Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should the Hall of Presidents Feature the 44th President while He Is in Office?

The Hall of Presidents exists now as a pantheon of former Presidents, but I kind of like the idea of featuring, in a relatively prominent way, the 44th President once he takes office next year.

President Clinton recorded an address for the attraction upon leaving office, but I can just as easily envision a sitting President doing something similar.

By doing so, the attraction may be able to shift the focus from the administration of President George W. Bush to the future.

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: Should the Hall of Presidents Feature the 44th President while He Is in Office?

This is going to be a post on that fine line you know...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Re: Should the Hall of Presidents Feature the 44th President while He Is in Office?

From what I've heard, they are no longer going to have a speech by a sitting president, but I don't know for sure.

Blog Entries

I like their new idea. Its a shame that politics has gotten so polarizing that people can't respect the office of the president even in a theme park atmosphere and feel the need to boo when Bush speaks. To me the idea behind the attraction is to respect that office and unfortunately the polarization of America when it comes to politics today doesn't allow that to happen when the sitting president speaks. So just have their aa up there but leave the speaking to the truly historic presidents.

I am looking forward to the new version. I will miss hearing the sitting President speak, but I am looking forward to seeing what WDI does. It is unfortunate that people can no longer look past their personal feelings of the man to respect the office itself. However, if the rumors of Abe Lincoln becoming more prominent prove to be true, I am all for it.

• Banned User

It shouldn't be hard to program the AA to say DUH.

• Banned User

The attraction closes for refurbishment November 1st, & either McCain or Obama will be added, most likely without a speech.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Well a theme park is not a place to divide people so I support the descision not to have the current President speak. Will Blaine Gibson be sculpting the new President?

• Fortuosity!

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Well a theme park is not a place to divide people so I support the decision not to have the current President speak. Will Blaine Gibson be sculpting the new President?
    No, a new guy will. The first time a new president will be sculpted for this attraction by a different person (name escapes me, this was reported on wdwmagic.com a while back). Blaine came out of retirement last time to do work for this attraction though.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I'd like to see some of our founding fathers speak more prominently in the attraction .

Screw the present, lets hear more from people who actually made this country a democracy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I'd like to see some of our founding fathers speak more prominently in the attraction .

Screw the present, lets hear more from people who actually made this country a democracy.
    I think they need to close it down and add a coaster

• Fortuosity!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    I think they need to close it down and add a coaster
    Why? They're already adding a loop.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• Minion

I liked hearing the current president speak in the attraction even when I didn't like their politics. And since the attraction does focus a lot on the quest for a more perfect union since the days of slavery, that seems particularly appropriate now.
    Down with the Hat

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    I liked hearing the current president speak in the attraction even when I didn't like their politics. And since the attraction does focus a lot on the quest for a more perfect union since the days of slavery, that seems particularly appropriate now.

I agree. I will miss having the current president speak.

I never understood all the booing either.

First of all, whoever it is, it is the President of the United States. Have some respect.

Second, its NOT the President of the United States, its a freaking AA. It can't hear you, its not going to respond. Nobody is going to send a report to Washington reporting on booing levels. All is does is prevent those of us who want to hear the attraction from hearing it.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Angie_Duke View Post
    Why? They're already adding a loop.
    Once they added "W", the loop took more of a corkscrew shape.
    Last edited by PhotoMatt; 10-26-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast