Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Talking If you could build your own resort...

Ok so if you were Disney and you were building a site based entertainment complex what exsisting WDW Hotel would you use, and what exsisting WDW Rides would you include.

Please have your respones include-

1 WDW Resort
    1 E-Ticket
    2-3 C & D Tickets
    2 Restaurants

I want to see what cool combos we can come up with!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: If you could build your own resort...

I will go first...

Ok I would use the BoardWalk Resort - why because it is classic, timeless, and ready for fun!

My E-ticket would be the Tower of Terror and I would have it be at the Center of the property... all decked out in turn of the century charm to match the BoardWalk

Other attractions I would include- Mickey's Philharmagic as it would be like taking your family to the Disney Opera theatre, Toy Story Midway Mania as it is midway themed and fits perfectly with the BoardWalk, and Cinderella's Golden Carousel because it is simple and calm.

Restaurants- I would choose the Crystal Palace again, the themeing works perfectly with the BoardWalk and it is a great Character Dinning experience, and The Flying Fish because it is amazing!

• Mostly Harmless.

I would go with the Port Orleans, kind of give it that classic New Orleans Square DL look. Except it actually being part of the park, kind of like the Grand Californian. Of course for the "E" ticket an updated version of PotC would be included (sans the loop that scares the crap out of me). I would actually have to mix it a bit with Splash Mountain, not the characters but the ride platform. Mostly because SM has lost much of the meaning since Song of the South has been long forgoten. With an expanded water front area that would include the Mark Twain ferrying people in and out of the park. Restraunt wise, and in keeping with the theme, I would have to go with the Blue Bayou.

This brings up a question from me, and if it deserves it's own thread someone please feel free, why doesn't Disney put hotels "in" the parks like they did with the Grand Caliornian. I feel that this could work wel, especially with world showcase. Some Parisian rooms with the prefered looking over the showcase lagoon for the fireworks...?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Disneyholic

I would go with the Wilderness Lodge, because quite frankly I think it's the best resort in terms of story behind the theme to explain the various parts of the hotel. I would keep the two table service restaurants more or less the same, I would add a larger counter service area with turkey legs, roasted and bar-b-q chicken and some more upscale fare. At night there would be the hoop-de-doo review in it's own space, and a campfire/bar-b-que program with the characters.

E-ticket would be Big thunder and splash mountains, yes it's cheating but it's my park I want them both! I'd have BTM run around the fire rock geyser. Other attactions: I'd bring in the Country Bears, and the old Diamond Horseshoe review. I'd also add a good old fashioned whip ride in there but with a woody's roundup theme and a much larger more elaborate shooting arcade that would include the town and train from the BTM ride (Hit the train it blows steam as if you hit it for real...) and some comical AA, think a moose with beer cans on his antlers when you hit them all he pops up and then goes down resetting the targets etc.

And just to raise the bar a bit I'd pull in Grizzly river run (after all it's basically Kali river run anyway) and have my own Tom Sawyers Island complete with Keel boats, explorer canoes, caves, Fort, and yes a burning cabin that actually burns.

And a steam train will run around the the entire property...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Theme: a mix of Liberty Square & Main Street, USA

Resort: Saratoga Springs

E Ticket: The Haunted Mansion (Magic Kingdom)

C & D Tickets: The Hall of Presidents, Legend of Sleepy Hollow (a dark ride i made up, think Mr. Toad), Great Moments w/ Lincoln

Restaurants: The Liberty Tree Tavern, The Plaza Inn

• The Voice of the Jungle

I'll go for a more Adventureland feel with:

Resort: Polynesian

E Ticket: Jungle Cruise interactive (yes, guests with guns shooting at plastic animals to gain points while listening to the same tired ol' jokes.)

C and Ds:
    - Swiss Family Treehouse extended (a completely new treehouse that's bigger, has more areas to explore, and be the centerpiece of the area)
    - Indiana Jones Temple Excavations (an indoor interactive fun house style attraction)
    - Jeepers Creepers (ok, not really that great of a name, but I think a jungle jeep ride in the dark with close encounters of several animals would be fun)

Resteraunts:
    - Aloha Isle
    - Rainforest Cafe
    - Adventurer's Club

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_The_Tank View Post
    Legend of Sleepy Hollow (a dark ride i made up, think Mr. Toad)
    According to one source at least, Magic Kingdom, in the planning stages before being built, was originally supposed to have a unique set of rides in Fantasyland, but using track systems similar to the ones they replaced. In the end these rides got tossed out due to cost, and copies of rides at Disneyland were built instead. The rides were:

Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday in place of Peter Pan
    Sleeping Beauty in place of Snow White
    Sleepy Hollow in place of Mr. Toad

Seems someone was thinking the same thoughts as you, about forty years ago
    Down with the Hat

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    Ok so if you were Disney and you were building a site based entertainment complex what exsisting WDW Hotel would you use, and what exsisting WDW Rides would you include.

Please have your respones include-

1 WDW Resort
    1 E-Ticket
    2-3 C & D Tickets
    2 Restaurants

I want to see what cool combos we can come up with!

Polynesian Resort - it's my very favorite resort, in part because I grew up going there every year (and it's so romantic!)

E-Ticket: Pirates of the Caribbean

C/D Tickets - Impressions De France, Jungle Trek, (I'm not sure what tickets those would be!), and I'd bring back If You Had Wings

Everything sort of has a travel theme to it!

Restaurants -

Ohana
    Tusker House

I could go the total opposite way too, and start with the Pop Century (which is so much fun), and have a more frenetic atmosphere.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Awesome peeps! I love all of these differrnt properties!

• World Traveler

1 WDW Resort
    1 E-Ticket
    2-3 C & D Tickets
    2 Restaurants

My choice would be the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think this resort can stand on it's own as a tourist attraction.

Obviously, the Lodge would have a Kilimanjaro Safari ride to see all the animals - although I would mix live and audio animatronic animals here. The other attractions would be "It's tough to be a bug" and a boat ride around the resort used as transportation and attraction at the same time.

The restaurants would be Boma and Flame Tree BBQ ... Yumm.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    1 WDW Resort
    1 E-Ticket
    2-3 C & D Tickets
    2 Restaurants

My choice would be the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think this resort can stand on it's own as a tourist attraction.

Obviously, the Lodge would have a Kilimanjaro Safari ride to see all the animals - although I would mix live and audio animatronic animals here. The other attractions would be "It's tough to be a bug" and a boat ride around the resort used as transportation and attraction at the same time.

The restaurants would be Boma and Flame Tree BBQ ... Yumm.
    I would deff stay there! I HEART BOMA! And the Glowtinis!

Blog Entries

My idea would be to build slightly different versions of everything so that very few things would be like what we see in parks now.

I would build EPCOT 2.0 although take a completely different tact with it. It would be called "Walt Disney's Land of Discovery"

The idea of course would be on edutainment but maybe a bit more on entertainment than the original Epcot but more Education than the current Epcot.

You would enter into the park to a brand new version of Horizons (the one that was planned for Paris I think but never built). The idea would be to focus on mankind's desire to learn and grow and all the various ways we've done it throughout history. This ride would act as the gateway to the rest of the park as the end of the ride would invite you to explore all the facets of man's discovery throughout the rest of the park.

There would be an area of the park exploring the history of the Earth. One of the E-tickets here would be a revamped (and less cartoony) version of Dinosaur from Animal Kingdom. There would also be a C-ticket movie exploring the development of the Earth and mankind's role in her history and future.

There would be an area devoted to scientific discoveries. We would have a more scientific version of Stormchasers from Tokyo as well as a fully realized attraction about the sea with a fully immersive sea lab like Living with the Seas was supposed to be.

There would be an area of the park devoted to ideas of the future. We'd have a version of Carousell of Progress but with an updated futuristic ending, A version of Mission Space that flies us to a space station that actually includes us stepping off the spacecraft and having a fully immersive space station post show.

Finally we'd have a section of the park devoted to the cultures of the world where the main ride would be Soarin over the world, it wouldn't be as big as World Showcase but would be much smaller in nature. We'd have a boat ride that would take us past dioramas of exotic locations and cultures all over the world. Maybe a If You Had Wings version 2.0 idea. This area would also include shopping centers featuring exotic things imported from across the world as well as streetside entertainment from around the world (much like we have in world showcase now).

As for the resorts I'd have two main resorts, one would be a resort that had seperate sections that featured different cultures of the world. One part of the resort could be Latin America, another park Paris, etc... My second resort would be an "underwater" resort. It would be built so that every room would appear as though it were actually underwater and have windows that looked into an aquarium.

As for restaurants, we'd have some nice upscale restaurants in the world showcase portion (Italian, Mexican, etc...) For counter service one of the areas would have the counter service section from the Land pavilion.

So that's my ideas in a nutshell. I haven't really given a whole lot of real thought to the idea more than that as far as the best way to pull it all together, but its an idea of what I'd love to see in a resort. I think it would be too expensive to really build but I think something like that would be lots of fun for me at least.

Oops, just realized you were asking for a SBL idea not a whole park. Well I won't erase my whole park idea, but I'll come up with a SBL idea later.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

KCNole I look forward to your SBL idea, but your park idea was pretty nifty!

• Banned User

Well, I can't choose from pre-built ideas. So I created my own!

Hotel: A new Upscale, Art Deco style hotel with a decidedly Hollywood look and themed facades surrounding it, like the ones in DCA in Hollywood Pictures Backlot. The Pool is a large free-form pool with a art deco buildings around it that house the pool bar and changing rooms. A Waterslide goes through a replica of the Hollywood Hills, with the slide ending by plunging through the second O in Hollywood.

Ride: Obviously, It's going to be a Tower of Terror (WDW's ride with DCA's look), with a few enhancements. You start out walking through an overgrown garden like WDW's, but this time weaving through abandoned greenhouses, around an empty "grotto" pool area with dry waterfalls, overturned beach chairs, and dead palm trees surrounding the empty pool, and enter through the side, passing the set of locked doors that guard the main lobby.

You enter through a side door for Bellhops, which would be located next to the fireplace opposite the library. The next portion, with the library and boiler room, would be the same as DCA's, but the door to the Boiler Room would now be a bookshelf with books that hinges outward revealing the boiler room. The ride however, is much different.

The Fifth Dimension room is now a trip through the abandoned ballroom where the party took place in 1939. This portion is much like the Haunted Mansion ballroom sequence, but much more realistic. Midway through the ballroom, your elevator turns and faces the way you came, as you continue backwards to the elevator shaft. Your elevator stops in the shaft, and lightening strikes the hotel, causing the ballroom occupants to disappear and your elevator to shake. The five ghosts seen in the video in the library then appear, fading in and beckoning for you to come and join them. The elevator begins to shake, a snapping noise is heard, and the elevator plummets a few floors before rising to the top of the tower. The ghosts appear for a split second, smiling as if they caused it, and your elevator begins the drop sequence.

The finale of the ride features your elevator falling from the top to the very bottom with a crash noise, and the doors open, revealing the mirror trick that DCA has, showing yourself as a ghost. You then back away from the mirror, and your images slowly become human as you turn around and encounter the doors where you unload.

You do not exit through a gift shop, you instead exit into a large soundstage, similar to Studio 1 at Walt Disney Studios Paris, with a wider array of shopping and dining opportunities; along with two other "family" attractions.

D and C tickets: The two other attractions are a new Monsters Inc. style dark ride, themed to a tour through Toontown Studios with Goofy as your tour guide; and a new version of Muppet-Vision 3D, following the Muppets' attempt to make a new Pigs in Space film with modern day technology.

Dining: A copy of the Hollywood Brown Derby from DHS, and a new food court-style eatery with sections for various foods, each section themed to a different Hollywood landmark, similar to the former Hollywood and Dine from DCA.

Shopping: Essentially an indoor Hollywood Boulevard from DHS, multiple shops with classic Hollywood facades and specific merchandise line the street. Individual shops themed to Disney Channel, The Muppets, Mickey and Friends, Villains, Upscale Disney, Girls (Princesses, Fairies), Boys (Power Rangers, Stitch, Cars, Buzz Lightyear), Pirates, Pooh, Disney Art (Artist Pallete shaped, with paint brushes as support columns and a plush gallery with red fabric walls and gold trim), Disney Collectibles (Disney Studio themed, with glass cases lining the walls with assorted figures and pins inside of them and a large marquee with big figures line on top of it), Walt Disney Studios (carrying merchandise similar to the Studio Collection and various housewares), and Hollywood in general with a Disney flair are all present, each carrying merchandise pertaining to their theme.
    Last edited by stitchon; 10-03-2008 at 01:16 PM.

• Oo-de-lally

I have never been to WDW so I will use DLR hotels, restaurants, rides, ETC.

Theme: I would like to theme my resort to look like New Orleans Square.

Hotel: I really love The Grand Californian Hotel at DLR. I would want my hotel to be built like that except to have a more Victorian / New Orleans theme to it. I would have different Jazz bands playing in the lobby, pool area, and restaurants through out the day. I would have them re-create the court of angels from Disneyland some where in the hotel. I would also re-create 4 or 5 Haunted Mansions that you could stay in over night. They would be a little pricy I'm sure but for all those people who have always wanted to sleep in the mansion this would be amazing. The decor inside would be just like the ride. It would be great.

Attractions: I would keep all the rides from NOS. I would build a bigger version of the Haunted Mansion but make it a little darker and scary. I would also add a bigger drop to POTC. I would keep the Blue Bayou in the ride as well. I would also make a New Orleans style coaster with the theme of Mardi Gras. I would make it like California Screamin but with fast Jazz music playing through the speakers.

Restaurants: I already mentioned keeping the Blue Bayou in the POTC ride. I would also bring Cafe Orleans from Disneyland to my hotel but make it much bigger. I would still have the option for indoor/outdoor seating but I would have a bigger menu selection and a Jazz band playing in an outdoor stage. I would also bring Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen from Anaheim’s down town Disney to my hotel.
    Last edited by Craigroy8287; 09-25-2008 at 03:09 PM.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast