Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

MCer's and Park Hopping, what more do you need? :)

C and I hopped in the car for a fun filled day at Disney World, excited to see some old friends and meeting new ones.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took today, please visit HERE.

We arrived at MK and parked in the Pluto lot, we got there just as the park opened.

The crowds were lighter than normal, which is nice and we grabbed the monorail as it was pulling in the station.

The Food and Wine Festival was tempting me but I resisted..

We arrived to MK and all it's Halloween goodness, C wanted to take the train so we ran upstairs and got right on.

We arrived in Frontierland to no people! Big Thunder Mountain had a 5 minute wait, sadly C still doesn't want to ride it. LOL

So we headed over to Mansion instead.

Just as we were rounding the corner I look over and see Davy Crockett Donald? Very cool!

What? There's NO line for Mansion, I LOVE IT!

I've been trying to self teach myself how to use a camera, I've never considered myself to be a pro but I do want to take "better" photos so after reading a few books at home I thought I would put my low light learning skills to the test. It's not the greatest but definitely an improvement. LOL

After, C and I headed over to Fantasyland and C wanted to ride Peter Pan, only a 20 minute wait? But of course!

Next we went on its a small world where I tried more tests, for every 10 photos maybe 1 was good but hey, it's still 1.

Now this shot I've been trying to get FOREVER and I'm so happy it turned out.

Next we went on the Carousel, I opted for the sitting car while C went on a horse because let's face it I don't want to 101 a horse.

Then we visited Snow White and went on a Scary Adventure.

It was about that time I received a phone call from fellow Mice Chatter Jerren, so C and I headed over to Adventureland to meet up with him and his family.

As we arrived, the Pirate Tutorial was just starting. Captain Jack *sighs*, luckily Jerren's wife had the same idea.

When it was time to pick some participants, C threw her hand in the air and got chosen to learn how to fight like a pirate. ARRRRR! So being the mom I am I snapped some video.

Already in the pirate mood, we went on the attraction, sadly we had to leave right after because I was meeting another Mice Chatter at AK.

It was wonderful seeing you again Jerren and spending a little time with your lovely family, it just wasn't enough time, you really are good people.

Getting the car and driving over to AK, we had a little wait for a tram but it wasn't busy so C opted for a fake nap.

Shortly after this photo however, she got yelled at over the intercom for laying down.

I love how immersive Animal Kingdom is, I know I always say it but it's just so true, it takes us a good 30 minutes just to get from the front gate to the bridge to see the Tree of Life. I always see something new in park, everytime I go.

This bird wasn't happy I was taking their photo though, he kept snapping his beak at me every time I'd zoom in, maybe he thought it was another bird or something. LOL

The other one was nice though, he was posing really nicely for me.

We wandered around quite a bit and took the trail that gets close to the Tree of Life. I like this spot, no people and the shot is just wonderful.

It's also a great place to zone in on the tree.

It was then I got a call from Stitchy, apparently she was having some trouble locating the bats for her daughter, so we met up in front of the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Sadly I don't have any photos, we were too busy chatting away! Was such a great time though!

They wanted to go on Everest and had some extra Fast passes, unfortunately the CM said her daughter was too short so it was just Stitchy, C and I. Now C wasn't going to ride but then I jokingly said, "I'll give you $1 if you'll go." Who knew that would work? Then Stitchy's hubby said, "I'll give you two more when you get off if you'll do it." Well, what kid doesn't like money?

She spent the majority of the ride burying her face in my side but she got that $3!

*Disclaimer: For the record she got off saying she liked it and that it wasn't as bad as she thought.

Then we all headed over to the Safari and a lot of the animals were either hiding or sleeping, not the best time of day to ride that attraction. I was happy to find out that they had switched to bench seats. (Was that mentioned here?) I was very happy they got rid of the seat belts.

Who knew giraffe's sat down?

After it was time to say goodbye as they had plans for MNSSHP but I had the best time hanging out with you Stitchy. We had so much to talk about it was nice to finally meet you in person after all these years.

I'm constantly amazed at the people I meet on this board, always so friendly and each of you are unique and special in your own way. Thanks for giving me a place to share my love of Disney with you, it's always a fun time, every trip.

The End

• World Traveler

Re: MCer's and Park Hopping, what more do you need? :)

What a wonderful way to spend a day! No lines at the Magic Kingdom with friends! Thanks for the great report and pics, Summer!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Awesome trip report! Very cute!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Why can't you tune a fish

Oh sure, go and visit AFTER I leave. Yeah, I see how this works

And when were there seat belts on the Safari. Maybe I am going insane, but I dont remember any.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Banned User

Thanks for the photos Summer. Hopefully I will get to see you again in a couple of weekends! And to answer your question up above.. I could use a "pay increase".

• Never give in.

Yay! Stitchy finally got to meet you!
    Awesome TR!
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Gr8 pics Summer. And just WOW, it looked like you had the place to yourselves!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Oh sure, go and visit AFTER I leave. Yeah, I see how this works

And when were there seat belts on the Safari. Maybe I am going insane, but I dont remember any.

-dave
    I remember the seat belts, mainly because I always had a hard time buckling them because of my big booty.

• Banned User

Man I hope the park is empty like that when I go!! And Stitchy, what a great gal!! Nice pics .

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great report Summer. I must admit, I love AK too.

• Damn Good Burger!

Nice report Summer. Although it's nearly two years away, I can't wait to see the park in person.

•   
    • Shenanigans.

Nice report. You make me want to go back to WDW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Great TR. Nice bird shots BTW.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

MCer's and Park Hopping, what more do you need?
    Wonderpup!

•   
    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Yeah Summer, we can always use more wonderpup!
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast