Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Say Good-bye to the Honey Mustard

ORWEN: This past weekend on Saturday, Sept. 20th, 2008, us Cauldron girls went to Disney Hollywood Studios for some fun. When we went to get a quick bite for lunch at the fast food restaurant behind Indiana Jones (I think it's called the Back Lot something or other) we were surprised to find out they've made some changes to their condiment counter. For one thing, they don't have honey mustard any more! They've also changed the kind of bar-b-que sauce from the small packaged ones to a less tasty version that they have inside the same kind of container that the ketchup and regular mustard are stored.

ORDDU: This newest version of the bar-b-que sauce just doesn't measure up to the packaged variety they used to provide. And the fact that they've done away with honey mustard altogether smacks of yet another budget cut--minor as it may seem to some.

ORWEN: We asked the cast member on duty why they had stopped putting out the honey mustard and she didn't seem to know.

ORDDU: But when I suggested it must be due to budget cuts, she offerd a knowing look as if to say, "You're right but I can't officially confirm or deny."

ORWEN: It was bad enough when they took away chicken fingers and substituted them with those puny chicken nuggets because now you get less cluck for your buck.

ORDDU: It just makes us wonder how much further these budget cuts are going to go.

ORWEN: Oh and I almost forgot to say anything about the fact that the cast member on duty said they had also stopped giving out Ranch dressing at this same restaurant. So, I ask you; what's a salad to do without Ranch dressing? Go naked???

ORDDU: We've noticed that--usally--when one restaurant discontinues an item such a these--all the other restaurants property wide follow suit. Little things like a nice variety of condiments can make a big difference in one's enjoyment of a meal. We'd hate to see any more food items discontinued at Walt Disney World.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Say Good-bye to the Honey Mustard

I hope it was just that location that happened to be out, I love the honey-mustard.

• Minion

*Add to packing list - honey mustard*

Sheesh!
    I want my cake back!

• The one, the only...

I am saddened by the change. It is the little things that make for a great vacation. I love honey-mustered and would love to enjoy it on vacation.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Mostly Harmless.

Just curious but is that a McD's in disguise?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Minion

ORWEN: No, it's not one of those disguised McDonalds. But we can see why some guests might think it is. And the cast member we talked to checked with the manager before coming back to say the honey mustard and the ranch dressing were both being discontinued. We're not saying every OTHER fast food restaurant on property is discontinuing these same condiments. We're just wondering. 'Cause--as Remy the Rat would say, "Whenever your taste buds have a bad experience at meal time, it's enough to ruin your whole day!"

The packages of BBQ sauce were removed as part of Disney's "green" initiative. The same may be true for the honey mustard, ut the manufacturer hasn't come up with the large quantity container for the pump dispenser yet. This change will be in going on at all condiment locations.

Another "green" initiative is the removal of all Coke bottled products from the parks, except in a few 'select locations" like Club Cool in Epcot and the giant Coke bottles at DHS.

The only bottled products available will be Dasani water and a few other water products. Coke, and other soft drinks will still be available via fountain service.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    Another "green" initiative is the removal of all Coke bottled products from the parks, except in a few 'select locations" like Club Cool in Epcot and the giant Coke bottles at DHS.

The only bottled products available will be Dasani water and a few other water products. Coke, and other soft drinks will still be available via fountain service.
    Besides being "green" it is a huge cost saving method. The bottled product costs so much more than fountain beverages with a higher profit margin.

It's bad enough they've butchered Figaro Fries by taking off the lettuce, tomato, and ranch dressing. At least you can ask for those on the side but if they get rid of the ranch all is lost anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Mostly Harmless.

So basically they are shopping at Sams club now...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

naked salad?! NO!!!!! What good is a salad if it's not covered in dressing? Seriously. That's the only thing that makes those veggies worth eating. At least, to my taste buds.

Lame!!!!!

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    naked salad?! NO!!!!! What good is a salad if it's not covered in dressing? Seriously. That's the only thing that makes those veggies worth eating. At least, to my taste buds.
    Hey now that's enough talk of Nakedness there may be children present!

That is, if the witches haven't already caught them in their gingerbread house and are waiting on a shipment of honey mustard since they couldn't pilfer enough small plastic tubs of it from the back lot express so they can eat... But hey we understand ya girls gotta eat...

I'm all for being green but I think there might be more to this than that. Bottled coke as someone pointed out is expensive and bulky, but also very convenient for folks who want to drink part of it and reseal it for later, Fountain drinks don't work well in a backpack or purse on rides... They will wind up selling more and generating more paper waste, versus putting out more recycling bins for plastic bottles... The only green I see in that equation is the
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Disappearing/Reappearing

good point!!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I hate honey mustard so no tears lost here. Just give me ketchup or some ranch dressing and I'm happy.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post

ORWEN: It was bad enough when they took away chicken fingers and substituted them with those puny chicken nuggets because now you get less cluck for your buck.

That is entirely false.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast