Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Final Hoopla

Here's a thought I had that got me thinking, forgive me if someone else already picthed this and I missed it...

Would you stay home and watch a web-cast if Disney would send a free streaming video of the final Adventurer's Club Hoopla?

It hit me last night that this would be an awesome idea. We've got the original and revised Kungaloosh recipes and will be doing a farewell toast to the AC at midnight in honor of its closing.

"Marching Along We're Adventurers...."

• Super Old Guy

Re: The Final Hoopla

I don't know if I'd watch live, but I'd sure watch a taped retrospective of the club, including footage of the last night.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I might actually be up there that night but no idea if I could go to the final Kungaloosh.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I would love something like that as I won't get to experience the real thing... so sad! Missing it by just a few weeks too...
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Disneyholic

It looks like PhoneDave, Myself and a couple others will be there on Friday, we may be able to tape the 2nd to last one for you guys...

Anyone else want to meet me there for a drink just let me know the more the merrier!
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I don't know if I'd watch live, but I'd sure watch a taped retrospective of the club, including footage of the last night.

I'd pay good money for that myself Dan!

• Little Miss Sunshine

I may pop in tomorrow - though it will probably be CRAZY on Friday/Saturday and maybe tomorrow as well.

The NFFC has a dinner scheduled for a just over a week from now (after the official closing). I expect to go to that.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Mostly Harmless.

I wanna go... I haven't been in there for about 3 years. OH well. Guess I'll have to miss out.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

My advice to anyone going... go very early!
    We arrived at A.C. around 9pm on Tuesday 9/23 and the club was already at capacity with a line outside. We waited about 30-45 min to get in and there was still a line outside when we left.

It's dead, folks.
    (Political Comment Removed)

PI and the AC are DEAD.

Gone. History.

Let it be. Playing with a corpse is a bit spooky.

The place died a decade ago when Disney decided they didn't need to freshen the product ... and yeah, even the AC had become quite stale.

So, I say bring on the Super WalMart or whatever else the Mouse is putting there. So long as it has Mouse ears on it, many will return anyway.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 09-26-2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Please Keep Political Comments In the Debate Lounge

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    It's dead, folks.
    (Political Comment Removed)

PI and the AC are DEAD.

Gone. History.

The place died a decade ago when Disney decided they didn't need to freshen the product ... and yeah, even the AC had become quite stale.

So, I say bring on the Super WalMart or whatever else the Mouse is putting there. So long as it has Mouse ears on it, many will return anyway.
    That sucks about your bank. Makes me more thankful I bank with a small credit union (they're non-profit).

*ahem* Back on topic.

I will be up there that day, but I don't plan on staying out too late because I do NOT like driving I4 in the dark. I'll be up there at noon to meet a friend and hang out for awhile, but I plan on being back home by 8:00 if possible.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 09-26-2008 at 03:16 PM.

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    PI and the AC are DEAD.

Gone. History.

Wow - talk about yer negative Nelly! What's wrong with people getting together and enjoying one last visit to a place that brought them a lot of pleasure over the years? It'll be closed in a few days, but for right now it's still open, and most definitely not dead, gone, history.

But welcome back to the boards anyway, Mikey!

Well, we all just toasted with Kungalooshes here at my house and gave a final salute to the Hooplah that ends tonight... The Kungalooshes were amazing, but the Adventurers Club ambiance was missed. Sleep well Colonel!

"...An Adventurer's Life is Best!"

• Banned User

I have to admit... loosing PI and it's clubs do not pain me that much. I never cared for them at all. Good riddance. However, loosing them to just shopping mall fare is quite disheartening and that is why Disney looses credibility with me as an innovator company.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoston View Post
    My advice to anyone going... go very early!
    We arrived at A.C. around 9pm on Tuesday 9/23 and the club was already at capacity with a line outside. We waited about 30-45 min to get in and there was still a line outside when we left.

Sorry we missed you! We got there around 7:30 or so and the place was packed! But you could still get in. We found Phonedave after Balderdash cup was awarded but where on opposite sides of the main room and well lets just say it was literally wall to wall people in there last night and they where getting crazy. One woman chained herself to Zeus's Leg, there where people climbing up on the Cornel's perch to kiss him goodbye, everything was absoultely crazy and everyone was having a great time.

The only incident was the literal crus of people pushing and shoving trying to get in to the shows, it was a chore to keep my daughter from getting trampled a the wave of bodies where pushng against the few of us who where in front. We saved a seat for PhoneDave and managed to get him as the last guest after all others where turned away, making him both happy to see the show and probaly made him a few enimies out there in the lobby.

I'll post the pictures and (Video) in my tr once we get back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast