Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Most Repeatable Ride At the Magic Kingdom? At EPCOT? At DAK? At DHS?

Hmmm...

For me,
    MK - Haunted Mansion, because there is so much to see, and the queue typically moves very quickly.
    Epcot - SSE, same reason as Haunted Mansion.
    DAK - Expedition Everest, because it is one of the coolest rides that Disney has ever done, even with the broken Yeti.
    DHS - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, because it's the attraction I work at, it's my favorite attraction at the studios, and for me, it never gets old!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• The Voice of the Jungle

MK - Jungle Cruise. After working there, you just get used to repeat rides and learn to enjoy them when you're the one not behind the mic

Epcot - SSE. It's always been my favorite ride in my favorite park (back in the day when Horizons and Dreamfinder were still around and it was Fun to be Free)

MGM - (DHS, whatever) - I love Star Tours, and do make sure to ride it once per visit, but don't know if it would be something I'd hop back in line for over and over

AK - Kali River Rapids - It's just too short, but the couple seconds of rapids are pretty fun. I'd have to ride 3 times in a row to get the same experience on Popeye's over at IOA.

MK: Space Mountain (though Splash Mountain is my favorite)
    EPCOT: Spoarin' (though Spaceship Earth is my favorite)
    MGM: Tower of Terror (though Great Movie Ride is...or was my favorite but now is in critical condition)
    AK: Everest.

• Banned User

MK: For me, it's the Haunted Mansion. Since the refurb, it is just the best ride in all of WDW, IMHO.

EPCOT: Mission: Space, no question. The most exciting experience in the park.

DAK: Everest, definitely. What a fantastic themed coaster. I just hope they get the yeti working again.

DHS: TOT. Perfect atmosphere, queue, theming and thrills. I haven't tried TSMM yet.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

MK: TTA
    EC: Test Track
    MGM: Tower of Terror
    DAK: Expedition Everest

• Seasick

For the most part for myself, thrill rides with immersive theming are the most repeatable. One can (gasp) actually get a little tired of a well-themed ride that lacks at least some thrills.

MK: Space Mountain. Inferior as it is to the DL version, this ride remains my number one Disney attraction, period. Not the most elaborate in terms of effects/theming, but for some reason it just works for me.

EPCOT: Journy Into Your Imagination. I had a hard time picking an Epcot attraction for this thread. This choice is probably, shall we say, unusual, but I just never grew tired of it. Soarin is good, but film-based attractions grow old quickly for me, Mission: Space is fun, but the overally experience lacks something for me, and Test Track feels a bit disjointed.

DHS: Tower of Terror. Amazing effects, and thrills that never grow old. The random drop sequences are the icing on the cake.

AK: Expedition Everest.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

MK: Haunted Mansion and Carousel of Progress
    EPCOT:SSE
    Hollywood Studios: Great Movie Ride
    AK: Wouldn't know, I've only been there once.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I never said I don't like it. From the photos I've seen it looks nice. I just will never set foot in that park. As far as I'm concerned, WDW only has 3 theme parks.
    I have to say.. this is quite intriging to me... and sad, because in my honest and professional Disney theme park experience, DAK is the best park WDW has to offer in both quality, theme and approach, and for someone who seems to validate my claim as TDR being the very best Disney resort, to skip DAK and it's quality offering, it's very disheartening.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    Hmmm...

For me,
    MK - Haunted Mansion, because there is so much to see, and the queue typically moves very quickly.
    Epcot - SSE, same reason as Haunted Mansion.
    DAK - Expedition Everest, because it is one of the coolest rides that Disney has ever done, even with the broken Yeti.
    DHS - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, because it's the attraction I work at, it's my favorite attraction at the studios, and for me, it never gets old!
    Rock 'n' Roller coaster must be one special ride for an attraction operator such as yourself to never tire of it. I haven't rode RnRC yet, but you're definitely motivating me.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I have to say.. this is quite intriging to me... and sad, because in my honest and professional Disney theme park experience, DAK is the best park WDW has to offer in both quality, theme and approach, and for someone who seems to validate my claim as TDR being the very best Disney resort, to skip DAK and it's quality offering, it's very disheartening.
    They seem to love the park. Something tragic must have happened there - perhaps a confrontation with an employee or something.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    For the most part for myself, thrill rides with immersive theming are the most repeatable. One can (gasp) actually get a little tired of a well-themed ride that lacks at least some thrills.

MK: Space Mountain. Inferior as it is to the DL version, this ride remains my number one Disney attraction, period. Not the most elaborate in terms of effects/theming, but for some reason it just works for me.

EPCOT: Journy Into Your Imagination. I had a hard time picking an Epcot attraction for this thread. This choice is probably, shall we say, unusual, but I just never grew tired of it. Soarin is good, but film-based attractions grow old quickly for me, Mission: Space is fun, but the overally experience lacks something for me, and Test Track feels a bit disjointed.

DHS: Tower of Terror. Amazing effects, and thrills that never grow old. The random drop sequences are the icing on the cake.

AK: Expedition Everest.
    Quite a few MCers have selected Exprdition Everest. This is definitely one of Disney's most successful newer rides. Journey Into Your Imagination is terrific, too - one of the most underrated attractions at WDW. Thanks for your descriptive and entertaining post, DisneyGeek.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

MK: Pirates of the Caribbean: Yes, they did add Jack Sparrow, Barbosa, and Davy Jones to it, but that is still one ride that I cannot get bored of. Splash, Space, and Big Thunder Mountains all are in that same category, but Pirates has always been my favorite.

Epcot: Test Track: Went for my first time in December on this one. Made sure to get on it again and again. Journey Through Imagination was good with the rejuvenatation of Figment, but I miss the DF and the roving DF & Figment puppets of the days when it attraction first opened.

DHS: Rock N' Rollercoaster: I was blown away at how good this was. Loud Aerosmith and a killer coaster in blacklights... amazing. DHS is also very big for me with Muppetvision & the Indy Stunt Spectacular, but those aren't rides.

TAK: E:E! While I enjoyed just about everything about Animal Kingdom at my first trip there in December, Expedition: Everest blew me away. I think we did it 7 times? I love roller coasters and there is just something awesome about that entire presentation.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I never said I don't like it. From the photos I've seen it looks nice. I just will never set foot in that park. As far as I'm concerned, WDW only has 3 theme parks.
    So many points of view in the world...

DAK for me is the only park in WDW that does not feel stale or poorly maintained (which is not to say that I don't like the other parks, because I do). In a global Disney context I would say DAK is the main reason WDW can still hold its head up alongside the other resorts.

Also I am surprised to see the votes for Journey into Imagination. IMO the current incarnation is quite terrible. Although the original, if still around, would get my vote for best and most repeatable attraction at Epcot (and perhaps at WDW).
    Down with the Hat

• Doesn't get enough Disney

MK: It's a tie between Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion. Space Mountain- because although old and rough in spots, is still a very fun experience that is fun to keep riding. Haunted Mansion because there is so much detail- and it's my favorite ride.
    EPCOT: I love Soarin', personally!
    DHS: Tie between Midway Mania and ToT two very unique and well themed attractions!
    AK: I love E:E! I went on it only two times the last time I was there, but thankfully it was back when the Yeti was still in 'A' mode.

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

MK: Splash Mountain (my Favorite in WDW), or HM.
    EPCOT: Living with the Land (Test track is great, but I would get sick of the preshow)
    MGM: Tower of Terror or Midway Mania.
    DAK: Everest.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Cool Re: Most Repeatable Ride At the Magic Kingdom? At EPCOT? At DAK? At DHS?

Magic Kingdom - This is a tough one, but it'd be hard for me not to pick Splash Mountain.

Epcot - Although Test Track is my favorite, I'd probably have to say Spaceship Earth.

Disney's Hollywood Studios - I have yet to ride Toy Story Mania, but I'd have to say Tower Of Terror.

Animal Kingdom - Kilimanjaro Safari's just because every time is a little bit different.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast