Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Re: Do You Practice Cell Phone Etiquette At WDW? Time You Spend Talking/TMing?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    Fine in the lines up to a point - but I really don't want to have to listen to you yapping on about how your grandmother's leg swelled up to the size of a Halloween pumpkin and the doctor had to lance it with a machete!
    However, use it in the ride or the attraction and you may find yourself nailed down in a section of IASW and taught to sing that infernal song!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r!

Obviously you didnt read my previous post where I listed almost every ride in Disney World and how it would be impossible to use a celphone on the ride...

Like I said, I use my cel when I am waiting on a line. And my phone is always on silent...

Also, I have never said I send a txt on a ride itself. I was trying to prove a point to the OP by saying that if someone is on HM or another ride that has a private vehicle and they send a txt who is that going to bother?? You are in another buggy, so you would never know...

What I did say was that if you sent a txt on a ride where you have to share a boat with a bunch of people, then yes that is rude....

However what people do in line or in their own private ride vehicle is none of your or anyone else' business.. So you cant really get mad at that person for something you didnt see them do?

Thats like me getting mad at kid before a ride because he/she may or may not cry during the ride and ruin the experience for me...

• Banned User

I am sorry, I have been too busy texting and talking on my cellphone to really read any of the posts on this thread. So, what's everyone here saying?

Ooopps sorry. My cell's ringing. Be back in a few.

When I am at WDW, my cell phone stays in the hotel room. I figure that I can get any messages when I get back from the parks. I go to WDW to escape the real world
    When we were there last month, there were tons of people on their phones and most were courteous however, as mentioned, the few that need to have their phones out texting during shows (the Finding Nemo show at AK, for example) was really distracting.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    You nailed it. I work in a customer facing role and to be treated as "second fiddle" by someone using a cellphone is not only discourteous - it's downright rude and says a lot about the user. If someone asks me a question whilst conducting a conversation on their phone I answer: "I'll respond when you have finished your call!" If that upsets them - tough!
    As for cell phones on rides - if someone was yacking on one (and ain't they the curse of the age?) I would ask them to desist. If they carried on then they may just find their phone going for its own ride (or swim) depending on the actual ride. It's like those in theatres who don't understand what the word "Off" means. It doesn't mean set to vibrate - it means "Off!"I don't want some glaring light ruining my enjoyment of a show. We survived OK without these intrusive pieces of equipment before they were invented and I amazed anyone can afford to waste call money on them given the financial restraints being placed on us all!

And "common etiquette" like "common sense" is, unfortunately, not very common!
    common sense and courtesy is a thing of the past. nothing can be done about it. I only use my cell during the line but not during the ride itself.

When a customer comes up and is on the phone I smile and tell them that I will wait till they get done with their call. If they tell me it is ok for me to help them I politely that I will wait for them to get done that I don't want to be RUDE. I hate people that use their cell phones in public places, so disrespectful!

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

I leave my cellphone on at all times especially when our family splits up. Some of us like to do Splash Mountain and some of us would rather see a show than wait in line for it.

I don't have a problem with people using their cellphones in line as long as it doesn't disrupt the line. As in, if the CM is talking to you trying to get you to move to a different line or trying to figure out how many is in your party to put you in a seat, you should hang up then.

I just wish people would learn that there is no need to shout into the phone.

The louder you speak into a cellphone the more dificult it is for the other person to here you.

I also have a chuckle when i see people holding the hands free wires or move their phone from their ear to their mouth.

• Mostly Harmless.

I know I'm walking into this conversation a bit late, but I hate talking on my cell phones no matter what. Yes that's right I have to cart around two of the stupid things, I'm just glad that they are not as big as they were 10 years ago... Anyways I love texting! But again when I am at Disney I'm usually there to avoid the outside world. I keep my communication devices on me for an emergency, but that is basically it. I try not to answer and I only text to tell my friend in Vegas that I am at EPCOT or to find my wife when she gets lost (by she I mean me)...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by JediMelmac View Post
    When I am at WDW, my cell phone stays in the hotel room. I figure that I can get any messages when I get back from the parks. I go to WDW to escape the real world
    When we were there last month, there were tons of people on their phones and most were courteous however, as mentioned, the few that need to have their phones out texting during shows (the Finding Nemo show at AK, for example) was really distracting.

Man - please that everybody could exercise some common sense like you!
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    common sense and courtesy is a thing of the past. nothing can be done about it. I only use my cell during the line but not during the ride itself.
    Totally have to disagree. Manners cost nothing and its time some folk actually took an inner look at their selfish behaviour. There's a lot that can be done about it. Some theatres now are blocking cellphone transmission and receivings. Use your phone in line by all means but if I suddenly decide to lead a chorus of "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow" ..................
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by JediMelmac View Post
    What happens if you are in a park and you need to make a call ASAP... (ie for an emergency or something...) there are no payphones in the park...

What happens if your family gets separated??

No offense to you, but leaving your celphone in your room all day is a bad bad bad idea...

• Banned User

I went to Knott's Berry Farm in California last year for their Halloween Haunt. Since this type of event draws lots and lots of teens and early 20 year old, I was amazed at what I saw. No joke, no blowing things out of proportion here......50% of the people around me at any given time were yacking away on their phones or texting. I don't even know why they spent the money to get into the park when all they were doing is gossiping on the phone and running into people because they were so into their conversations that they did not pay attention to where they were going.

• Walt Disney Fan

I don't call anyone except my family inside the park.

Like when they send me to get Fastpasses. I call them to tell them the time to make sure they want to get the Fastpass.

Plus when we split I call them to tell them where I am.

But I don't talk to anyone "On the Outside World"
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

• Steve

Personally, I'm too busy having a good time and being totally immersed in what's going on around me to talk on my cell phone at Disney World! ha! ha! If people want to talk to me while I am there, they will just have to wait until I take a break for a meal or something.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    What happens if you are in a park and you need to make a call ASAP... (ie for an emergency or something...) there are no payphones in the park...

What happens if your family gets separated??

No offense to you, but leaving your celphone in your room all day is a bad bad bad idea...
    what did we do before cell phones?? my goodness, its not like we carted cell phones and pda's and computers into the park 20 years ago. I believe we did well.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwplanner View Post
    Personally, I'm too busy having a good time and being totally immersed in what's going on around me to talk on my cell phone at Disney World! ha! ha! If people want to talk to me while I am there, they will just have to wait until I take a break for a meal or something.
    good for you!! Im also the same way, my friends and family know I am on vacation, but I do set a time for them or I to call, since I will be 3 hours ahead of them this time I will call them after I had dinner dinner, its bed time for them or close to it, but no way am I calling any earlier, I will be having to much fun!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast