It's a rumor.
It's a rumor.
I hope its not touched until I am there in a week!!! please say it ain't so ))))))
The rumor we have heard is it might begin November 1st. Sounds like we are going to be down there at the same time. So may a bee line to Space Mountain, just in case.
nooooooooooooooooooooo I won't be there until after the 6th !! Are you sure?? we leave on the 3rd but not that park until the 6th. someone confirm this please??
The more reliable rumors have stated it'll go down in January for 16-18 months.
If it's not on the current refurb schedule for November, there's a pretty good chance it's not going to happen that month.
What the OP meant was that the Space Mountain refurb has moved back to the rumor section, not confirmed. Sadly, Mr. Holmes got his way and the attraction will not be get the originally planned refurb. It is unclear what will be done to the attraction.
Seriously really? Does he have the power to do that? Come on even Phil must see the benefit of doing this in the light of post Haunted Mansion. Space, like the Mansion was prior to its refurbishment, has reach the point of diminished return. It just fails to impress, fairly consistantly. I listen to comments of those coming off the attraction and usually, they aren't talking about the attraction at all. They get off of it with out much conversation about it. This compared to my visiting at Disneylands version, listen to crowds exiting the building and they are talking about that attraction they just rode. so all conjucture and perhaps not so subjective, but I would wager to say the internal surveys, the honest ones anyway, are painting the same picture. Its become the textbook example of dated and unimpressive. I have a hard time believing Phil is this blind. He approved HM, why would he not do the same for SM? Yes its a longer project, but its just has badly needed.
is space mountain really bad? Ive been on disneylands, so there not the same?
They're not the same at all. No music, different layout. But, I still love them both. The one in FL is sorta violent.
refurbs for now...
- Tomorrowland Speedway – may experience delayed openings during the relocation of gas tanks and fuel lines.
- Country Bear Jamboree – closed for refurbishment September 28 – October 31.
- The Hall of Presidents – closed November 1 through at least the end of April for addition of whomever the next U.S. president might be.
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin – closed for refurbishment December 14–20.
- Splash Mountain – closed for refurbishment January 4–17.
- Dumbo The Flying Elephant – closed for refurbishment January 7.
- Mickey's PhilharMagic – closed for refurbishment January 18 – February 6.
The only Space Mountain that has a loop is the one in Paris.
And Phil Holmes can kiss my white a$$. What a frickin' moron.