Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Say Good-bye to the Honey Mustard

ORWEN, the name of that restaurant is the Backlot Express... I believe... and they better NOT get rid of the honey mustard sause at the Columbia Harbor House... or else.. I will be very mad. But then again... does it really surprise you that WDW management continues to cut back in the little areas that are important to many guests, especially frequent ones? It's typical WDW faux-pas.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    That is entirely false.

Which Part? I believe they are correct in that the chicken fingers where replaced with nuggets... So I assume your referring to the net weight of the chicken itself?

Just curious since typically nuggets have more carbs than chicken fingers due to the increased surface area, not a huge change but it impacts those of us who are Diabetic...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    I'm all for being green but I think there might be more to this than that. Bottled coke as someone pointed out is expensive and bulky, but also very convenient for folks who want to drink part of it and reseal it for later, Fountain drinks don't work well in a backpack or purse on rides... They will wind up selling more and generating more paper waste, versus putting out more recycling bins for plastic bottles... The only green I see in that equation is the
    Exactly. They're going to call say that it's an environmentally concious choice because that's currently very popular and makes them look good in the eyes of those who don't bother to think any deeper about it. However the choice to make these cahnges is almost surely more about profit than the environment or else they wouldn't bother.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Which Part? I believe they are correct in that the chicken fingers where replaced with nuggets... So I assume your referring to the net weight of the chicken itself?

Just curious since typically nuggets have more carbs than chicken fingers due to the increased surface area, not a huge change but it impacts those of us who are Diabetic...

Yes, the volume of the product is the same. The quantity appears to be less, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I know I'm going to sound pollyanna-ish here, but isn't it possible that the honey mustard is being discontinued from this location because not enough people use the honey mustard? It can be a huge deal if honey mustard is your whole reason to go to this restaurant. But to imply ulterior or cheap motives to a decision like this is simply going off without all the facts.

• Minion

ORWEN: It IS less and since we ate them all the time we should know. If you put 3 of those current chicken fingers in a row, the add up to one of the previous chicken fingers--or maybe even LESS. Since you only get 6 nuggets, at the very most that's equal to only two of the chicken fingers.

ORGOCH: Yeah, we sure don't buy inta the false notion that 6 nuggets is the same as 3 chicken fingers. That sounds like Disney mis-management speak ta us.

Oh no, not Ken's Honey Mustard, that stuff is awesome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12