Princess Storybook Dining at Restaurant Akershus

Just wondering if the lunch version of the 'Princess Storybook Dining at Restaurant Akershus' is a good alternate to the breakfast in Cinderella's castle. My daughter is a HUGE princess fan so this looks like it would actually be a bit better than the castle breakfast. lol, well I hope it is since there is no way we are going to get into breakfast in Cinderella's castle this close to the trip (first part of Oct.). I did get reservations to Akershus on her birthday (5th b-day), does anybody know what they do?

We have never done a character meal before, so ths will be something new for us.

Re: Princess Storybook Dining at Restaurant Akershus

Please be advised that Cinderella is NOT at the Akershus for any meal. If your daughter has her herat set on Cinderella, try and get a reservation at 1900 Park Fare at The Grand Floridian instead. Cinderella only does breakfast at the castle and dinner at The Grand Floridian's 1900 Park Fare. She skips lunch to keep her figure, although she may drop in for lunch there once in awhile.

At Akershus you'll always find 4-5 Princesses/Leading Ladies and there are no guarantees over which will appear at any given meal or time. Here is a listing of which characters are likely to appear and when:

Snow White Breakfast
    Mulan Breakfast
    Mary Poppins Breakfast
    Belle Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
    Jasmine Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
    Sleeping Beauty (Princess Aurora) Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
    Ariel in her ball gown Lunch/Dinner
    Alice (Alice in Wonderland) Lunch/Dinner
    Pocahontas Lunch/Dinner

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    Just wondering if the lunch version of the 'Princess Storybook Dining at Restaurant Akershus' is a good alternate to the breakfast in Cinderella's castle.
    If your daughter loves princesses, she'll love it. The whole place naturally looks like a castle and the princesses are great. Do note that it is Norweigan food served (unlike the American breakfast) and that the food is family style. I do think though that they have American food for children though if they don't want the norweigan food.
    Please be advised that Cinderella is NOT at the Akershus for any meal.
    Yes...and no. It is true that Cinderella is not on the list of rotating characters. However, she does make surprise appearances some days. When I went there for the dinner, she happened to be one of the rotating princesses. So even though she probably won't be there, there is a chance that she might.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Creative Director

does anyone feel the same as me in that Cinderella is like everywhere in Walt Disney World? maybe not everywhere, but that she is like the most popular character there, especially out of the princesses.

last time I went, she was all over the place, and Aurora and jasmine and a few others were so rare.

mind you, I am a californian and go to Disneyland and there all the princesses seem to get more equal time out and about.

just wondering if anyone else felt the same, or noticed this.

My daughter is a fan of all the princess characters, so if Cinderella is not there she will be happy with the others.

I have been searching for info on the lunch and am not finding much info on it - but lots of info on the breakfast. Seems like people either have a great time or they curse it lol. If the list of the food I saw is correct (lost the link - arg) I think I may have a snack before we go.