• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

Magical Express Question

We are flying into Orlando on Monday, we have reserved the Magical Express service and have the conformation email printed to take with us. As we only booked htis service a week or so agao we haven't received the luggage tags or booklet yet. I understand that we have to go to the Disney Welcome Centre upon arrival but I was wondering should we collect our luggage and then go to the Welcome centre? Has anyone been in this situation before? Or does anyone have the (UK) number to phone customer services and ask?

Having a minor breakdown...

• Banned User

Re: Magical Express Question

wow you waited until the last minute ..... I will go look at these questions and come back and post an answer ok.

• Banned User

your late in getting this service, this is what I found on info

Once they confirm that you're in their system, they will, most likely, tell you to put your luggage through without stickers. Then, when checking in at the DME counter, you will be asked to describe your luggage (they have sheets with pictures of luggage -- you can just point to one that is closest to yours.)

What DME will do is, once all bags have been pulled by DME and after all passengers have gotten their luggage, they will have workers look through the remaining bags for those that match the descriptions given by guests arriving at the DME counter and report bags without yellow DME stickers.

To prepare for this, I'd make sure to have good, readable luggage tags, some easy-to-identify markings (like a big pink ribbon or a rainbow-colored strap) on the luggage and whatever else you can think of to make your luggage recognizable.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I personally would get my own luggage. Then you can carry it to the bus yourself. It will mean that you will be at the airport a little longer, but at least you will be sure to have your luggage. You will still get your free ride to the resort that you are staying at. If you are not traveling for too long a time, you might want to consider just doing carryon luggage.

• Disneyholic

Since your coming from the UK you will need to go though customs and all anyway so if you're flying direct to Orlando International you will need to retrieve your bags yourself and have them on your person when you pass though customs. So you may not be able to use the tags anyway.

Once done you can then carry your bags down to the welcome center and they will help you load the bags on the bus with you. I prefer that anyway since you know you have your luggage when you arrive at the hotel and don't have to wait for your luggage to arrive and wonder if it made it or not.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

I never even considered customs! Think that is what we will have to do, just go to the welcome centre with our luggage and take it from there!

Thanks so much for your help!

I'm going to Disney World in 2 days!!!!!

• Disneyholic

Have a Magical trip!
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...