Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bay Lake Tower

• Mouse at work

Bay Lake Tower

I am most likely buying a unit in Bay Lake Tower. Well my dad's paying lol. It's for my family. Even though I'm probably gonna use it more cuz I have 1 week off almost every month in my school.(im 15 and in 19th grade.) So, i'm curious to see who else is buying units there. and tell your stories about how you found out and stuff.

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: Bay Lake Tower

Dude, your Dad would be better off purchasing a unit at the AK Lodge at the moment.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• DVC - BLT/BWV/BCV/VWL/VGC

Bay Lake Tower is going to be fantastic!

I've purchased points there, and I'm going to enjoy those Magic Kingdom view rooms (those rooms will be closer to the MK than any other resort). I'm going to enjoy walking to the MK.
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'm jealous. The Contemporary is my favorite Disney World Hotel, and I love the Magic Kingdom.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    Dude, your Dad would be better off purchasing a unit at the AK Lodge at the moment.
    Would you please explain why? Both for firebolt and for myself.

AKV currently sells for $96 per point (with incentives) and BLT sells for $107 (with incentives). AKV annual dues are $4.71 per point while BLT is $3.67 per point. Thus, AKV is less expensive.

Since AKV is a larger resort (458 units at AKV vs. 295 units at BLT), there is less an advantage of owning at AKV than at BLT. That is, folks who own at other DVC resorts will find it easier to book AKV at the 7-mo window than BLT.
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
    AKV currently sells for $96 per point (with incentives) and BLT sells for $107 (with incentives). AKV annual dues are $4.71 per point while BLT is $3.67 per point. Thus, AKV is less expensive.

Since AKV is a larger resort (458 units at AKV vs. 295 units at BLT), there is less an advantage of owning at AKV than at BLT. That is, folks who own at other DVC resorts will find it easier to book AKV at the 7-mo window than BLT.

Yep,

It all boils down to personal choice. I was looking at buying into BLT, but decided not to, for a number of reasons.

1) Shocker time - MK is not my favorite of the parks

2) The buy in is more

3) While I love the layout of the rooms, the decor does not thill me.

4) Point "costs" per night at BLT are on the high side.

The lower maintence costs are attractive - but not a suprise - there is a heck of a lot less landscaping, roads, etc there than at say SSR. However it was not enough to seal the deal for me.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by firebolt413 View Post
    im 15 and in 19th grade.)
    So you're a junior in a post grad school? At 15? WOW!

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post

Also right now they are matching your points for the first year at the AKV. So if you buy 160 points you get 320, but it does not carry over. There are also a few other current perks right now for AKV.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Also right now they are matching your points for the first year at the AKV. So if you buy 160 points you get 320, but it does not carry over. There are also a few other current perks right now for AKV.
    But the matching points are not AKV points, but "developer points" that you can only use at Saratoga Springs Resort or for World Passport. They expire after 12 months and cannot be banked.

• Mouse at work

hmm interesting. The only thing that's confusing for me is that when you buy it for yourself and not as a timeshare, can you stay there whenever, or does the points thing still apply?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    His real name is Doogie Howser.

Quote Originally Posted by firebolt413 View Post
    hmm interesting. The only thing that's confusing for me is that when you buy it for yourself and not as a timeshare, can you stay there whenever, or does the points thing still apply?

Huh ?

I think you are suggesting that you can buy a room for your exclusive use at any time. Not on your life. In fact there are prohibitions about setting up a permanent home at WDW.

All DVC purchases are point purchases - i.e timeshares.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post

I am guessing that 9 in 19 is supposed to be a 0 .... as in 15 in 10th grade.

-dave

• Mouse at work

phonedave got it. I am almost 16 though. in 10th grade.. And thanks for clearing this stuff up for me. This is my first time looking into this DVC stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast