Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Would you want to be DL or WDW in 2005?

I have to say that the premiere Disney park complex is WDW. There is no question that when one adds up all the varying attractions, WDW is Mecca to the Disney-aholic.

But in 2005, WDW seems to be the "ugly-step-child." Disneyland Resort is getting two new attractions, Nemo Subs for Disneyland and Monsters Inc for DCA.

Where are the new attractions for WDW? Of Course, the big news is Everest. That will be a great ride. But what about the rest of the parks? MK is getting Pooh's Play area, but does anyone care over 4 years old? Nothing for Epcot. Nothing for DMGM. As we saw for Everest, it takes time to get a new attraction up and running. You have to start building now to get anything major on line in two years.

If I were to choose, right now, Disneyland is were the action is. WDW seems to be left out in the cold.

Do you agree?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Would you want to be DL or WDW in 2005?

1) Ummm... don't you mean 2006?
    2) Once all the 50th hoopla is over (or near the end), I'd expect the WDC to announce plans for Epcot's 25th (October 2007).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• In Technicolor!

Choose?!? Luckily, I don't have to!!
    WDW - March 2005
    DL - October 2005

Yipee!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I have to say that the premiere Disney park complex is WDW. There is no question that when one adds up all the varying attractions, WDW is Mecca to the Disney-aholic.

But in 2005, WDW seems to be the "ugly-step-child." Disneyland Resort is getting two new attractions, Nemo Subs for Disneyland and Monsters Inc for DCA.

Where are the new attractions for WDW? Of Course, the big news is Everest. That will be a great ride. But what about the rest of the parks? MK is getting Pooh's Play area, but does anyone care over 4 years old? Nothing for Epcot. Nothing for DMGM. As we saw for Everest, it takes time to get a new attraction up and running. You have to start building now to get anything major on line in two years.

If I were to choose, right now, Disneyland is were the action is. WDW seems to be left out in the cold.

Do you agree?
    No, I do not. Just I'm a HUGE fan of Disneyland and hold it near and dear to my heart but that does NOT mean that WDW is getting the nothing here in the next few years. DLR is getting new attractions to replace one that was a huge mistake over in DCA and another that was taken out and never replaced. Disneyland got a lot of new things for the anniversary and rightly so.. it IS DisneyLAND's anniversary; however, the other parks got their added suprises also.

After the 50th celebration Soarin' should be getting at new film, which will most likely link up with it's anniversary celebration too. Meanwhile The Living Seas Pavillion is being completely redone just as The Land was redone before Soarin' was placed inside. Soarin' is the most popular attraction at the WDW resort right now... so they will definately be keeping that thing up to par over here.

Yes, the Magic Kingdom is getting a Pooh play area but it will also serve as a character meet and greet area that guests of all ages and experience. The Wishes night show is getting a Halloween twist added to it called Hallowishes this year also. That should be fun to see.

Animal Kingdom is growing with the new E-ticket EE that should be amazing. I think that will give that park a lot of spring for a while after it is opened before guests will need something else new in the park.

The Disney-MGM Studios is simply getting the new version of the Star Tours attraction. But chances are it will link up with Star Wars Weekends and it will be a huge event that won't just be glanced over. The Tower of Terror version will also be upgraded to the next stage soon. The Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt show that came from Disneyland Paris as a part of the celebration makes many of us question having two stunt shows (LMA and Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular) in one park. After the celebration rumor has it one will close to make way for a new attraction. But like I said, that is only speculation at this point.

So no, I disagree. Walt Disney World is still looking to hire Matt Ouimet as master painter last I heard, but other than that the resort is doing okay and growing just fine.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    The Disney-MGM Studios is simply getting the new version of the Star Tours attraction.
    That is just a rumor. (Now, the fact that this rumor was started by George Lucas makes it very likely to happen, but like everything, until it's officially announced, everything is subject to change.

But chances are it will link up with Star Wars Weekends and it will be a huge event that won't just be glanced over.
    This year was supposed to have been the last SWW. I really hope they have more though. This year was the first year I went and although I missed about 95% of the activities, I did catch the final show (the celebration that happens at the end of the day). Let me say that it was so much fun. Are they thinking about having more?

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

All things considered, WDW is definetly not left out in the dark. One thing you need to remember is that Disneyland is a park that relies heavily on local visitors and guests from around the southern and maybe northern parts of California. While much of WDW's guest population is local and cast members, WDW relies much on national tourism. With the new attractions last year and the year before, WDW will still seem new and different to the average family who saves up four years to visit Disney World. The Walt Disney World attractions have added new life to the four theme parks. Expedition Everest will be very awesome, Soarin' is the most popular attraction at WDW, and Lights, Motors, Action doesn't fail to impress. WDW is doing all right. I haven't heard many complaints from the guests I talk to.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Former Epcot CM

Yeah, so there
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

It seems to me both resorts have gotten/are going to get/are currently getting a lot of new and interesting things. It's an exciting time as there's growth on both coasts.

Luckily I got to visit BOTH DL and WDW in 2005.

well i had a choice between the two, for this oct. and i chose DL simply for the 50th. if i only go to DL once this would be the best time i suspect. but i love wdw
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• Banned User

Don't forget that we are the one and only original DL, so it would be entirely fair for us to have the best, as walt put it " There will never be a clone of DL, DL is its own and will continue to grow!" so there, i personally love DLR< because this is the park Walt had built/walked on/ lived in, so I wouldn't mind if DL got like 5 new attractions in the next few years and WDW only has 2!!!! But idk, i haven't been to WDW in over 8 years, and that was only DMGM(which was small back then and i think still is now!), so forgive me if i critized you Florida natives, while we enjoy the original DL, the original Walt Disney Studios, and the original WDI(its only a few blocks from my house!) and the original(idk) St. Joseph's Hospital where Walt passed away!.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    Don't forget that we are the one and only original DL
    But don't forget that we are the one and only Walt Disney World. (and by we, I mean anyone who goes to WDW more than DL)

-Michael

• Banned User

yeah, but did Walt ever walk the st. of WDW, no!! he walked on the dirt/grass of WDW, so ha, we(as in us CAers and burbankers) are more important than you(you WDW ppl) you should consider yourself lucky that i even read this thread, we are in the top!!!! bow down to us DLRers!!!!!
    Last edited by FI183; 09-03-2005 at 12:33 PM.

• Banned User

hmm... Walt might not have got a chance to walk the park... but he did go ahead and approve it and design the beginings of it.. (Roy finnished it.. but Walt gets more credit..)

WDW got many attractions in 05.. So DL gets it's share in 06.. then whatever happends happends..

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    yeah, but did Walt ever walk the st. of WDW, no!! he walked on the dirt/grass of WDW, so ha, we(as in us CAers and burbankers) are more important than you(you WDW ppl) you should consider yourself lucky that i even read this thread, we are in the top!!!! bow down to us DLRers!!!!!
    Hey, hey! Play nice. Disneyland is my "home" park but I'm also quite optimistic. I'm just looking at it in that light. I'm usually like most of you and don't know much about WDW vs. DL. But since I've been down here for a while I've been looking at things in a new light. We aren't comparing just the two Magic Kingdom parks here, it is the entire resort and what is or is not on its plate for the upcoming year.

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    That is just a rumor. (Now, the fact that this rumor was started by George Lucas makes it very likely to happen, but like everything, until it's officially announced, everything is subject to change.
    My sources say more than just a rumor.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Does anyone else see this as a debate that will never be solved, a la Kirk vs. Picard, or Joel vs. Mike? Some people prefer one to the other...but to be fair. I think WDW is going through a slow phase after adding so much (Soarin', etc.) I think we'll see things pick up soon. And at least it's not like we have NOTHING to look forward to..with the new Living Seas and EE coming.

I know I'm excited.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast