Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I love Disney!

Re: River Country Question +1

Hey guys! So I just got back and I got some pretty cool pictures of River Country, When I get a chance I will post them! When we got to Fort Wilderness the backyard bbq was going on but we talked to a cast member and she let us go underneath the rope to get a bit of a closer look (going right up to the fence) and she told us that "some people climb the rocks to look inside" We did and got some pretty good views of the pools and stuff. She also said that she gets to go in there sometimes and clean up. She also said that they have used it for a couple of tests and stuff. So when there was a problem with Typhoon Lagoon they drilled holes in the bottom of River Countrys pool to drain all the water and use it to figure out the problem with Typhoon Lagoon. It was all very interesting...sad to see it in the state that it is in now. I will post pictures very soon!

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by HappilyEverAfter View Post
    1.) I am really interested in River Country and am so sad that it has closed down. But I heard that if you take a boat from somewhere to the Magic Kingdom, and you actually go right past it, and can see it. Does anybody know where that boat takes off from? and if you can go on the boat, if you are not staying at the lodge that it departs from? Can you see Discovery Island from this boat ride as well?
    If you rent a boat at like the Contemp or the Poly and you go back to the Seven Seas lagoon (or is it bay lake... I always get them mixed up.. lol) you can get very close to river country, and if you take a camera on said boat, you can get some nice pics.

THEN:

NOW:

There used to be a website out there that had a ton of pics of the now closed river country. It was quite sad actually...

Yep take the boat to the Fort it goes right by river country and dicovery island. Few pics

• Disneyholic

Hey guys! So I just got back and I got some pretty cool pictures of River Country, When I get a chance I will post them! When we got to Fort Wilderness the backyard bbq was going on but we talked to a cast member and she let us go underneath the rope to get a bit of a closer look (going right up to the fence) and she told us that "some people climb the rocks to look inside" We did and got some pretty good views of the pools and stuff. She also said that she gets to go in there sometimes and clean up. She also said that they have used it for a couple of tests and stuff. So when there was a problem with Typhoon Lagoon they drilled holes in the bottom of River Countrys pool to drain all the water and use it to figure out the problem with Typhoon Lagoon. It was all very interesting...sad to see it in the state that it is in now. I will post pictures very soon!
    So Um... where are the pictures?
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• I love Disney!

I have to figure out how to post pictures!! I have never done that one here before!!
    Is it hard?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I have to figure out how to post pictures!! I have never done that one here before!!
    Is it hard?
    From TDI in the Where in WDW Thread:

WHERE TO HOST/HOW TO POST AN IMAGE
    1. Go to http://www.imageshack.us
    2. Browse for the photo you wish to upload and press "host it!"
    3. Highlight and copy the "Direct Link to Image" (it is usually the last link).
    4. In your post, click on the image icon () and put in that link.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Done with MC.

This is the first I've heard about River Land. What kind of rides were there and why did they close it? How was it themed?

TIA,
    Scotty

• I love Disney!

River Country was opened in 1976, I think they said it was the first or one of the first fully themed water parks! It was kind of themed like the "Old Fashioned Water hole' Goofy was its "mascot I guess you could say". Some of the attractions included "Whoop N holler hollow" and that was two water slides that emptied into bay cove. It had a sand bottom and had a tire swing, a boom swing and a rope climb. They also had slippery slide falls which were two water slides emptying into a pool (I got the most pictures of those) and then there was a tube slide ride called white water rapids, and then a nature trail. There was other stuff as well but those were the main ones! It ceased operation in 2001. Some people claim it was due from the bacteria in Bay Lake (since they filtered water from Bay Lake into River Country to give it the old watering hole feel. But others say it was due to the fact that the other two water parks were getting much more business. Everything is still there, they basically just put a fence around it, and it has basically been left there to Rot. If you go to www.disneypix.com they have some pictures of inside of river country in 2005. And that was 3 years ago!

• Done with MC.

Wow, thanks for the background and the great link!

• I love Disney!

Your Welcome! I think it is so sad, how they have just left it, not doing anything to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12