• Killer of Threads

Visiting WDW from 10/26-11/1

I was just wondering if any of the wily veterans could hip me as to what to expect, as far as weather and crowding. If nothing else, it'll help the Missuz and I decide on costumes for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, which we'll be attending on the 31st!

Any info would be much appreciated, thanks!

Re: Visiting WDW from 10/26-11/1

November features, IMHO, the best weather florida has to offer. The humidity isn't so bad the the temperature are enjoyable to just about anyone. Orlando: High 79-Low 59 are the report averages. Octobers Average is Orlando: High 85-Low 65. Enjoy! You've picked a great time to visit!!!!

• Killer of Threads

Thanks! How about crowding? As with the weather, I've read conflicting reports.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It can sometimes get really hot in late October. A couple years ago, I was at EPCOT and it was in the low 90's... at the end of October! I'm not saying that's how it always is, but just warning you there could be a scorcher day when you least expect it.

As far as crowds... EPCOT will be a bit busier than usual due to the Food & Wine Festival. It gets really crowded on the weekends as that's when the locals come out.

Crowds will be reasonable. The weather average I provide are real averages, not my opinion. So while there is always the chance of an indian summer or an early cold snap, the odds are greatly in your favor the weather will be great. I agree that Epcot will be busier, especially the world showcase in the later afternoons and evenings.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah usually the weather is really nice that time of year. Plus hurricane season is almost done by then.

• Killer of Threads

Thanks, guys. On my last trip, circa 1991 or so, I went in either late Sept. or early Oct., and the longest line I waited in was 20 mins, which was for Space Mountain. One night, I was able to ride the Haunted Mansion (my favorite) four times in a row without waiting in line at all. I know the latter example is a bit extreme, but would you say that the wait time would be in the ballpark of 20 minutes for really popular rides? Perhaps longer?

• Disneyholic

We'll see you down there, I'll be down from Sept 24-Oct4th. If you love the HM I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised by the new effects they added last year when they refurbished it, it's absolutely amazing.

Crowds have become a bit unpredictable lately, traditionally it is a dead time but when Disney extended the MNNSHP into September the park crowd levels has definitely increased over where it was even 5 years ago. I'm not sure if it's more people visiting WDW or just a displacement effect of the event since the MK closes early 2-3 days a week for it it forces people into the other parks at night.

That being said best advice I can give is if your an early morning person and staying on site take advantage of the EMH and them park hop when the crouds get too much. If you are not a morning person or are not staying onsite, Plan to visit a park that dosn't have the EMH that day. Touringplans.com also has a guide for the best park to visit each day.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    We'll see you down there, I'll be down from Sept 24-Oct4th. If you love the HM I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised by the new effects they added last year when they refurbished it, it's absolutely amazing.

Crowds have become a bit unpredictable lately, traditionally it is a dead time but when Disney extended the MNNSHP into September the park crowd levels has definitely increased over where it was even 5 years ago. I'm not sure if it's more people visiting WDW or just a displacement effect of the event since the MK closes early 2-3 days a week for it it forces people into the other parks at night.

That being said best advice I can give is if your an early morning person and staying on site take advantage of the EMH and them park hop when the crouds get too much. If you are not a morning person or are not staying onsite, Plan to visit a park that dosn't have the EMH that day. Touringplans.com also has a guide for the best park to visit each day.
    great advcie!!
    I went with touring plans also and piced least buisy days, and no early morning hours. the parks close pretty early while I am there but we plan on not park hoping, and just going to see hotels and extra's when the parks close.

• Killer of Threads

Thanks! I can't wait to see the post-refurb effects, but I'll always mourn for the "original" bride with the glowing eyes and beating heart.

We will indeed be staying on-site, and taking advantage of the EMH. I'm not a morning person, but I'll have to make do! The pictures I've seen of the park being near-empty are amazing, and I'd love to experience the atmosphere in that setting.

My advice....Take a LARGE DUFFEL BAG! No seriously... Cast members will LOAD you up with candy on the 31st. It is the last MNSSHP so they have to get rid of all of the candy they have. CM seem to be a little stingy handing out candy durring the first few parties in September...guess they feel they need to conserve so they don't run out. We always go on the October 31st because we get a year's supply of candy on that night!!!
    CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE: http://imadedisneyhistory.com

• Killer of Threads

Quote Originally Posted by IMadeDisneyHistory View Post
    My advice....Take a LARGE DUFFEL BAG! No seriously... Cast members will LOAD you up with candy on the 31st. It is the last MNSSHP so they have to get rid of all of the candy they have. CM seem to be a little stingy handing out candy durring the first few parties in September...guess they feel they need to conserve so they don't run out. We always go on the October 31st because we get a year's supply of candy on that night!!!
    Awesome! This thing just keeps sounding better and better. Do they still bring out the obscure villains? I'd read that they don't do that as much anymore.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Thanks! I can't wait to see the post-refurb effects, but I'll always mourn for the "original" bride with the glowing eyes and beating heart.
    The new bride with the axe magically appearing in her hands blows away the old one... I felt the exact same way before I saw it. Now with the upgrades and clean scrims everything that was not changed looks the way I remember it the fist time I went back in '78.... absolutely amazing!

We will indeed be staying on-site, and taking advantage of the EMH. I'm not a morning person, but I'll have to make do! The pictures I've seen of the park being near-empty are amazing, and I'd love to experience the atmosphere in that setting.

Well in that case plan on being at the park at least 30-45 minutes prior to the opening to see things that quiet. (in order to get right up at the rope prior to the rope drop for an unobstructed view) Especially with EMH as they do draw a crowd.

If you really want to see the MK empty in the AM (well main street USA anyway) The best way to do this is to do the Steam Train Tour in the morning, it meets before park opening and you get to see main street as well as see how they get the trains ready each morning before the park opens.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Killer of Threads

The new bride with the axe magically appearing in her hands blows away the old one... I felt the exact same way before I saw it. Now with the upgrades and clean scrims everything that was not changed looks the way I remember it the fist time I went back in '78.... absolutely amazing!

Well in that case plan on being at the park at least 30-45 minutes prior to the opening to see things that quiet. (in order to get right up at the rope prior to the rope drop for an unobstructed view) Especially with EMH as they do draw a crowd.

If you really want to see the MK empty in the AM (well main street USA anyway) The best way to do this is to do the Steam Train Tour in the morning, it meets before park opening and you get to see main street as well as see how they get the trains ready each morning before the park opens.
    Eh, I've seen some footage of "Connie." She just looks kinda goofy and awkward to me, but I'm sure that YouTube doesn't exactly do her justice.

Thanks for the tips, though!