• Disneyholic

USA ‘Culinary Olympics’ at Walt Disney World

Looks like to kick off the Food and Wine Fest at EPCOT this year Disney will host a world class cooking competition on Sept 27th to choose the US team from a field of 8 semi finalists for the Bocuse d’Or, international cooking competition which is held every two years in Lyon, France. Think of this as a live 'Top Chef' elimination event on steroids.

Tickets go on sale Aug. 25, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378) to purchase yours.

The with proceeds benefiting the Bocuse d’Or USA organization. (a not-for-profit organization which is responsible for sponsoring the competitors’ training, travel and culinary education).

Complete details can be found in the Orlando Sentinel: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fea...linary-ol.html
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Why can't you tune a fish

Re: USA ‘Culinary Olympics’ at Walt Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Looks like to kick off the Food and Wine Fest at EPCOT this year Disney will host a world class cooking competition on Sept 27th to choose the US team from a field of 8 semi finalists for the Bocuse d’Or, international cooking competition which is held every two years in Lyon, France. Think of this as a live 'Top Chef' elimination event on steroids.

Tickets go on sale Aug. 25, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378) to purchase yours.

The with proceeds benefiting the Bocuse d’Or USA organization. (a not-for-profit organization which is responsible for sponsoring the competitors’ training, travel and culinary education).

Complete details can be found in the Orlando Sentinel: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fea...linary-ol.html
    Oh man, that may be worth the airfare.

Do they allow walk-on wild card entries?

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Disneyholic

I don't think you'd be able to walk on this one Dave security for an event like this will be tighter than usual and I make it a policy never to piss off ex cops with mouse ears on their badges (just kidding, the Mouse's Security force is very friendly and helpful these days)

Apparently this is the final 8 from around the country, you can probably apply for the next competition but this years applications where due back in June. The web site for the organization is: http://bocusedorusa.org/

One thing to note this is a huge step forward for the US team with the new organization providing training at its new facility and hundreds of thousands of dollars to support the team, most European teams have much larger programs and budgets in the millions so we are at a distinct disadvantage financially and I for one think it's great that Disney is hosting the event and the proceeds are all going to the charity to help the US team.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    I don't think you'd be able to walk on this one Dave security for an event like this will be tighter than usual and I make it a policy never to piss off ex cops with mouse ears on their badges (just kidding, the Mouse's Security force is very friendly and helpful these days)

Apparently this is the final 8 from around the country, you can probably apply for the next competition but this years applications where due back in June. The web site for the organization is: http://bocusedorusa.org/

One thing to note this is a huge step forward for the US team with the new organization providing training at its new facility and hundreds of thousands of dollars to support the team, most European teams have much larger programs and budgets in the millions so we are at a distinct disadvantage financially and I for one think it's great that Disney is hosting the event and the proceeds are all going to the charity to help the US team.
    Well I was not planning to PHYSICALY walk on

The term walk-on is used in sports, particularly American college athletics, to describe an athlete who becomes part of a team without being actively recruited beforehand or awarded an athletic scholarship. This results in the differentiation between "walk-on" players and "scholarship" players.

However I dont think I quite have the refined training to make the team in the traditional way either. Do they need someone to prep and set up the mise en place? I can do that

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Mmm, I wonder if my world ID would get me into this.