Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

International Food And Wine Festival

(Please be kind, this is my first post on the bored, but i'm a long time reader.)

[IMG]http://www.********************/wdw/photos/pageimages/epcot/fawlogo.jpg[/IMG]

September 26 - November 9, 2008

I'm so excited, I have yet to miss a year (except for 2007, i was really bummed. But money was tight then.) Originally we planned on going to Disney the weekend of the 18-21st. (the 20th is my birthday, i'll be 22!) but since my fiance will have his very last weekend of drill (6 years in the army he's finally finished) we chose to reschedule for the 25th-28th! That means i get to experience my favorite event of all at Epcot with the love of my life! I'm soooooo excited. Will anyone else be going this year and what is your favorite part about the festival? past and present(or well what you are looking forward too!)

I'm so stoked to be seeing Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy! And some of the artists that will be attending. To be honest I'm just excited in general, i'm looking forward to the whole festival in general. This is my birthday present to me!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: International Food And Wine Festival

Doesn't look like I'll be attending this year (I really wanted to see David Cassidy or Night Ranger), but I've been to a few and even though it can be extremely crowded, it can be fun. Be prepared to spend a ton of money if you plan on sampling all the food available. Most portions really aren't worth the prices paid. Last year I was excited about the Polish booth offering kielbasa. For... I forget how much... $6 or $7, I got 2 bites of kielbasa and 2 or 3 relatively icky pirougies (I can buy better frozen ones at the grocery store).

That being said though, the Australian booth food is usually pretty good. I remember the German booth once had authentic goulash, which was different than how my mom makes it but was still pretty good.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

International Food and Wine Festival is one of my favorite times of the year at the WDW Resort!

This might give you a clue as to why:

Join us for Sip 'n' Nibble Around the World

BTW, it looks like your original dates would have meshed with the MiceChat Invasion 3, darn it. Oh well, I hope to meet you guys another time. Have lots of fun on your trip. You picked a great time to go.
    Rick

• Why can't you tune a fish

I will be at WDW somtime between Sept 22-26 (work sends me down, and I go )

I don't know if I will get back before F&W ends though.

If I had my druthers I would be seeing the Bocuse D'Or finals and also seeing Robert Irvine speak.

It's a fun time to go. A lot of the food samples are either overpriced, or just loose some of their allure when eaten off of paper plates while standing up. But it is a chance to sample some things you might not otherwise run into (depending on where you live) or if you are not an adventerous eater, it is better, for example, to over pay $3 for 2 escargot to find out if you like them or not, than to pay $9 for 7 of them in a restaruant and find out you hate them.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    I will be at WDW somtime between Sept 22-26 (work sends me down, and I go )

I don't know if I will get back before F&W ends though.

If I had my druthers I would be seeing the Bocuse D'Or finals and also seeing Robert Irvine speak.

It's a fun time to go. A lot of the food samples are either overpriced, or just loose some of their allure when eaten off of paper plates while standing up. But it is a chance to sample some things you might not otherwise run into (depending on where you live) or if you are not an adventerous eater, it is better, for example, to over pay $3 for 2 escargot to find out if you like them or not, than to pay $9 for 7 of them in a restaruant and find out you hate them.

-dave
    Aw man Dave I think we're gong to Just miss ya, I'll be down from the 26th-Oct 4 this year and we are planning to spend 2-3 days at Epcot this trip so we can try some more of the classes. Right now the plan is for all of us to do the Sundays experience since we all love chocolate and desserts, then I'm doing the wine food pairing and of course the wine tasting classes. And of course if I can still walk unassisted a tour around the world showcase to try all the tasting menus.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Banned User

well be doing it the 9th of November. I am so excited to see los lobo's !!!!!!!!!!

• Killer of Threads

The Missuz and I will be down there from Oct. 26th to Nov. 1st, so we'll be catching the festival. So far, all I've heard about it is that the crowds are huge, and that the food isn't worth the price. Is there anything good to look forward to?

• Banned User

for me the music, I have wanted to catch los lobo's for a long time now. other then that no food for me or wine. I would rather spend my money on a awsome sit down meal.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    The Missuz and I will be down there from Oct. 26th to Nov. 1st
    Cats are not allowed in the parks. Here missuz, missuz...

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

This will be the first one I attend... looking forward to checking out all the good food...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    The Missuz and I will be down there from Oct. 26th to Nov. 1st, so we'll be catching the festival. So far, all I've heard about it is that the crowds are huge, and that the food isn't worth the price. Is there anything good to look forward to?
    It's really not that bad. But the crowds can be huge, especially on the weekends as a lot of locals come out. And the food portions you get aren't worth the price. I mean come on.... $7 for 2 bites of kielbasa and 2 or 3 mediocre pirogis from the Poland both and $5 for 3 bites of cheese soup from the Canada booth are totally not worth it. I agree with what Karla said and save your money for a nice sit-down meal or regular counter service.

• Killer of Threads

Thanks, Aimster! Oh, and welcome to MiceChat, Whitney!

Sometimes just the entertainment can be worth it. I keep hoping they bring Chic back to play but so far it hasn't happened, which makes me sad.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    It's really not that bad. But the crowds can be huge, especially on the weekends as a lot of locals come out. And the food portions you get aren't worth the price. I mean come on.... $7 for 2 bites of kielbasa and 2 or 3 mediocre pirogis from the Poland both and $5 for 3 bites of cheese soup from the Canada booth are totally not worth it. I agree with what Karla said and save your money for a nice sit-down meal or regular counter service.
    See I think I might only hit the worlds that are not normally part of the World Showcase and check out their food.

If a country is a permanent fixture, then I would skip their booth and just order a real meal from them...

• She was sweet as a peach

We always start with the empanadas (can't remember the country). So yummy and a pretty good deal!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast