Why I go to Disney again and again

Here is my blog from my newsletter this week. I would like to know why you go to Disney again and again.

I know that many people think I’m crazy for wanting to go to Walt Disney World over and over. My family has always tried to live life to the fullest each day because of my daughter and her disease. We also wanted to make sure that we could find a safe place that we all enjoyed to go on vacations. Walt Disney World provides all that and more for us. This week I wanted to share some experiences that explain why I go to Disney again and again:

• The excitement of planning a trip to Walt Disney World
    • To hear my daughters count down from 10 to 1 as we approach the entrance to Walt Disney World
    • To experience the “smell” of walking into the Pop Century lobby
    • To be able to ride the TTA and view Space Mountain with the LIGHTS ON
    • To “pool hop” at a different resort each day of our trip
    • To ride Splash Mountain at Midnight
    • To “park hop” to all four parks in one day
    • Watching my daughters open up and ask Cast Members if they could trade pins with them
    • Being able to vacation with both sets of grandparents at Walt Disney World
    • Viewing Walt Disney World during different seasons of the year
    • Savor the taste of a dole whip
    • Having my daughter run down a path to greet Minnie Mouse and hug her
    • Seeing Minnie Mouse take my daughters hand and take her on a tour of her house
    • Riding the Tea Cups with Alice and the Mad Hatter
    • Watching peoples faces as they taste Beverly for the first time
    • Walking through the FASTPASS line and seeing the expression on people’s faces in the standby line wondering “how do they get to do that?”
    • Arriving at Magic Kingdom at 7 AM to begin the day
    • Hearing “Welcome Home” when we check in to our DVC Resort
    • Swimming on Christmas Day
    • Using the “secret entrance” through Rainforest Café to enter Animal Kingdom
    • Sitting in the front of the monorail
    • Watching my daughter racing up to the turnstile to be the first person in line
    • Watching the magician on the Boardwalk balance hats and other items on my daughters head
    • Getting to play Beast at Storytime with Belle at the Magic Kingdom
    • Seeing the excitement in my daughter’s face (who was wearing a goofy hat) when Goofy waves directly at her during Animal Kingdom’s parade.
    • Watching grown men wear hats that they would never be caught dead in outside of Walt Disney World
    • Hearing people mess up Disney names, such as “Fast Track” instead of “FASTPASS” or saying they are going to “Disney” instead of “Magic Kingdom”
    • Watching the joy of my daughter when she finally hit the 48” height requirement
    • Being “That Guy” at the Laugh Floor
    • When leaving Animal Kingdom, taking the next bus we saw to eat lunch at that resort
    • Tour Groups
    • Being the only family in The Magic of Disney Animation, and having Mr. Incredible play hide and seek with us
    • The afternoon rain shower during the summer
    • Surprising my wife by making a last minute turn heading to Animal Kingdom Lodge to stay instead of All-Star Movies. (She thought we were staying at AS Movies)
    • Finding a new “Hidden Mickey”
    • Scoring 999,999 on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
    • Watching a grown man ride around Whispering Canyon Café restaurant on a wooden horse yelling, “Senior Dusty Trails is the greatest”
    • The experience of a new attraction such as Toy Story Mania
    • Whistling “Yo Ho, Yo Ho… a pirates life for me” when entering and exiting the ride
    • Walking through Star Tours and looking over your shoulder and Darth Vader being right there
    • Shaking hand with the Mayor of Main Street USA
    • Getting up so early that you are the only ones on a bus to a park
    • Watching Wishes from the Polynesian Beach
    • Watching the Electrical Water Parade from the beach at Wilderness Lodge
    • Walking right down the middle of… Main Street… USA
    • Planning my next trip to Walt Disney World!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Why I go to Disney again and again

I am honored to be the first one to congratulate you on your list. Disney World was built for folks like you, and I hope folks like me. I wish that I could get there a little more often. Hopefully really soon.

Enjoy more of the magic - each and every time.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Sock Puppet

Talking Re: Why I go to Disney again and again

I find myself visiting WDW less and less every year. I guess I've just come to the realization that there's more to the world than Disney's World (heh).

I just got back from Epcot and it was nice and relaxing but nothing much has changed. It's always the same things over and over, and it gets old. At this point, I've really already seen and done it all. I think the key (if you are a non-Disney fanatic and aren't completely hooked to the parks like I used to be) is to visit WDW less frequently - maybe every other year or few years - because it makes the trip just much more enjoyable since it's more of a unique, special experience and not just another day in the (same old) park.

With all the money you spend on Disney vacations you can be using it to explore other cities or parts of the world. Scary thought, going somewhere non-Disney related, I know... but its fun to take a break from the mouse every once in a while
    Last edited by WDWizard; 09-06-2008 at 02:46 PM.

• Minion

ORDDU: I go to Disney World over and over again because I'm always assured that there will be an entirely NEW crop of gorgeous men roaming the place. How could seeing all new hunks each visit EVER be considered boring? It's like a first time visit all over again when you look at it that way.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Goin' ta Walt Dizzy Whirl over 'n over agin' ain't no worse than a alcoholic goin' ta the same bar night after night, week after week, year after year. Don't never hear nobody pointin' somethin' out like THAT, now does ya?

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh! I NEVER get bored by going to Walt Disney World over and over again. I'm always finding a lot of changes each time I go. Why, the menu's, alone, are enough to add plenty of spice and variety to each visit. Believe it or not, I still haven't had a churro more than once. That's 'cause I can't seem to get past the funnel cakes. I usually eat at least 3 each trip!!

• Banned User

I only have two reasons to go back to WDW over and over...
    1) Because my AP allows me to go back again and again..
    2) So I can keep the Disney execs reading these boards informed of the areas that need improvement at WDW, since they never venture out to experience the parks from the guests' perspective.

BTW... the proper name is "Electrical Water Pageant" and has the distinction of being the longest running show at WDW to date.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post
    I find myself visiting WDW less and less every year. I guess I've just come to the realization that there's more to the world than Disney's World (heh).

Blasphemy!

I just got back from Epcot and it was nice and relaxing but nothing much has changed. It's always the same things over and over, and it gets old. At this point, I've really already seen and done it all. I think the key (if you are a non-Disney fanatic and aren't completely hooked to the parks like I used to be) is to visit WDW less frequently - maybe every other year or few years - because it makes the trip just much more enjoyable since it's more of a unique, special experience and not just another day in the (same old) park.

With all the money you spend on Disney vacations you can be using it to explore other cities or parts of the world. Scary thought, going somewhere non-Disney related, I know... but its fun to take a break from the mouse every once in a while
    Yes there's Disneyland CA, Disneyland Tokyo, Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Hong Kong, The Disney Cruiseline, and all the exciting Adventures by Disney tours which I assume you are referring to...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Banned User

Brad, some people DO have lives... Good for them.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post

Yes there's Disneyland CA, Disneyland Tokyo, Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Hong Kong, The Disney Cruiseline, and all the exciting Adventures by Disney tours which I assume you are referring to...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post

Sorry. Technically, you got three park names wrong. Back to DL 101 for you! The proper names are Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Disneyland Park. Note the city names go ahead of the DL name and not behind, and the one park that used to have the city name after the DL name has now dropped the Paris name off the park's proper name (but they are still calling the resort Disneyland Resort Paris). BTW... while we are talking resort names, it's "Tokyo Disney Resort" and NOT Tokyo Disneyland resort like some people have stated here.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 09-07-2008 at 09:26 PM.