Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

Re: Disney Dreams Come True Parade Hurricane Version

Well, I guess Disney just needs to learn to control the weather...

kidding of course.
    Wow...I've been gone a long time...but I'm glad to be back!!

Running in the Disneyland Half Marathon this year...first one ever!!! So excited!

• Cherry Tart

Or install that giant dome over the entire resort that guests have been asking about for years!

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by sassy*tink View Post
    And if there was lighning in the area, I don't think the parade floats would be the first thing that would get hit. I understand lightning is unpredictable, but doesn't it usually go for the tallest thing in an area?

WDW is covered with lightning protection systems. You can see the air terminals all over the place. There are a lot more "attractive" targets than parade performers - however, that does not mean of course that it cannot happen, or that it is safe.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Or install that giant dome over the entire resort that guests have been asking about for years!

And people wonder why I like DisneyQuest. It's the only part of WDW that's climate controled! Well, outside of your on-property hotel rooms.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by CTXRover View Post
    From what I heard, this was not planned as some have insinuated.
    Correct.
    We were there, we're literally next to that guy in the second video (how cool...I lvoe indirectly finding myself on YouTube).

We stepped off the monorail into a light rain, and in the process of the monorail ramp...it was a total downpour. I've seen some insane Florida storms...that one was MAJOR. One of the most intense I've ever seen. We got caught and completely soaked.

Anyhow, the parade was heading out when the rain started...at that point, the only place for it to go was back up to the hub and turn around.

Which is what it did.

On a side note however...it was pretty much the best parade I ever saw.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    Correct.
    We were there, we're literally next to that guy in the second video (how cool...I lvoe indirectly finding myself on YouTube).

We stepped off the monorail into a light rain, and in the process of the monorail ramp...it was a total downpour. I've seen some insane Florida storms...that one was MAJOR. One of the most intense I've ever seen. We got caught and completely soaked.

Anyhow, the parade was heading out when the rain started...at that point, the only place for it to go was back up to the hub and turn around.

Which is what it did.

On a side note however...it was pretty much the best parade I ever saw.
    That was the only parade route in effect for the past 3.5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    WDW is covered with lightning protection systems. You can see the air terminals all over the place. There are a lot more "attractive" targets than parade performers - however, that does not mean of course that it cannot happen, or that it is safe.

-dave
    I know, I have seen them too. And thats why I said that I understand it's unpredictable.

And I think, with the humidity in Florida that a big dome would turn the Magic Kingdom into a greenhouse and make it even hotter than it is and we all know what happens when people get hot...

But I think a covering of some sort might be nice, but not sure how they would work that in. I guess for now we just have to put up with the sudden Florida rain and keep buying BRIGHT yellow Mickey rain ponchos.
    Wow...I've been gone a long time...but I'm glad to be back!!

Running in the Disneyland Half Marathon this year...first one ever!!! So excited!

• The Darkness to Light

I guess for now we just have to put up with the sudden Florida rain and keep buying BRIGHT yellow Mickey rain ponchos.
    Buy them? You mean the Florida property doesn't do the cheap, barely-keeps-you-dry, clear plastic, "complimentary" ponchos to guests?

I knew they were out to suck your wallet dry, but I didn't know they would resort to RollerCoaster Tycoon tactics during a rainy day.

• She was sweet as a peach

You're kidding! Of course they don't give away ponchos!

Although they are very good about replacing them if they get ripped.

Also, they did away with the yellow ponchos years ago. They are now clear.

•   

Lightbulb Re: Disney Dreams Come True Parade Hurricane Version

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I have some video of spectro from a similar situation where they sent it out when it had no business being out. Spectromen, Balls, Mickey, and Genie's float got out and they stopped sending them but they had to deal with a downpour of rain along with lightning and thunder right on top of them. The floats were BOOKing it down main street and I don't say that with any short of emphasis. I was watching in liberty square and saw them fly past my point of view around the hub, they had to slow down to get across the bridge and make the liberty square turn but by the time the genie float got to us the spectromen and logo float were already past the gate by splash mountain. The floats in the first DDCT video seem pretty slow given what they're dealing with heh. The second video though now we're talkin It was probably because in the first one there were still street performers out there in the way and having fun, which totally makes the first one so awesome. I'd have a blast performing in that kind of weather.
    U have a video of spectro when it was raining i was there when that happen i did not had a video Carma and i was looking for a video when that happen?
    Last edited by xceemora; 09-13-2008 at 09:00 PM.

• Beware of Mutant Mickey!

The Rainy Day Character Cavalcade was performed this week, I believe it was Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe someone was there and got pictures, I was working, so I couldn't.
    I like the Rainy Parade, it has a lot more energy and is more upbeat than the regular parade, but it is very short. It consists of the princesses on a main street car, pooh and friends in another; some of the characters on foot, along with the parade performers dressed in their "Singin' in the Rain" coats. The rest of the characters are stuffed on the double-decker bus, and Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum carrying and fighting over the end banner.

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Wow. That is an unusual sight. LOL at one of the Tweedles playing in a big puddle. Apparently Snow White was the toughest princess there.

Salute to those parade perfomers!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by naumoney View Post
    The Rainy Day Character Cavalcade was performed this week, I believe it was Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe someone was there and got pictures, I was working, so I couldn't.
    I hope someone got pictures too.

• Geoff London

Well, I guess Disney just needs to learn to control the weather...

kidding of course.
    I thought they did.After all they make it snow on Main Street at Christmas.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123