Urgent information needed on the polynesian

hi everyone! I'm new here! I just wondered if you could help me, I live in England and I'm going to Walt Disney World in a few months and staying at the polynesian, and I've read all your tips on if your staying at poly you can reserve a type of room a few months before. Me and my family really want to stay in one of the newly refurbished rooms you know the ones with the 32 inch plasma tv, so does any one know/have the refurbishment Schedule for the longhouses or know a website where I can find that information? so that I know the longhouses that would be refurbished when we get there. Thanks very much!

Re: Urgent information needed on the polynesian

Some recommended me a really good site that had the info but its gone down for a long time!

• Quality not quantity

I'm just curious, and please don't take this as a dig/slight/criticism/etc...

Why do you care about the TV in your room? I know when we stayed at the Poly it was only for quicker/easier access to the parks. By the time we made it back to the room it was time to sleep. As soon as we got up it was time to take off again...

We asked for Rapa Nui at the far end of the resort. From there it’s about a 2min walk to the transportation center and easy access to all monorails, busses, ships, etc…
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner
    I'm just curious, and please don't take this as a dig/slight/criticism/etc...

Why do you care about the TV in your room? I know when we stayed at the Poly it was only for quicker/easier access to the parks. By the time we made it back to the room it was time to sleep. As soon as we got up it was time to take off again...

We asked for Rapa Nui at the far end of the resort. From there it’s about a 2min walk to the transportation center and easy access to all monorails, busses, ships, etc…
    I think it's more along the lines that (s)he want's a refurbished room, and Is using the TV as a way of distinguishing them from the rest. I know I would want a refurbished room over non refurbished, even if I'm only going to sleep\stay up all night on MiceChat.

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    I think it's more along the lines that (s)he want's a refurbished room, and Is using the TV as a way of distinguishing them from the rest. I know I would want a refurbished room over non refurbished, even if I'm only going to sleep\stay up all night on MiceChat.
    I can't imagine anyone would stay at the Poly only to sleep. At the risk of starting a flame war, I would call that very stupid. The resort is wonderful and is a destination in itself. If all you want is a room to sleep, I would advise a stay at the Pop Century or even a location in LBV just off Disney property ... they won't set you back $300-400 a night like the Poly will.

I walked through it last week and the renovations just started. Disney doesn't like giving this info to the general public because the difference between rehabbed rooms and old ones is usually like staying at two different hotels.

Also, I don't believe the Poly is getting plasma screens. I think they are LCD, flat screens, which are similar.

My advice would be to call to the resort front desk itself and ask about the cosntruction. Calling the Disney Reservation Center and expecting that kind of info is a waste of your time.

Also, Deb Wills' site ... wdwig.com usually has updates on the resorts.

If the original poster is going in a few months, it's my best guess that about two buildings will be finished.

Thanks for the feedback! and you were right about the tv thing, drnilescrane! i just didnt know how you would know what sort of room I was talking about! (i dont want the tv) And a question to wdw1974, do you mean call the polynesian directly, not callwalt disney world? does any 1 know where I could get the number from!

thanks I've found the information i needed