WDW in just two weeks - quick question

I will be heading to WDW in just two weeks. unfortunately we will only have two days (friday the 17th and saturday the 18th)

We want to visit all of the parks (we've been many times before)

here is our plan.

Friday - MGM in morning, AK from 2:30 till close.
    Saturday - MK early morning, epcot from lunch till close.

Does this sound like a good plan based on our limited time? we will arrive at least thirty minutes before opening.

Also, does anyone know if the sound issues they were having on tower of terror were ever resolved?

oh and what should I expect in terms of crowds?

thanks!

• Banned User

Re: WDW in just two weeks - quick question

For the record.. that was three questions. Not a quick one.

1) Sounds like an OK plan to me. Not sure you will get done much in any of the parks, but like you said, you have been there before. At MGM, I suggest you ride Toy Story Mania ASAP in the morning and grab a FP for it in case you want to repeat it later. Other than that... same old.
    2) I was not awared of any sound issues with TOT so I can't answer that, but the last times I have ridden it, I have not noticed anything different or low quality in regards to the sound system.
    3) the crowds have been a bit slow lately but not sure if that will be the case when you get here.. Usually saturdays tend to get a bit crowded due to the AP holder factor. Friday evenings.. well, people arriving in town for the weekend, usually visit the parks in the late afternoon and evening after they arrive here. Good luck.

As a local and former cast member I would suggest 2 changes. First of all, swap the days. Epcot on Saturday night will be packed, as it was this last Saturday, with locals because of Food and Wine. Next I would go to Animal Kingdom first in the morning because that is when you will see the most animal activity. My 2 cents. Good luck.
    Rick

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I agree with the above, especially swapping DAK and DHS, AK is best first thing in the morning and you can finish the majority of the stuff there by noon. Either way I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time, even rushed WDW is always such a good time.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Animal Kingdom is just too beautiful during the morning hours NOT to miss it.

AK really is the best option for a morning "quickie"

Epcot & the Magic Kingdom are both beyond beautiful at night so I would have them as 2 options for night ending experiences.

MGM really could be skipped or... or...

you could enter MGM right when it opens, do Toy Story ride, get out, take the ferry boats across to Epcot, hit the monorail. take it to the Magic Kingdom, maybe stop in on a resort hotel like the Grand Floridian, maybe catch a wedding happening on property and then enjoy Magic Kingdom the rest of the night.

That's how I'd take in the parks in 2 days.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

ok thanks for all of the help everybody.

I apologize if my title was a bit misleading...

I kinda like the idea of AK in the morning. How would crowds be at MGM if we arrived at about 1:00 in the afternoon? It will be a friday so I am a bit concerned about that. Would we still be able to get fastpasses for rides like TOT and RNR? Would the lines be awful, or does MGM kinda clear out as the day goes on because it is only a half day park?

one last thing. It is looking like we may be able to fit an extra day into our trip. Half of our family wants to go to typhoon laggon because temperatures will be in the mid 80's, and the other half wants to go to universal. we have never been to typhoon lagoon, so I was wondering if it is worth visiting?

thanks a bunch!

I'm sure all of these questions get annoying, but like you guys, I want my trip to be perfect.
    Last edited by Scottk; 10-09-2008 at 05:18 PM.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Arriving at Hollywood Studios aka MGM around 1pm is and will be filled with people most likely enjoying the big thrill rides aka Rockin Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania ride meaning if you try to ride these your wait time could be in the hour+ range and if you try to get fast passes for them you may have to come back in a matter of a few hours to zip through the line. I don't see what the point is arriving midway through the day but if that's your only option you can just enter the park, check out the big thrill rides wait times and then just see if you want to wait for them.

I just don't see myself in a 3 day crunch like yourself waiting for those 3 rides in long long lines. I'd just arrive early on the day you plan on hitting epcot like the day I suggested and that way you can hit all three thrill rides back to back and then leave to go to Epcot.

I've never had an interest going to a water park, even if Disney created it so I can't help you with the lagoon question. I usually always skip the water parks every trip. I'd rather do Universal Studios. Most likely you have a water park of some kind near you but there's only 2 Universal Studio theme parks in the country and I'd rather spend more time there versus a water park but again that's just my 2 cents
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

^ oh I really like that idea.

I think this is going to be our new plan.

Friday (17th) . Animal Kingdom in morning. Arrive at Magic Kingdom between 1:00 - 2:00. This is perfect because we can also catch the fireworks at the magic kingdom. If we arrive at 1-2 p.m. we wouldnt have too many problems getting fastpasses would we?

Saturday - MGM in morning. get on three rides, get the hell out. Epcot for the remainder of the day...

that is going to be our plan. I might switch the days around though.

thanks for the help!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scottk View Post
    I will be heading to WDW in just two weeks. unfortunately we will only have two days (friday the 17th and saturday the 18th)

We want to visit all of the parks (we've been many times before)

here is our plan.

Friday - MGM in morning, AK from 2:30 till close.
    Saturday - MK early morning, epcot from lunch till close.

Does this sound like a good plan based on our limited time? we will arrive at least thirty minutes before opening.

Also, does anyone know if the sound issues they were having on tower of terror were ever resolved?

oh and what should I expect in terms of crowds?

thanks!
    FYI - That is right in the middle of the MiceChat Invasion. We'll be at Animal Kingdom on that Friday and we have our Gumball Rally on Saturday. If you wanted to see all 4 parks in one day, the Gumball Rally might be a fun way to do it, but you wouldn't have any control over which rides you would be sent to. Give it some thought. If you are interested in meeting the other Chatters during your two days at the resort, check out this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ober-08-a.html

Here's our schedule for Friday and Saturday. I've thrown Sunday in just in case you can squeeze in an extra day.

Official Meet Schedule:

Oct 17th - Animal Kingdom - Meet at 12:30 at the little
    courtyard across from the Tusker House and next to the bathrooms followed by lunch at Yak and Yeti and then an exploration of the Majaharaja Jungle Trek.

18th - Gumball Rally Day - 9:30 am -
    We'll check in and prepare the teams at the
    Electric Umbrella Restaurant at Epcot (we'll try to meet inside in the round room that overlooks the fountain - but if the inside is locked we'll use the covered patio outside). Your finish destination will be given to you on game day. The event will finish between 8 and 9pm (we don't want to give away too much right now)

19th (Day) - Epcot - Sip and Nibble Day - 10:30 am -
    Electric Umbrella Restaurant at Epcot (we'll try to meet inside in the round room that overlooks the fountain - but if the inside is locked we'll be on the covered patio outside).

19th (Night) - Epcot - Dessert Party and Illuminations Viewing - 8:15 pm
    - China Overlook of the World Showcase Lagoon (The actual event is 8:30 to 9:30 but we'll hand out the wrist bands at 8:15 and chat until they let us into the area)

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

I would suggest you try Dustysage's offer ScottK. Those boys from CA are so lovable...

^^ I really appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, we are a family travelling with several young children ages 8-11. I'm not sure if they would be absolutely thrilled with the idea of four parks in one day.

If it was me by myself I would definitely accept the offer.

thanks. I'll make sure I stop by and say hi...

• We Go On.

I would suggest this plan:
    Day 1:
    -Animal Kingdom
    -Take WDW transportation (or car, depending on if you are a resort guest) to TTC
    -Take Monorail to Magic Kingdom
    -Magic Kingdom!

Day 2:
    -Disney's Hollywood Studios
    -Epcot

The reason I put Animal Kingdom at the beginning was so you could hit their few popular rides such as Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safaris. You could then take advantage of the end of a Magic Kingdom day, where there are parades and fireworks that you have the option to see or miss to do popular rides.

As for day 2, the morning is the best time to do attractions ad DHS such as Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, Rockin' Roller Coaster, and the Great Movie Ride. Crowds for Epcot's Future World seem to die down somewhat in the late afternoon and, or course, there is IllumiNations, which is amazing.

If you would rather see Fantasmic! at DHS than IllumiNations at Epcot, then just simply swith the two parks in Day 2. It also helps that the two parks are just a couple of ferry rides away, so that you have the ability to hop back and forth.

• Banned User

Scott, I would recommend staying at an on-site hotel. The extra magic hours will be precious in the limited time you will have to enjoy everything.

Also, when you to to Animal Kingdom in the morning, grab a fast pass for Kilimanjaro Safari, then head straight to Everest. You can then do Dinosaur nearby before heading back to Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    I would suggest this plan:
    Day 1:
    -Animal Kingdom
    -Take WDW transportation (or car, depending on if you are a resort guest) to TTC
    -Take Monorail to Magic Kingdom
    -Magic Kingdom!

Day 2:
    -Disney's Hollywood Studios
    -Epcot
    that was the exact plan my family finally decided on.

so will fastpasses be an issue at magic kingdom if we arrive at 12:30 - 1:00? Oh, and when should we camp out to watch wishes? and where?

thanks a bunch guys.

• Banned User

Fastpasses for all atractions are issued until they run out of them. Depending on the crowds... FPs may be available most of the day or gone totally as early as noon at the most popular rides.. like Soarin' or test Track, and Toy Story mania.. which is currently the FP that goes out the fastest. In your case, FP may be avail to most rides at the MK if you arrive at noon.. but their "come back" time may be for much later in the day. With FP, it's always hard to tell as the system depends heavily on the crowd conditions... the lesser the crowds, the lesser the amount of time you have to wait to return and use a FP. get it?