Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• WDW Spring Adv. CP 2009!!

Thumbs up My first trip to WDW!!! Updated 9/1/08

This is my first trip report I have ever posted on this board hopefully you enjoy it. On august 1-8, I made my first trip to WDW with my family, along with my cousin fellow micechatter SecretlyGold2 and his family. I have been looking forward to this trip for a couple of months and just couldn’t wait to be there. My cousin and I are both Annual Passholders to Disneyland but were looking forward to WDW.

If you have been reading the Trip Report Since part 1 thank you so much.

Heres the Link to Day 2 if you already read Day 1
    MiceChat - View Single Post - Trip Report My first trip to WDW!!! (BEWARE A LOT OF PICTURES AND READING)!!!

then day 3
    MiceChat - View Single Post - Trip Report My first trip to WDW!!! (BEWARE A LOT OF PICTURES AND READING)!!!

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6
    My first trip to WDW!!! (BEWARE A LOT OF PICTURES AND READING)!!!

Final Post
    My first trip to WDW!!! (BEWARE A LOT OF PICTURES AND READING)!!!

BEWARE!!! This is a TR for all seven days we were there. There is going to be a lot of reading and pictures. Most of these pictures were taken by my cousin. So lets get started!!!!

DAY 1

We flew out of our hometown of Fresno, Ca on friday night August 1 at 10 PM. We arrived in Orlando at around 7:30 AM. After we gathered our luggage we were taken to our hotel, Port Orleans Riverside, by Disney's Magical Express. This is something I recommend if you are staying on Disney Resort property as they take care of your luggage and take it to your hotel and also take you back to the airport and load your luggage on your last day of your trip. When we got to the hotel, we were told that the hotel was overbooked. . We were then told that we were upgraded to the Old Key West Resort, which to me was the first part of Disney Magic that occured that trip.

This is my cousin Secretlygold2 with his cool Wall-e backpack that lights up.

After we got the hotel situation settled we headed to the Old Key West resort where we checked in and got our park tickets. Then it was off to our first park the Magic Kingdom. When we got to the park, it was busy and humid. But all that put aside we were ready to start our vacation.

getting ready to enter the park.

after we got into the park we proceeded to walk down main street and take everything in. Both of our families took pictures in front of the castle then it was us kids off to hit our first ride...............

SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I was excited to ride this ride but left with a little disappointment. Its a good ride and all but compared to Disneyland its nothing. There's no ride music, no picture, and its single person carts like the Matterhorn. But I thought the seats were comfortable, we need some of those for the Matterhorn.

After Space it was off to the Tomorrowland Transit Authroity(people movers).

We enjoyed it a lot and wished it was brought back to Disneyland.

After that we had lunch because we were starving since we haven't eaten anything since we flew out last night. Then it was off to Fantasyland.

Winnie the Pooh was the first thing we rode, not a bad ride, but I kind of liked Disneyland's better.

Next was Mickey's Phillarmagic.

This was one of the attractions I was looking forward to on the trip. And I can honestly say I wasn't disappointed, this is something you have to do when you come to WDW.

Next was Small World which was fun to ride considering that ours will be closed until November. Ride was nice

After our trip through Fantasyland we headed to the Haunted Mansion to check out the new effects.

I liked the way this mansion looked. The ride was great with a couple of new things including a stair room that is awesome to see. I wouldn't mind seeing how different this is when the holiday season is around.

After the mansion the we all headed to Pirates. Now this pirates is a lot shorter than the one in DLR. Its not bad but for me as one of my favorite rides at DLR I expected more. When then headed over to the Jungle Cruise, which was fun because we had a great skipper. She had some really corny jokes, but hey thats what the Jungle Cruise is about, the skippers make the ride, we all had a good time.

Then finally we headed to Splash Mountain. I loved this ride and so did everyone else. It was only five of us that went on the ride, us kids and my dad. But we had a great time and I think the ride is better than the one in DL by alittle bit.

Not bad for the first ride pic. Wait till you see the other ride pics later in the report.

After splash it was starting to get close to our dinner reservation. We had a reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table. This was a fun as you got a little show while you sat down and were eating, you also got a picture with your party and cinderella to keep. The food was really good and I recommend that you try it.

Picture of myself and the family with Cinderella

After the wonderful dinner, we decided to call it a day. We had been up all day and were still tired from the flight. Also we wanted some rest so we could take advantage of the Early Magic Hour at Epcot the next day. Part 2 will be coming up next but while you wait until I post it, here are some random pictures from Day 1.

PART II COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!

TO BE CONTINUED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jared_dl1209; 09-01-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: updating for everyone

• Banned User

Re: My first trip to WDW!!! (BEWARE A LOT OF PICTURES AND READING)!!!

Very nice trip report so far, with sensible commentary.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Very nice pics! I'm enjoying the report but.... you like Disneyland's pooh better? Really??

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report so far, can't wait to read more!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Thanks for sharing those, lookin forward to alot more! Seems like you had a great trip!

Blog Entries

Great so far .. thanks for the report.

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

• Too far from Disney World

Great report! More!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Why can't you tune a fish

Nice TR

Just FYI - The HM in WDW looks exactly the same around the holidays as it does the rest of the year. There is no NMBC overlay.

(See, I read the comments )

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Such a great Trip Report! It is always interesting to read the reactions of a dedication Disneylander when they see WDW for the first time. How nice that you were upgraded to Old Key West.

Can't wait to read the rest of your trip report!

• World Traveler

Great report and pictures! It was cool that you were upgraded to OKW.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Very nice pics! I'm enjoying the report but.... you like Disneyland's pooh better? Really??
    I agree with that. I think the DL version is far superior than the MK's... beginning with the woodsy outdoor queue and overall feel. DL's seem brighter and bigger, while the MK's version is in disrepair. Neither can top the magnificence of TDL's Hunny Hunt.. but hey, is anyone surprised at the cheaper versions we get in the USA. Talk about insulting my intelligence and wallet!

• The one, the only...

I also believe that the WDW version of Splash Mountain is better then Disneyland's. It is certainly not to miss when visiting the Magic Kingdom. Some of the best experiences of MK is the dinning options. I am glad you got to experience the Royal Table.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Killer of Threads

I love your approach to capturing certain architectural details in your shots of the castle, and the use of perspective. Very nice indeed!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I agree with that. I think the DL version is far superior than the MK's... beginning with the woodsy outdoor queue and overall feel. DL's seem brighter and bigger, while the MK's version is in disrepair. Neither can top the magnificence of TDL's Hunny Hunt.. but hey, is anyone surprised at the cheaper versions we get in the USA. Talk about insulting my intelligence and wallet!

I do prefer the DL queue, but DL's ride only feels bigger because it's much more empty with that large 6 seater honeycomb. WDW has a few more scenes that makes it better overall.

Whether or not its taken care of... well that's another thing.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Addicted to MC since '08

Awesome! Can't wait for more!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast