• keep moving forward...

Dog Kennels at Walt Disney World?

Hi everyone. My family and I are just beginning to plan our yearly trip to Florida. This year may be a little different however. In January of last year we bought a Labrador puppy from a breeder, and he has quickly grown into a active, energetic dog. He has become such a big part of our family that we are considering having him accompany us on our vacation. The house we are staying at allows pets, and he will surely enjoy the pool, but we dont want to leave him alone for an entire day while we visit the parks. I have read about several kennels at Disney World and I was wondering if anyone has ever used one. We are wondering what it is like, if the dogs are allowed to play together, and how much it costs, any other information would be greatly appreciated.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: Dog Kennels at Walt Disney World?

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88 View Post
    Hi everyone. My family and I are just beginning to plan our yearly trip to Florida. This year may be a little different however. In January of last year we bought a Labrador puppy from a breeder, and he has quickly grown into a active, energetic dog. He has become such a big part of our family that we are considering having him accompany us on our vacation. The house we are staying at allows pets, and he will surely enjoy the pool, but we dont want to leave him alone for an entire day while we visit the parks. I have read about several kennels at Disney World and I was wondering if anyone has ever used one. We are wondering what it is like, if the dogs are allowed to play together, and how much it costs, any other information would be greatly appreciated.
    I must warn you that taking a dog to the Disney kennels will cause several interruptions to your trip. You will be responsible for all of your dogs bathroom trips which means you would have to leave the park several times during a single day to make sure your dog goes to the bathroom. I know they dont cover you for that.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I must warn you that taking a dog to the Disney kennels will cause several interruptions to your trip. You will be responsible for all of your dogs bathroom trips which means you would have to leave the park several times during a single day to make sure your dog goes to the bathroom. I know they dont cover you for that.

I was thinking the same thing, the kennels are not that expensive and are air conditioned but the owner (you) are required to visit at least 3 or more times per day if I recall correctly to walk the dog, feed and water them. The dog must be leashed at all times and they will put the dog in a medium size kennel/crate. They do not let the dog's play with each other for liability reasons, and they are rather strict on how often you must go and visit the dog. And whatever you do DO NOT LEAVE THE DOG IN THE CAR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! Disney will break the window and call the animal shelter and the cops on you.

We usually choose to board our dogs with our vet since leaving the park several times a day plus the stress on the dog of travel just seemed to be like it would be more cruel to the pet than leaving them with a friend, boarding them locally, or hiring a dog/house sitter. If you want the dog to have a vacation too and make some new friends I would recommend a pet spa or camp k9 style option vrs taking them to Disney with you.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• She was sweet as a peach

Actually the kennels are not run by Disney anymore. They have increased significantly in price (found that out the hard way in January).
    Here is a link:
    http://allears.net/tp/kennels.htm

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    Actually the kennels are not run by Disney anymore. They have increased significantly in price (found that out the hard way in January).
    Here is a link:
    http://allears.net/tp/kennels.htm

But, according to their site, the service is now the following - which includes walks and feedings.

I was paying rates along these lines at the full service kennel I used to use. These rates are not that bad.

Looking at it, I guess DVC members don't own cats ????

Hours:
    Monday-Sunday: Open one hour before park opening until one hour after park closing
    Check-Out Time: 12:00 Noon
    A daycare charge will be applied to stays for pets
    boarding after the noon check-out time.

Boarding
    • All boarding rates include two potty walks and up to two meals.
    • There is a full day charge for day of check-in.
    Dogs
    Overnight - Day Guest $20.00
    Overnight - Resort Guest $18.00
    Overnight - DVC Member $17.00
    Daycare $15.00

Cats and Small Animals
    Overnight - Day Guest $15.00
    Overnight - Resort Guest $13.00
    Daycare $10.00
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony