Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46

    • The one, the only...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    2,861

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    The hat just does not fit the illusion of the street being in Hollywood. It really does not fit. It was a poor solution to the problem.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan
    .................................

    Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

  2. #47

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    357

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Clearly the Hat is more substantial than the Wand...but both were born as tributes to Walt's 100th birthday, so I'm not sure that it was originally intended to be a permanent fixture.
    The Wand was built for the Millennium Celebration, not Walt's 100th Birthday.

    The Hat was intended to be permanent, the Wand wasn't.

    Those are the facts.
    Last edited by Krankenstein; 09-25-2008 at 03:24 AM.

  3. #48

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post
    The Wand was built for the Millennium Celebration, not Walt's 100th Birthday.

    The Hat was intended to be permanent, the Wand wasn't.

    Those are the facts.
    Is there any evidence (official statement, imagineer comment, etc) which said the Hat was originally intended to be permanent. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I would like some proof. Otherwise, it's an opinion, not a fact.
    Last edited by tasman; 09-25-2008 at 08:35 AM.
    Down with the Hat


  4. #49

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    357

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    I have nothing in my possession that I can show to you to prove it. All I can do is tell you that my information comes from knowledgeable sources that have never told me something that wasn't true or didn't happen.

    Whether you or anyone else chooses to believe me is unimportant. I am only trying to get the true facts out so urban legends found on wikipedia (of all places) do not continue to circulate.

    Feel free to take anything I say with salt my friend.
    Last edited by Krankenstein; 09-26-2008 at 12:18 PM.

  5. #50

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    If you read the messages above, it does appear to be a legal situation, with the current owners of the real theater objecting to Disney's continued use of its likeness as a centerpiece. Now, this may prove to be true or untrue, but it's really the only reason that makes any sense.
    I do not buy that.
    Disney can always tear down the chinese theater facade (the way they killed the MGM name) if that was the case. personally, to me the BAH represents yet another misguided opinion from someone in management and marketing, that took no thinking about the effects that it would have on the surroundings of the park and its theming. Personally, I would blow the hat off to the stratosphere and return that entire area of the Studios to a more pristine and classic hollywood setting that the new name for the park implies.
    When the dust settles in CA with the re-birth of DCA, I honestly feel they will have a much better park thematically than what we are getting here at DHS, you wait and see.

  6. #51

    • Super Old Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,479

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I do not buy that.
    Disney can always tear down the chinese theater facade (the way they killed the MGM name) if that was the case.
    It'd be a lot harder for Disney to tear down the facade of the Chinese Theater and build something else in its place than to just plop down the BAH. Anyway, I don't know if the story is true or not, but it does make sense.

  7. #52

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    Just because something makes "sense", does not validate it to be true in the very least.

  8. #53

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    357

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Just because something makes "sense", does not validate it to be true in the very least.
    Especially when it isn't true.

  9. #54

    • Super Old Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,479

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Just because something makes "sense", does not validate it to be true in the very least.
    We agree. And Krankenstein, how do you KNOW that it's not true? I'm not being argumentative, I'm jus trying to learn here.

  10. #55

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    357

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    We agree. And Krankenstein, how do you KNOW that it's not true? I'm not being argumentative, I'm jus trying to learn here.
    See the below.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post
    I have nothing in my possession that I can show to you to prove it. All I can do is tell you that my information comes from knowledgeable sources that have never told me something that wasn't true or didn't happen.

    Whether you or anyone else chooses to believe me is unimportant. I am only trying to get the true facts out so urban legends found on wikipedia (of all places) do not continue to circulate.

    Feel free to take anything I say with salt my friend.

  11. #56

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Yesterland Graveyard
    Posts
    147

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    I'm sorry, did you say something? I was too busy lighting darts on fire and throwing them at a picture of the Hat.
    Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

  12. #57

    • Living the Dream.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    187

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    Quote Originally Posted by jordan__edge View Post
    So I'd like to know how everyone feels about the Sorcerer Mickey hat at DHS. I remember on my first trip to WDW, that hat was not there. We returned that summer to find that it was being built. I personally don't like it very much. It is a bit of an eyesore that blocks a wonderful view of the Chinese Theatre. The hat also doesn't really fit the theme of "the old Hollywood that never was."

    How do you feel about it?
    um.. I like the hat!

    Ev

    Celebrate Churros
    Only at Disney Parks..

  13. #58

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    Quote Originally Posted by Evoulie View Post
    um.. I like the hat!

    Ev
    Then could you please pack it in your car's truck and take it with you so we don't have to suffer looking at it and going YUK!??

  14. #59

    • Mostly Harmless.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Idaho...
    Posts
    1,825

    Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Then could you please pack it in your car's truck and take it with you so we don't have to suffer looking at it and going YUK!??
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 09-26-2008, 02:05 PM

Similar Threads

  1. What are your feelings at the outset?
    By mycroft16 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 08:27 PM
  2. If people make fun of you, does it hurt your feelings?
    By so chill in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 08:41 AM
  3. Am I the only one....(pirates feelings)
    By Redsix in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 10:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •