Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• back to WDW in January

Major Park Announcement Coming Sept. 18

According to a posting at Screamscape, a major park related announcement invitation has been passed on to the media and will be presented in NYC on Sept 18.
    No word yet on what it is or where but speculation includes the Premium Park supposedly being designed for WDW.

Disney has sent a mystery invitation out to the media regarding a major new theme park related announcement they will be making on September 18th at noon, somewhere in New York City. As stated in the invitation, “You’re invited to join Disney Parks for a special announcement -- so big we’re bringing the news to New York.” The announcement gets a little strange here as it promotes “New, breakthrough insights about how American families travel will be shared by Peter Yesawich, Chairman & CEO, YPartnership, one of America’s leading travel trend-watchers. Following that, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo will unveil exciting plans for 2009--including a first in the history of the Walt Disney Company.”
    My gut instinct is to say that this event could include that long rumored post-Olympic announcement about the new Disney park project for China, in addition to whatever big celebration Disney has planned to roll out to both coasts for 2009. This could be that “Celebrate Today” rumor, though we’ve heard that the focus may be on Disney pushing the big family trip, reunion or large gathering concept once again as part of this.
    I also have to wonder if Disney might be ready to make some kind of announcement about that Premium Park concept in development for Walt Disney World, previously being called Disney’s Night Kingdom but has since been changed to Disney’s Jungle Trek. Anyone know more about what kind of rabbit Disney is going to pull out of the hat? Last time it was Oswald

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Major Park Announcement Coming Sept. 18

Quote Originally Posted by tjcjr View Post
    According to a posting at Screamscape, a major park related announcement invitation has been passed on to the media and will be presented in NYC on Sept 18.
    No word yet on what it is or where but speculation includes the Premium Park supposedly being designed for WDW.
    we will have to wait and see... ;-)
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    we will have to wait and see... ;-)
    Eric sounds like he might know something.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Eric sounds like he might know something.
    Eric knows ... but he ain't tellin.

Sounds promising! I hope I am not underwhelmed.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

$20 says they're going to officially announce the Magical Celebrations promotion, Miley Cyrus' Sweet 16 party and something else equally underwhelming.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

“You’re invited to join Disney Parks for a special announcement -- so big we’re bringing the news to New York.” The announcement gets a little strange here as it promotes “New, breakthrough insights about how American families travel will be shared by Peter Yesawich, Chairman & CEO, YPartnership, one of America’s leading travel trend-watchers. Following that, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo will unveil exciting plans for 2009--including a first in the history of the Walt Disney Company.”

"How American Families Travel", doesn't really match with a Theme Park in Mainland China. The main traffic for a mainland DL China is going to be the Chinese themselves. Especially with the current economy, gas prices, Airline Prices, more American families are spending time closer to home.

Yeah, a mainland China DL is a possibility, it really doesn't match with this announcement.

This really sounds more like an extension of JR's plan for the more localized Disney style hotel/entertainment/shopping disticts, something that Al has talked about in some of his updates. This is something that would make a little more sense, with people trying to find Disney Entertainment districts, closer to home. It's something that could incorporate the Disney Vacation Clubs, as well as some of there Disney Tour groups.

Perhaps they are ready to announce developement of 5 to 10 new areas, that would seem to be an amount needed to really make an impact, throughout the US. Just guesssing, they would want to open in areas spread across the US, higher traffic areas, tourism close by, and high growth areas which do not have a Disney Park: Seattle, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, New York.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    $20 says they're going to officially announce the Magical Celebrations promotion, Miley Cyrus' Sweet 16 party and something else equally underwhelming.

I'm in on that. I dread the announcement will be for The Jungle Trek or those Disney Regional Entertainment hotels DIsney planned a while back.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Oo-de-lally

I just hope that it is something amazing. Something that will blow all our minds.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

I highly doubt in this day and age that it isn't something we've known about for a long time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
    I highly doubt in this day and age that it isn't something we've known about for a long time.
    Agreed. I just hope it's an announcement we've been looking forward to, like the Space and Imagination refurbs...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

travel....maybe Disney is getting their own airline?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I'm in on that. I dread the announcement will be for The Jungle Trek or those Disney Regional Entertainment hotels DIsney planned a while back.
    This is what I'm betting on!
    I want my cake back!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

I bet this is for the "Year of Celebrations" promotion, and nothing more...
    -Monorail Man

• DVC - BLT/BWV/BCV/VWL/VGC

I think they are going to announce a DVC sales office in NY, much like they did for Chicago.
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast