Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Pooh's Playground...you be the judge.

The Mk is getting ready to open their new Pooh Playground area in the former 20K lagoon area opposite The Pooh Ride. I was at the MK this afternoon and was able to take some photos with my cellphone thru the temporary tree fence they have installed until the area officially opens. While the little ones will be delighted with this area... I find this area to be... well... meh! I just hope this trend of adding playground to every freaking Disney park on Earth stops here... But to be fair... you be the judge (and sorry for the quality of the pics...cellphones! )

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...a=31881382&f=0

Re: Pooh's Playground...you be the judge.

Nice photos of the Poohpee McPlayground. Should make the local government happy since they have much nicer playgrounds and have lots less money than Disney.

• Banned User

Heck, give McDonald's a medal for still having much better and less themed playgrounds!!!

• Minion

...I now await the bill boards and monorail decor...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by General Grizz
    ...I now await the bill boards and monorail decor...
    That shopuld arrive by october 1st... to celebrate the first month of opening.. and now we will have stitch and pooh fighting over the monorail speil.. LOL

Amazing.. wow.. thats what our admission and buying murch gets us... maybe we should boycot stitch and pooh related murch for a month.. find something else to get them to approve a new ride.. LOL

• Disney Memory Maker

I like Stitch's voice on the monorail. It is definately much better than that new guys voice (at least they kept please stand clear...de las puertos).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• The one, the only...

I will reserve my evaluation until I see it in person. I am concerned that they might build these all around the Disney Parks. I have a mall near me that has quite an elaborately themed area for "rug-rats" to climb on. The Pooh area looks fun, but the Disney area does not seem any thing special. Admission to the Mall is free. Needless to say, MK is not. I just wish that they put a quality attraction in that space. MK desperately needs a new "E" ticket. I have been on both Mickey's PhilarMagic and Stitch's Escape. Neither is a "E" ticket. Stitich is even a down-grade from Alien Encounter. IMHO I wish that they would bring AE back.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I will reserve my evaluation until I see it in person. I am concerned that they might build these all around the Disney Parks. I have a mall near me that has quite an elaborately themed area for "rug-rats" to climb on. The Pooh area looks fun, but the Disney area does not seem any thing special. Admission to the Mall is free. Needless to say, MK is not. I just wish that they put a quality attraction in that space. MK desperately needs a new "E" ticket. I have been on both Mickey's PhilarMagic and Stitch's Escape. Neither is a "E" ticket. Stitich is even a down-grade from Alien Encounter. IMHO I wish that they would bring AE back.
    Pooh's McPlayground is the future of Disney attractions.

That's what folks spend thousands of dollars on magical WDW vacations for, after all.

• Disney Memory Maker

Why all the Doom & Gloom. They are building one playground (on an area that for a long time was home to nothing). The future of WDW is not Pooh's Playground...the future of WDW is Expedition Everest (and other really expensive, really cool rides like Mission:Space). The future of WDW is wonderful nighttime shows (like Wishes and Reflections of Earth). They are building one playground...get over it.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion

I'm really torn about this and have two almost opposite feelings about it...
    What's there now is better than that ugly, empty, nasty lagoon. The kids will likely take advantage of the play area on our trip there in February. That being said, I'd much rather have them build a new, decent e-ticket ride; refurb 20,000 Leagues, or come up with some sort of innovative attraction - an interactive Disney family history museum perhaps??

• Minion

Disney should have just replaced the 20K area with the Winnie the Pooh ride. This was an actual idea. Keep Toad, use the 20K space, and make an attraction like Pooh's Hunny Hunt. And then Disneyland might have followed suit. . .

That is, unless you think guests would prefer benches and a slide...

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    I'm really torn about this and have two almost opposite feelings about it...
    What's there now is better than that ugly, empty, nasty lagoon. The kids will likely take advantage of the play area on our trip there in February. That being said, I'd much rather have them build a new, decent e-ticket ride; refurb 20,000 Leagues, or come up with some sort of innovative attraction - an interactive Disney family history museum perhaps??
    I agree pretty much with this. And I'm not too upset about play areas in
    particular *if* they're themed or designed nicely. Ex. Tom Sawyer Island.
    Although I reserve final judgement till I see this in person, if its just what's
    in these pics, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Either way, I would have rather seen an innovative e- (or even a d-) attraction.

• Sock Puppet

""the future of WDW is Expedition Everest (and other really expensive, really cool rides like Mission:Space).""

LOOOOOLLLLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOLL!! <CO&UGGGGH COUUUUUGH! COUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!> HAHAHAH!!!! LOLOLOLOLLLLLLLOL...............!!!!!!!!!!

WATILL AFTER HKDL OPENS HONEY!

• Don't hate the game...

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Why all the Doom & Gloom. They are building one playground (on an area that for a long time was home to nothing). The future of WDW is not Pooh's Playground...the future of WDW is Expedition Everest (and other really expensive, really cool rides like Mission:Space). The future of WDW is wonderful nighttime shows (like Wishes and Reflections of Earth). They are building one playground...get over it.

-Michael
    Agreed... I knew someone who just recently went to WDW, and they said all the rides were spread out, which means they have plenty of room for the playground. They're not replacing anything with it, so who cares?

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by OTownGuy
    WATILL AFTER HKDL OPENS HONEY!
    First of all, I believe I said "the future of WDW is Expedition Everest (and other really expensive, really cool rides like Mission:Space)."

Second of all, I've heard from many people that phase II is supposed to be really great. And although everything is 'subject-to-change', I think with Iger and Rasulo at the helms (of their respective areas), most of it will occur. One part I remember off the top of my head is this really cool new e-ticket Pirates of the Caribbean. There were other planned additions, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

-Michael

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast