Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mouse at work

Memories of Disney

I am just curious here, but what is your best memory of Disney? It can be about ANYTHING Disney. I have 2 best memories. One was on my first or second trip to Disney World when I was around 2 or 4 years old. I remember going up to Mickey and hugging him. It felt like I was in a whole different world. lol. Then I saw some other kid punch and kick Mickey and I remember getting back in line just to punch Mickey's nose, plus to hug him.

My second best memory was back in december of 2002 in Disney World when I accidentally got lost. I probably circled the Magic Kingdom several times. I started feeling a little worried until I ran into a small group of really tall people who, for some reason, creeped me out and sent shivers up my spine, and they looked really ghostly. They kept asking me if I was lost and gave me creepy smiles. I was so scared that I ran for it all the way past the spinning tea cup ride where my parents saw me and my mom started yelling at me and lecturing me about being kidnapped and having bad things happen to me if I got lost. I don't know why this memory stands out to me, but it's probably my second best memory cuz I got scared so badly in Magic Kingdom which is supposed to be the heart of the happiest place on earth, ironically. But I guess I have always wanted to be scared in Magic Kingdom. haha

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: Memories of Disney

One of my favorite memories was going to StarWars weekend with my little brother. It was a whole lot of fun, running around the Studios with light sabers and being shown up by a 10 year old with some serious light saber skills!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I got 30 years of memories. Hard to pick just one or two!

• Banned User

...And I have 36 yrs of them myself.. some good and some awful.. but three that always stand in my mind... the huge Bicentennial fireworks spectacular over Seven seas Lagoon in 1976, my first perimeter fireworks show on Oct 1, 1981 The Tencennial celebration.., and back to the beginning... seeing Cinderella castle for the first time from the monorail after departing the TTC... in june 1972.

• Mouse at work

That's awesome TDL fan. I actually had a really bad tim in Disney World in december of 2007. It was probably the worst trip I have ever had. Not because of Disney, but because of my family who was being reluctant to do anything because I kind of had to force my dad into letting me book the trip for the family. I had it all planned out perfectly. Then my family didn't want to but we went anyways. Because of my family, it was really bad. So next time I go, I am going to force my family to go with me and force them to have a good time. [I mean that in the best way possible]

• Mostly Harmless.

My toughest trip was prolly about a month ago. After my wife miscarried we kinda forced ourselves to go to try and take our minds off of things. It was honestly the hardest trip ever. We did have fun, but not like usual.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

• Too far from Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    My toughest trip was prolly about a month ago. After my wife miscarried we kinda forced ourselves to go to try and take our minds off of things. It was honestly the hardest trip ever. We did have fun, but not like usual.
    so sorry to hear that. Hope you both are ok!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I will share 2 of my favorite Disney memories. Back in 1989 I was living in San Diego with my parents I was 8 at the time, and my mom and dad told us that we were going to stay in the Marriot in Anehiem on Christmas eve because my mom was a travel agent and got a really cheap room and thought it would be fun. My Mom and Dad told us that we weren't going to go to Disneyland, but it would be fun spending Christmas eve in a hotel. I remember passing Disneyland on the freeway and talking to my sisters and saying ''It would be fun if we could go, but not this time"

The next day we woke up and there was magically a christmass tree in our room, and on the tree were tickets to Disneyland! My sisters and I started jumping and screaming and celebrating as we realized that we were going to get to go to Disneyland (thanks Santa)!

Everything about that day was and is magical to me to this day! We went at park opening, and stayed until the park closed! It is the first trip that we have video footage of, and remains the most memorable Disney experience in my mind!

The 2nd most magica and memorable, was years later on my College Program in 2004! I was going to DU (Disney University) and learning my role as Front Desk Host at Disney's All Star Resort, when after our 8 hour day of classes, we walked through the Utilidoors, poped up in Fantasyland (in business attire) rode splash Mountain (in the dark) and then watched Wishes for the first time ever! Even to this day whenever I see wishes, I get nostalgic and a bit choked up as I reflect on all of the memories Disney has given me, and all of the friendships I have forged and still have because of the College Program...
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Mouse at work

Good to hear. Keep the stories coming. : ) lol. I wish Disney would let teenagers who are in highschool also do stuff like summer internships atleast.

• Oo-de-lally

I have 2 that stick out in my mind the most out of the many memories I have.

The first is going to the park with my grandparents and going on my grandpa's favorite attraction of all time, The Country Bears Jamboree. My grandpa's trip to DLR was not complete until we watched CBJ. Every time we were waiting for the show to start my grandpa would take me around the waiting room and show me the pics of all the bears on the walls and tell me these funny stories about the bears in the pics. I know he loved telling me these stories. I really hope that one day they bring back CBJ.

The other memory that sticks out is when I graduated from 8th grade. My middle school took all the graduating 8th graders on a day trip to DLR. I was so excited because it was my first trip to the park with just friends and no parents at all. The day of the trip it started to rain. I don't mean a light drizzle either. It was pouring. I thought that they were going to postpone the trip but they didn't. The park was so empty. It was like we had the whole place to ourselves. I had so much fun that day. We rode Splash Mountain over and over again. I got sick the next day with a cold but it was so worth it.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Blog Entries

My favorite memory was our very first trip to EPCOT. I for the life of me can't remember what year it was or how old I was, but I do know that it was shortly after Norway had been added to the park. As it often does in Orlando, it began to pour just as we got to the Norway pavilion. So we ran inside and rode the ride. I distinctly remember being scared to death at the point where it looks like you're about to go outside thinking we were about to get drenched. When we got off it was still pouring so we asked if we could get back on the ride since no one was in line right now and everyone was huddling out the storm. The CM led us through a back way to get back to the loading area again. We must have ridden that ride 5 times in a row. I don't know why, but to this day that's one of my favorite memories with my family. It felt like the ride was our own personal ride to do with what we wanted. To this day, Norway is by far my favorite pavilion at EPCOT Center and its mainly due to that memory.

• Mouse at work

I wish I could have memories like that

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticDuck View Post
    so sorry to hear that. Hope you both are ok!
    Thanx, it was rough but we're both doing good now. I guess everybody has different Disney days, 99.9% of mine are really good! That one wasn't bad, just difficult... But anyways, back to the fun memories, which I believe is the more of the spirit of this thread!

• My girls: Ariel & Aurora

My favorite memory just happened during our last visit last year (in 2007). Rather than re-type it all again, you can read about it here:

What are your favorite WDW Memories of 2007?

- Dolores in PA, Mother of Two Disney Princesses

"Why is the Rum gone?"

Is it November 23, 2013 yet?

Our last visit was in November 2011

~ Our next family vacation is during Thanksgiving week 2013 ~
    November 23, 2013 - December 1, 2013

"Just make believe youíre a tiny little seed,
    a tiny little seed thatís reaching up to meet your need.
    With the right amount of faith and the right amount of earth
    youíll grow to see the sunshine on your day of birth.
    Letís listen to the land we all love.
    Natureís plan will shine above.
    Listen to the land, listen to the land."

• Mouse at work

great memories. I am going to force my parents into taking me on my b-day even though my birthday is the day i go back to school after my spring break. I ave always wanted to have a birthday in disney since I went for the first time when I was 2(I'm 15 now and will be 16 in april 13th 2009.) If I end up going, I really hope to create memories like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast