something to that kid's mother. If I had done something like that when I was his age, I would've gotten swatted across the butt.
    Last edited by aimster; 08-13-2008 at 01:12 PM.

  7. #7

    • Mostly Harmless.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Idaho...
    Posts
    1,825

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    How does "telling their kids to watch where they are going" imply that the OP "enjoys yelling at kids"?
    Read his posts on different threads...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

  8. #8

    • Confused One
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    161

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    Read his posts on different threads...
    Coastierox. It's not that I don't like kids. Far from it. I dislike kids who misbehave and act out for attention. I don't mean every kid I mean kids parents that don't discipline kids that are acting out. Now yes I know kids do misbehave and act out. Yes thats normal but it is also normal to control kids. How does that say I hate kids?

    Besides I think Coastierox hates me j/k

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    59

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking16 View Post
    I know this might get shut down quick but I am gonna give it a shot. Please people don't fight in this topic this is just a question and story.

    Is it me or are SOME parents at Disneyworld getting rude and expecting things to happen to them there? Like well last time I was there people got mad at me for telling their kids to watch where they are going. After the kid ran in to me. I mean some kids now a days just don't look out and then when you tell the kid (nicely) to watch out the parents get mad. What is up with that? I mean back when I was little sure I would by accident run in to someone and if I ran in to the person you say sorry not just give them a blank stare. If someone told me when I was a kid to watch out after my parents said sorry I would be more careful. Most kids don't care anymore.

    You can see I am bitter. Not against the kids but against the parents. Some parents don't discipline their kids. They think their kids are perfect. When in fact they are not. Now I am not saying all parents are like this. Not at all some parents and kids know not to act out. Heck if I would have acted out when I was young I would have been in deep trouble.

    Okay I have gone on long enough.

    Lets hear your thoughts on this. Please don't turn this in to a fighting post. I would like to keep this topic open.
    I keep a pretty close eye on my kids, and they have been taught to respect others peoples space. However, had my child accidentally run into you, and you told him to "Watch where you are going", you would not have a stunned child on your hands, rather you would have a very protective and upset adult to deal with. Don't you think it would be much better to simply say "excuse me could you please be careful" or you could simply inform the parents (of which 95% are going to correct the situation). Don't think kids are running amuck, I have had more rude adults run into me then children - Even then I usually respond politely (and it is not because I am intimidated by confrontation)!

    To me, turning to anyone and telling them to "watch where they are going", is a pretty aggressive way to address someone who bumps into you, and as such will probably get a pretty aggressive response.

  10. #10

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    I wish Disney wasn't selling those lighted toy swords - that is the worst as far as kids and my getting hit in some form or another. If I was a parent, I'd certainly not be buying any (unless only for home use - but not even then). And parents SEE that their kids are hitting others - and often do nothing about it.
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  11. #11

    • Sugar & Spice
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pirate Island
    Posts
    1,173
    Blog Entries
    48

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    ^^^ I believe that the OP stated that she said "watch where you are going politely" and IMO she has the right to say those exact words. While being a protective parent is normal, it is important to remember that others do not have the kind of patience with children as a parent will.

    Personally, I understand that kids in the park are usually on overdrive and completely over-stimulated. It can happen that a kid will bump in to another person. As an adult, I would expect this child to say excuse me or sorry as that is what I would expect an adult to do. Doing this shows that you have manners and understand that not everyone likes being run in to.

    The one thing I dislike about kids running in to me is when they constantly bump in to me if they are behind me in line. I usually look at them and say excuse me the first time, the second time I tell them to please stop. If it happens more than twice I'll talk to the parent. To be fair I say the same thing to adults; though, with an adult, if it happens more than twice I'll pointedly tell them to knock it off. Knowing your surroundings and being apologetic and courteous aren't difficult.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

    I AM THE REBEL SPY.



  12. #12

    • Sugar & Spice
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pirate Island
    Posts
    1,173
    Blog Entries
    48

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I wish Disney wasn't selling those lighted toy swords - that is the worst as far as kids and my getting hit in some form or another. If I was a parent, I'd certainly not be buying any (unless only for home use - but not even then). And parents SEE that their kids are hitting others - and often do nothing about it.
    Those things are dangerous in hyper little hands! My friend got hit below the belt by a candy-fueled tot on our last trip... though funny at the time, it's something you really have to watch out for!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

    I AM THE REBEL SPY.



  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    59

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    Quote Originally Posted by haunted_hottie View Post
    ^^^ I believe that the OP stated that she said "watch where you are going politely" and IMO she has the right to say those exact words. While being a protective parent is normal, it is important to remember that others do not have the kind of patience with children as a parent will.
    I have to disagree, I don't think you can say "watch where you are going" politely. It is like in the movie Talladega nights, when the guy says, " with all due respect", then proceeds to insult him, but feels that because he said, "with all due respect" it should not be taken as insult. Regardless of how nice of a tone you use, it is still an aggressive way to respond to someone.

    However, I also have little tolerance for those who have little patience with others - especially those grumpy old farts (based on actions not age) who find every little occurrence to berate a child. Accidents happen, and in crowded places people get bumped into. Be an adult and show a little patience!
    Last edited by tmh331; 08-13-2008 at 04:18 PM.

  14. #14

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking16 View Post
    I know this might get shut down quick but I am gonna give it a shot. Please people don't fight in this topic this is just a question and story.
    Can we at least be rude?

    (Just kidding Man of Mystery)

  15. #15

    • Why can't you tune a fish
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NE New Jersey - Yeah thats the place
    Posts
    2,338

    Re: Rude Parent storys

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking16 View Post
    Coastierox. It's not that I don't like kids. Far from it. I dislike kids who misbehave and act out for attention. I don't mean every kid I mean kids parents that don't discipline kids that are acting out. Now yes I know kids do misbehave and act out. Yes thats normal but it is also normal to control kids. How does that say I hate kids?

    Besides I think Coastierox hates me j/k

    This line from one of your posts
    I know the kids are at disneyworld / land but come on parents watch your kids. Or people like me and others will run your kids over. End of story.
    suggests differently. Of course that may be tounge in cheek for all I know.

    It's WDW, it's crowded, and it's exciting. Based on those facts, I expect people (adults and kids) to be a tad be more distracted than usual. They my bump into me because somthing just caught their eye and distracted them. Based on that, I give people the benefit of the doubt and just move on. Of course if it is repeated, such as in a line, I will say somthing along the lines of "please stop running into me". but if I am walking along and a kid (or for that matter and adult) pops out in front of me, I am not going to run them over on purpose.

    -dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Funny snope storys.
    By garbear in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 05:58 AM
  2. being a step-parent...
    By Anders in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 12:07 PM
  3. May 15th - Single Rider Meet pictures and storys
    By Anders in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 312
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 03:35 PM
  4. Your good, bad, and ugly storys
    By Disneyfanatic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 11:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •