Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Thumbs up New book at WDW is very nice.

Hey, just bought my copy of "WDW, Then, Now, and Forever". This is a new pictorial souvenir book similar to those hard cover ones we have seen released and re-released over the years at WDW.
    At first, it looked just like another update on the same old pictorial book. However, this time around, they have added a twist with many photos and facts from the past, as well as updated info from the latest offerings.
    If you have been going to WDW since the beginning like I have, you may find this book quite entertaining. What sold me on it was the gorgeous picture of Main Street USA dressed in the "Tencennail" banners.. which was probably taken at a time when I was a CM at the MK. It brought me back to the days.. There are other great shots like Roy Jr, sitting at this dad's statue. Great photos from any attractions and other areas of WDW.

The book sells for approx $22.98, and I bought my copy at DTD's WoD. However, I first, I could not find it because it was not being displayed in the book and DVD area of the store, but rather close to the center section where most of the outdated "Million Dreams" merchandise still sits awaiting shipping to the outlet stores.

Anyways.. if you enjoy collecting these types of books, then this one is one you should consider adding to your collection.

• For You!

Re: New book at WDW is very nice.

My aunt gave me the Disneyland version - It's a really great book!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wow, that sounds like a wonderful coffee table book TDL, thanks for the heads up!

• World Traveler

Ooh. I can't wait to purchase this! Thanks for the info.

I must agree. I was surprised to see this at WDW last week and picked it up immediately. I have about every hardback book released on Disney parks to date and this is a worthy addition.

Before I moved local to WDW this type of book was my one "must-buy" item at any park, any trip. We were just wondering if WDW would ever bring back this type of book. The little softback ones they had recently were nice, but this is much superior.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Glad to know it's out for when we come in October. Hopefully the Art of Walt Disney World will be out soon too!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Ooooh I need one!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    My aunt gave me the Disneyland version - It's a really great book!
    I must have that one as well.
    I am kind of glad we are seeing some of that history brought back via books.. as it's similar to how TDR pays respect to the history of the park with some of it's merchandise. It's the type of things I enjoy most at the parks' gift shops. Glad to see WDW/DLR trying...

• Disneyholic

The big question in my mind is how accurate is it TDL? Its it an accurate historical account or does it hype some things and gloss over others?
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Inappropriate

Hey, if tdlfan likes it, it's good enough for me! Plus I have the Disneyland version already and it's awesome! I expect this would should be along those same lines.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Hey, if tdlfan likes it, it's good enough for me! Plus I have the Disneyland version already and it's awesome! I expect this would should be along those same lines.
    I'm not questioning if it's a good book or not, I believe it when TDLFAN recommends something it usually is, what I am asking is how accurate it really is?

I'm a big history buff, and one of the things you find with anything about WDW is often the "real" story behind changes and events is hard to separate from all the myths and rumors, especially when many of those are the "official" press releases and such, there's often a small truth or two that really lead to the change or decision making that gets lost in that process.

So I guess what I'm really looking for is is this a retelling of the company line like "We're closing PI due to feedback from our guests that they want more shopping and dining experiences in DTD" or will it read more to the point of "Due to declining revenue and attendance at many of the PI Clubs Disney decided to close PI to take advantage of more lucrative uses for the prime comercial real estate." Ok I can't back that one up and the company line may be 100% true but you get the idea...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    The big question in my mind is how accurate is it TDL? Its it an accurate historical account or does it hype some things and gloss over others?
    I have not sat down to read and proof read it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Actually it's pretty accurate. However, much of the book takes a more, "hey, look what we had at one point, wasn't it cool" approach leaving it mostly at that. I guess they figure the less they say, the less they need to account for.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    Actually it's pretty accurate. However, much of the book takes a more, "hey, look what we had at one point, wasn't it cool" approach leaving it mostly at that. I guess they figure the less they say, the less they need to account for.
    Which means..."Hey! Look at how much nicer WDW was before we screwed it up with the Jonbennet boutique, Extra Magic hours and FP!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Which means..."Hey! Look at how much nicer WDW was before we screwed it up with the Jonbennet boutique, Extra Magic hours and FP!!"
    Amen!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast