Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 08

I just attended Oct 2nd's MNSSHP at the MK. An enjoyable time was had by all. The party was not very heavily attended but the park was not empty either. The extra decor and lighting effects all over the MK are a nice touch and add elegance and a splash of color to the park. The trick or treating was fun and plentiful, and without restrictions... you too can walk away with tons of candy in those plastic bags they so kindly hand out when you arrive at the party. As always.. the "Boo to You" parade was enjoyable, and so were the "HalloWishes" fireworks presentations. The Villains Meet and Mingle at the castle lasts approximately 5 mins on the stage and then guests have the chance to have close encounters and photo ops with them after the brief show. In fact, there are plenty of chances to have your photo taken with the characters in their halloween costumes, and Mickey and Minnie had the longest lines for photo ops over in Toontown's Fair.
    Still.. there is this nagging feeling that the party could offer so much more. Sadly, this year's party did not offer anything that we have seen before and considering the not-so-cheap price of admission, it is a bit disheartening. Bar the photo ops, park's mood lighting, a couple of DJ'ed dance parties and trick or treat chances, it all boils down to paying a lot of money just to see a different fireworks show and parade from what the day guests get to see. Oh yes.. In regards to day guests... I still did see a few daytime guests hanging around long after the party had started at 7pm. The fireworks started at 9:30pm and some folks ahead of us did NOT have the obligatory orange wristband we all had to wear.. which begs the question ... How effective are the park sweeps CMs perform to weed out those who did not pay the extra fee to enjoy the festivities? Mind you, I did see some CM's doing their best trying to get day guests to head to the door, but even then, I feel their efforts are not enough to make sure the day guests depart soon after the daytime hours have ended.

Anyways... the party did afford plenty of photographic chances and here are some selected pictures from my personal collection of my evening at the Mickey's Not-so-scary Halloween Party, which has a very scary entry price attached to it. Hope you enjoy the pics..

Arriving at the MK...

CM's modeling the new Halloween Party costumes for this year.

"Scream Along with Mickey" show ends..

The party mood starts to set in...

The Headless Horseman makes an appearance..

"Boo to You" parade begins and offer highlights such as the hitchhiking ghosts, Jack Sparrow, Capt. Hook and Goofy's Candy Factory... among other lesser known scenes like Brokeback Mountain Halloween featuring Clara Cloak and her cowBOYS dancers..

Maleficent reigns supreme during the Villains Meet and Mingle show at the Castle Stage.

"HalloWishes" light up the sky. But NO witch goes down the wire as in previous years...

Everyone loves the perimeter pyro finale of "HalloWishes"...

Alice In Wonderland trick or treat area behind Tomorrowland Speedway.

The Hub.

Flying ghosts, bats and witches could be seen over Main Street USA from time to time. The light show on the Main Street facades is very simple but enjoyable to watch.

WE say "good night" to the MK and go home to eat are candy.

TDLFAN rates the entire Party experience a B- so go check it out if you are willing to dish up the extra $$.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 10-04-2008 at 04:52 AM.

• Banned User

Re: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 08

We loved it enough to go twice during our 5 days there. I thought the extra money was worth having an extra 5 hours to spend in there. Looks like you had fun and thank you for the report!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Awsome pictures!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFan
    "HalloWishes" light up the sky. But NO witch goes down the wire as in previous years...
    The witch was never actually a part of the current HalloWishes Show. She made her last flight in 2004 for Halloween Fantasy in the Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• World Traveler

How wonderful. Thanks for the photos! Did TDLFAN go in costume????

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    How wonderful. Thanks for the photos! Did TDLFAN go in costume????
    Yes, I was dressed as a Micechatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail
    The witch was never actually a part of the current HalloWishes Show. She made her last flight in 2004 for Halloween Fantasy in the Sky.
    I have known that fact forever, but I still miss the flying witch from the old show. That is one thing I have always criticized about hallowishes, even if it a neat show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draybook
    We loved it enough to go twice during our 5 days there. I thought the extra money was worth having an extra 5 hours to spend in there. Looks like you had fun and thank you for the report!
    I know where you are coming from, and yes, I did have fun. You see, I am torn because I really do not want to put the party down in any way.
    But I am also in the most horrible position of being able to visit the other Disney parks internationally often enough to see what they do for Halloween at regular ticket prices for daytime guests, and I see what the MK does, and tragically... I get to compare. Sadly, I've come to realize that the offerings at the MK, while very nice, are minimal when taken in consideration the extra admission media guests are forced to pay for to enjoy this party. The other parks (Tokyo, Hong Kong, Paris) are offering more entertainment and theming for their halloween to daytime guests at regular prices...well into the night time, so why does the MK have to charge for this? Mind you, I am very happy that some people like yourself enjoy these offerings enough to justify the extra money spent to enjoy an additional 5 hours of entertainment at the park.. but would you like it if it had been offered as an added incentive during your visit, rather than a hard-ticket event that many will not get to enjoy?
    As much as you enjoyed the event, I would prefer you didn't say that too loud.. and would hope for many others to argue with Disney about this issue. The more they hear how much people enjoy paying for this party (or Xmas'), the more clout they will have to keep charging for this event.. Mind you. I would gladly pay for it yearly, but my problem right now is.. the price of admission to MNSSHP has become way too much for what the parties really offer. Seems to me that charging about $34.99 is a fair price... but NOT $50+ charges. See my point?

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

The party looks like a lot of fun. We have been to the Pirates and Princess Party in January and it was great, so I think that the Halloween Party is also fantastic.

• Banned User

Please, do not ask me my opinion of the "Princess and Pirates" party. About that, I can only say the pyro show is great. Do the Halloween party.. as it is much better. The Xmas Party... it's OK but then again... like all of these MK parties.. they are overpriced.

In case anyone cares... I have posted some Halloween event pics from TDL here:
    TDL's "Disney's Halloween 2008"
    ..but it rained that day and all of the scheduled entertainment was cancelled.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 10-04-2008 at 09:44 AM.

• Delawarean Girl

I heard that the The Headless Horseman comes out in the night parade. That is so awesome and the horse is exactly how guests decribe him/her too. This is just my first time seeing The Headless Horseman so close up.

• Banned User

The Headless Horseman comes out as a pre-show to the parade. He is not part of the parade perse..

Nice pics, thanks! I also had never actually seen a good picture of the Headless Horseman. Never even knew there was a witch in with the fireworks before either.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Now, did you happen to take pictures of any of the cards passing out candy on the Wonderland Trail?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks for the great pictures. I would like to get to attend this event at least one time in my life. Perhaps next year.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    Now, did you happen to take pictures of any of the cards passing out candy on the Wonderland Trail?

The only one we have but you get the idea.

• Banned User

Sadly, I was too busy collecting candy so I did not take a picture of the Cast in card costumes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast