Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Re: "Extra Magic Hours" Discontinues Wristbands

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    it wasn't complicated - there were NUMEROUS locations around the park and like almost everything in the parks, a simple question to a CM will lead you on your way
    Actually, no. My visit there 2 weeks ago, We asked 3 different CM's, and all of them were unsure of the exact location.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

being I hav e never been to WDW finding anything will be hard. this just made it easier if I was going to early morning . I am not by the way, to crowded and I did not want to pay for the extra park hopping feature.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Actually, no. My visit there 2 weeks ago, We asked 3 different CM's, and all of them were unsure of the exact location.
    When I went a couple weeks ago, I did the evening EMH at MK. I asked a CM at the wait board when they were going to start handing out wristbands and she gave me a little flyer thingy that gave me all the info for EMH that night, including hours, wristband locations, what attractions would be open, what food places would be open, character greeting locations... the whole shebang.

• Too far from Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    being I hav e never been to WDW finding anything will be hard. this just made it easier if I was going to early morning . I am not by the way, to crowded and I did not want to pay for the extra park hopping feature.
    You'll be fine! Everyone we met was really friendly and once you look at the map you'll see the layout isn't bad at all.
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Hmmm.... I haven't heard anything about this one... makes me wonder if its true...

• Banned User

Question: why can't they just eliminate Extra Magic Hours altogether and keep the parks opened until 10pm on most days.. for *everyone* to enjoy equally as walt intended his parks to be?

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Because EMH is an added draw and benefit of staying at one of the hotels on property.

• Pilot EdForceOne

How funny would this be... if this works, ponder this.

Everyone says Disney can not enforce FP return times properly because of all the 'extra work' and other BS it would put on the CM at the FP line.

Well here we have Disney saying a CM should read the date for EVERY GUEST on EVERY ATTRACTION on a room key... and deal with the fact not everyone in a party will have a room key. If they can actually do this without major disruption - then of course they could survive the aweful burden of actually reading the end-time of a FP ticket.

It will be like those saying the no-bag line isn't possible... yet it's done every day in WDW
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

Exactly... plus on the topic of FP... they don't seem to have a problem enforcing the return time at "Soarin" now, do they?

As for Extra Tragic Hours... yes, it is a benefit...for them since in keeps the hotel full to some degree.. while the rest of the people think they are getting something special while paying extra tragic bucks for staying on property. You think the All-Stars are worth $39 a night in their present condition? Funny how Disney plays everyone like a violin...

• She was sweet as a peach

Question: why can't they just eliminate Extra Magic Hours altogether and keep the parks opened until 10pm on most days.. for *everyone* to enjoy equally as walt intended his parks to be?
    Agreed!

• and too all a good fright

1st thought -- OK, I guess that makes sense, but I'll keep havig to pull my key out of my wallet everytime I want to get on a ride.

2nd Thought -- Maybe I'll get one of those pouches to attach to my pin trading lanyard.

3rd Thought -- Ahhh what a sucker I am.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    How funny would this be... if this works, ponder this.

Everyone says Disney can not enforce FP return times properly because of all the 'extra work' and other BS it would put on the CM at the FP line.

Well here we have Disney saying a CM should read the date for EVERY GUEST on EVERY ATTRACTION on a room key... and deal with the fact not everyone in a party will have a room key. If they can actually do this without major disruption - then of course they could survive the aweful burden of actually reading the end-time of a FP ticket.

It will be like those saying the no-bag line isn't possible... yet it's done every day in WDW
    They have started enforcing the date on FP. That is the reason why the new FP design has recently been introduced. I see no reason why they cannot enforce it at EEMH.

As far as the return time, the reason why they do not enforce the window typically is b/c Disney realizes that it can be difficult for some people to make it back in time (ex. dinner runs long, you get caught by an e-stop on another attraction etc.).

That said, I agree with you and TDLFAN, they should definitely enforce the window. If I can make it back in time to use my FP in the window so can anyone else.
    Last edited by Krankenstein; 08-26-2008 at 07:53 AM.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Actually, I tried to go in minutes early on Test Track and the CM would not let me enter until the time. I mean, seriously, minutes.

I also would like to see them get rid of EMH and just keep the park open for everyone.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Actually, I tried to go in minutes early on Test Track and the CM would not let me enter until the time. I mean, seriously, minutes.

I also would like to see them get rid of EMH and just keep the park open for everyone.
    Same with me. This past July my group got to Space Mountain literally 30 seconds before our time. We were not allowed on until it was time according to the clock at the queue entrance.

I have a question for TDLFAN. Do they enforce the time windows at TDL and HKDL?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post

I have a question for TDLFAN. Do they enforce the time windows at TDL and HKDL?
    At TDR... The one time I tried to use an expired FP, I was turned away. The CMs look at the date AND time. You will be politely asked to go to the back of the line. They are very militant over there in just about everything they do and that is the way it should be because it sends the message that the Cast, not guests, are in charge. Over at HKDL.. I hardly ever use a FP if at all, and when I have, I have been within the time window, so I have never put it to the test on how they manage FP irregularities. Now in regards to NOT beeing allowed to access the FP line before the time printed on the ticket... well that is pretty much standard practice at all parks. No one will be allowed in until the time clock states the time, and that is the way it should be operated. My issues with it are mstly about allowing guests to access the FP line *after* the time has expired. Not fair to those in the stand by line.

As far as the return time, the reason why they do not enforce the window typically is b/c Disney realizes that it can be difficult for some people to make it back in time (ex. dinner runs long, you get caught by an e-stop on another attraction etc.).
    Then if that is the case, like I said before.. the system is flawed and should be eliminated altogether. This is yet another example of Disney's management being difficult and refusing to acknowledge the system is flawed. It's obvious that imposing a time restriction on the guest is unrealistic and does not work. Management should do the honorable thing and kill faspass forever.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast