Gumball Rally Event Rules
We will have lots of spotters working the event to make sure that everyone is playing fair and that no one is disrupting the enjoyment of the parks for the regular guests at the Resort. If you disrupt the normal functioning of the park by leaving attractions early, being overly loud in attractions, creating an unsafe environment for others, or disrupting cast members or guests, you will be disqualified from the event. You may NOT have anyone other than your own team members help you with the event. If we find that you are calling others for answers, sharing answers, or in any other way attempting to gain an unfair advantage, you will be disqualified. While these events are designed for everyone to have a great time, it is important that we not have our good time at the expense of others.
Please be respectful of Disney staff and guests at all times!
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q - Do I have to be a member of MiceChat to play?
- No. Anyone can play as long as they purchase a ticket. In fact, we encourage you to invite your friends, family, or members of other Disney communities to participate.
Q - I don't have a team and would like to play on one, what do I do?
- Just post in this thread that you are looking for a team. Since teams can consist of up to 4 members, we are sure to be able to help you find a spot. MiceChatters are friendly folks.
Q - How will the Rally be affected by rides that are closed or which close during the day.
- That is part of the fun of the event. Everyone will be in the same boat (so to speak). Which parks and attractions you choose to ride at any given time of the day, may impact how you finish.
Q - If you don't complete every attraction in the Rally, can you still finish?
- Sure. You can finish whenever you'd like. Points will be awarded for each attraction completed correctly. The team with the most points wins. It may not be possible to complete all the attractions, so just do as many as you can.
Q - What if there is a tie?
- In the event of a tie, the team that turns their score sheet in first will win. If two tied teams turn their sheets in at the same time, the two teams will be asked a series of trivia questions to determine the winner.
Q - What if we finish late?
- That is part of the game. If you finish late you will be deducted 1 point for every minute late you are. Teams finishing 30 minutes or more late will be disqualified. WDW is a big place. Plan on finishing early.
Q - Can I bring my kids along?
- If they are 10 or under you can bring them along - but they may slow you down. If they are 11 or older, please purchase them a ticket to the event and count them as a member of your team. Q - What time do the events start and when can I pick up my packet?
- Packet pick up will be announced at least 2 weeks prior to the event (this is to ensure park operating schedules)
Q - Why are you asking for contact details?
- We will need to contact the leader of each team prior to the event to let them know where the registration table will be located and what time to show up. Further, we may have additional information that we need to make all participants aware of prior to game day. Q - What if it rains?
- The event will be held rain or shine. You should be prepared for heat, cold, rain, shine, and fun. Tickets are non-refundable
Q - What if I can't compete but have already purchased a ticket?
- Event tickets are non-refundable. However, you may sell your ticket to someone else, if you let us know their contact details.
Q - Can we use Fastpass on the Gumball Rally?
- Yes, Fastpass is allowed. It is a regular part of the park operation and a major factor in the guest experience. However, teams must stay together and everyone in the party must have a Fastpass ticket (even if they don't ride!). If one person on the team has a bogus ticket and is not permitted to ride, we will deduct the ride from the team and/or issue penalty points.
Q - Can I use special assistance passes, child swap passes, single rider pass, or dream fastpass?
- No. Please do not use any special assistance or passes that are not readily available to all teams. If you win dream fast passes or have special AAA or other passes, you may NOT use them.
Q - I use a wheel chair and/or have a special assistance pass, can I compete?
- You can certainly participate, however, due to the fact that special assistance passes are an unfair competitive advantage to the other players, you may only compete if you wait in the regular queue. You may sit out on attractions which you can not ride or which it is impossible for you to navigate the regular queue. However, at least one member of your team MUST be able to ride the attraction and wait in the regular queue.