Question MYW package question

I am going to WDW in November, and got a great deal on a room at Pop Century along with a 6 day park hopper MYW ticket through a discount code (code DGL). So, basically, I paid one set rate for both my room and theme park ticket (just like any other MYW package, but at a good discount).

Now I'm thinking about upgrading my theme park ticket to an AP when I arrive. My question is -- will I lose my discount on my package if I do this when I arrive at my first theme park after checking in (since the package required theme park tickets and the room)? IE... even though I am "paid in full" right now, will I get a bill from the hotel for the difference?

Or, will I not get a credit for the "full value" of the theme park ticket to make up for the discounted package?

Or will I simply get the full $275 value of my ticket applied to my AP and I will still get my discount from the package?

Just confused about what will happen when I arrive if I decide to upgrade to that AP.
    Last edited by skierrob; 09-28-2008 at 06:12 PM.

• Can't get enough!

Re: MYW package question

I don't think this would be a problem. We have upgraded tickets we bought from Orlando Fun Tickets with out any problems. I believe when they have packages the discount is on the rooms not the tickets. I could be wrong on all this but that's just been our experience.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by skierrob View Post
    I am going to WDW in November, and got a great deal on a room at Pleasure Island
    What? Pleasure Island isn't a hotel.

Whoops... fixed to say Pop Century.

Guess I was reading too much about Pleasure Island last night! :P

Quote Originally Posted by skierrob View Post
    I am going to WDW in November, and got a great deal on a room at Pop Century along with a 6 day park hopper MYW ticket through a discount code (code DGL). So, basically, I paid one set rate for both my room and theme park ticket (just like any other MYW package, but at a good discount).

Now I'm thinking about upgrading my theme park ticket to an AP when I arrive. My question is -- will I lose my discount on my package if I do this when I arrive at my first theme park after checking in (since the package required theme park tickets and the room)? IE... even though I am "paid in full" right now, will I get a bill from the hotel for the difference?

Or, will I not get a credit for the "full value" of the theme park ticket to make up for the discounted package?

Or will I simply get the full $275 value of my ticket applied to my AP and I will still get my discount from the package?

Just confused about what will happen when I arrive if I decide to upgrade to that AP.
    You'll have no problem doing the upgrade.

Once you check-in at your resort, your tickets become totaly separate from your resort reservation, and you can do anything with them that you like.

You will get full credit for what you already paid for the ticket, and that credit will go towards the price of the AP. In other words, if the AP costs $469, and you already paid $275 for the ticket as part of your package, then you'll have to pay only $194 to upgrade to an AP.

There can't possibly be anything on your hotel bill from this transaction, because, as I said, once you check-in, your ticket and your resort stay become separate entities.

As I think you already know (judging by what you wrote), you will need to do the upgrade at a theme park, water park, or Guest Services window at Downtown Disney ... although the resorts can handle ticket purchases and ticket upgrades, they can't handle APs or anything like that.

So to repeat ... go ahead and do the upgrade, and your package discount will be totally unaffected by this.