Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

wdw's 5th gate disneysea?

Is Walt disney world 5th gate gonna be disneysea?

Re: wdw's 5th gate disneysea?

doubtful... most likely it's going to be a niche' theme park like Discovery Cove. You can see Disney trying this out with Miley Cyrus's Birthday in Disneyland. IMHO they are checking to see how many people buy those expensive tickets. Disney is always looking for hard data into what people will do.

• Mostly Harmless.

It would be cool to have something like Disney Sea here however, it would destroy the uniqueness of the Tokyo park. Not only that, but I seriously doubt that they could presently support a full fifth gate. The adventure park might be a great idea though. I know it will be pricey and I doubt I'll get to go because of that, but from what I have heard it sounds fun.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

No. They would never spend that kind of money.

Even if they have it, there's no financial reason for them to build a true 5th gate.....even if our economy was strong.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

They need to fix what they got in the parks they already have first.

Doubtful, but you might see certain aspects of Tokyo DisneySea popping up in DAK.

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post
    Doubtful, but you might see certain aspects of Tokyo DisneySea popping up in DAK.
    JTTCOTE would fit perfectly in DAK!

Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post

I like that idea! Let's start by bulldozing Dino-rama.

• i heart plunging v-necks

barf. no more clones.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

DisneySea is actually high quality worth cloning.

• When Will It Return?

But you know they won't put forth the proper money for a proper clone. If all they're going to build is a budget-slashed hollow empty shell of a great attraction, don't bother.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• i heart plunging v-necks

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    DisneySea is actually high quality worth cloning.
    a clone is a clone. i'd rather have something new and fresh.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• The Darkness to Light

The quality of just the environment alone of DisneySea is WAY too much money given the modest to cheap displays I've seen out of WDW in the last five years. I think the most money they have spent from my point of view was on Everest, and that was mostly in constructing cost and ride effects. To have something even remotely close to DisneySea in WDW would be an impossibility. I'm not saying there isn't space, but I am saying it doesn't look like there is any money for it. And if there is, they sure are not showing that they have money to burn at WDW.

That said, I'm not against seeing aspects of TDS somewhere in WDW. Rip out Soarin' and put a Weather Pavilion that teaches kids about our weather system with the anchor ride being StormRider, and if done properly, I would love it. Conversely, if they do a budget friendly castle show which just so happens to feature music from a Tokyo Disney show (Dream Along, I'm looking at you!), then, yeah.. no, try again, and this time with PASSION.

But as long as there are people out there who want an opprotunity to sue Disney for all they can, I doubt we will even see the more budget friendly WDW-eque DisneySea offerings like Chip & Dale's Cool Service.

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    a clone is a clone. i'd rather have something new and fresh.
    Like Monsters in the Energy Pavilion teaching about alternative fuel sources?

Oh, wait, that's too much like Nemo teaching about marine life.

But seriously, what about derivitives(sp?)?
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    The quality of just the environment alone of DisneySea is WAY too much money given the modest to cheap displays I've seen out of WDW in the last five years. I think the most money they have spent from my point of view was on Everest, and that was mostly in constructing cost and ride effects. To have something even remotely close to DisneySea in WDW would be an impossibility. I'm not saying there isn't space, but I am saying it doesn't look like there is any money for it. And if there is, they sure are not showing that they have money to burn at WDW.

That said, I'm not against seeing aspects of TDS somewhere in WDW. Rip out Soarin' and put a Weather Pavilion that teaches kids about our weather system with the anchor ride being StormRider, and if done properly, I would love it. Conversely, if they do a budget friendly castle show which just so happens to feature music from a Tokyo Disney show (Dream Along, I'm looking at you!), then, yeah.. no, try again, and this time with PASSION.

But as long as there are people out there who want an opprotunity to sue Disney for all they can, I doubt we will even see the more budget friendly WDW-eque DisneySea offerings like Chip & Dale's Cool Service.

Like Monsters in the Energy Pavilion teaching about alternative fuel sources?

Oh, wait, that's too much like Nemo teaching about marine life.

But seriously, what about derivitives(sp?)?
    Stormrider would be good for EPCOT! It would also be neat if they both exchanged some ideas from their food festivals. TDS should add more of the variety that EPCOT has and it would be nice if they had a show like A Table is Waiting at EPCOT. The dinning passport idea would be fun at the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT as well!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    What's the point in ripping out the most popular ride at Epcot when you have a basically abandoned pavilion on the other side of Future World? I'm all for StormRider and a Weather Pavilion but not at the expense of Soarin' (which really has been the biggest home run Disney has offered recently).

I'm all for cloning! I used to be on the other side of the issue but I have sine warmed up to the idea. I mean, I'll be lucky to make it to Disneyland one day, let alone Tokyo, Hong Kong or Paris. For me cloning works out great b/c it offers me an opportunity to experience attractions I would never be able to experience otherwise.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast