What's the plan for Primeval Whirl?

I knew Primeval Whirl was under "refurbishment" before my trip, but I didn't know it was as extensive as I saw today while in the park. Most of the ride track has been removed from the right side and they were in process of craning away parts from the left side today. There was also a lot of new steel being welded to the ride which looked like structural items for a platform or roof of some sort. It also appeared that the ride's wiring was all being taken out.

They were also repainting most of the ride which is what I sorta expected with a "refurb". But, I didn't really expect to see two cranes and tons of missing track pieces.

Does anyone know what the plan is for this refurb? I tried a search and didn't come up with anything.
    -Tim

Blog Entries

Re: What's the plan for Primeval Whirl?

I was hoping for "tear it down" but somehow I don't think that's the case.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Primeval Whirl? You make it sound like some sort of dessert . That said, I bet that could be a good idea "Dinosaur Delight" and "T-Rex Surprise"! AHHAH

Anyway, if you are referring to the Primeval World in Disneyland in Anaheim, CA - I have heard no plans of it being removed. It's almost iconic and has sort of a cult following, since Mr. Disney himself conjurred it up.... I can't imagine they'd ever remove that!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Aww, my kids love this ride. I hope they aren't getting rid of it.

DD Primeval Whirl is a spinning attraction at Animal Kingdom, Primeval World is in Disneyland.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Aww, my kids love this ride. I hope they aren't getting rid of it.

DD Primeval Whirl is a spinning attraction at Animal Kingdom, Primeval World is in Disneyland.
    I stand (or sit) corrected then - and do I ever have egg on my face!

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: What's the plan for Primeval Whirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Primeval Whirl? You make it sound like some sort of dessert . That said, I bet that could be a good idea "Dinosaur Delight" and "T-Rex Surprise"! AHHAH
    LOL... sorry about the egg dripping down your face DD, but I watched you step (or 'whirl') right into that one!

"What's all this talk I hear about them removing Dinosaur World, why I never, my kids love that, and I'll... What?! Oh, Dinosaur Whirl.... nevermind!"
    Emily Latilla

I find myself making the same kind of 'mistakes' all the time when I read MiceChat; I try very hard to spell things correctly, but this new generation of "texters" feel that spelling is like horseshoes - 'close' is 'good enough', and so I find myself asking, "Does she mean 'animation'? or 'animatronics'? or is 'animatron' some new attraction that I have never heard of?!"

By the way, while "Dinosaurs Delight" in doing a "T-Rex Surprise", it contains about 1/2 ton of roughage, is smelly, and takes hours to dig yourself out of - avoid it if at all possible...

You look GREAT (I'm checkin' out those arms - Hubba Hubby!) - and Grant is getting SO BIG!!
    Happy One Year Anniversary...
    Last edited by EvilQueen; 10-15-2008 at 10:30 AM.
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

Anyway, if you are referring to the Primeval World in Disneyland in Anaheim, CA - I have heard no plans of it being removed. It's almost iconic and has sort of a cult following, since Mr. Disney himself conjurred it up.... I can't imagine they'd ever remove that!
    David - it's a sort of midway ride that should never have been put in DAK. It's a "cheap" fill in and hopefully the pesky thing is being removed along withthe other non Disney midway rides they threw in there!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6IzvPMD_SgM
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !