• is too darn hot.

First Adult Trip to WDW Jan 08-16 2009

I am taking my first trip to Walt Disney World in my adult life this January. The last time I was there I was perhaps about 10 years old. Epcot was still EPCOT Center and Communicore and Maelstrom made a huge impression on me. I cannot remember anything of the Magic Kingdom, which is probably because of my overabundance of Disneyland memories. We will have 7 days to visit all the parks and the various other attractions around the resort. My girlfriend is a Disneyland CM, so we will be using her sign-ins for entrance.

My questions to you are: Are the CM sign-ins parkhoppers or are they one park, one day tickets?

Any tips or tricks for some lesser known attractions/resort offerings?

What is the best order in which to experience the parks?

Any other information I can get from you all who know WDW better would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Shablagoo!

Re: First Adult Trip to WDW Jan 08-16 2009

Well here is one piece of advice.

The website shows which park has the extra magic hours for the day.
    Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

The park that has extra magic hours opens early and/or stays open later. This is a "benefit" if you are staying on property. Notice that I put benefit in quotes. That is because a lot of the hotel guests head to the park that day and fill it up. That is why I always go to another park than the one with extra magic hours for that day.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    I am taking my first trip to Walt Disney World in my adult life this January. The last time I was there I was perhaps about 10 years old. Epcot was still EPCOT Center and Communicore and Maelstrom made a huge impression on me. I cannot remember anything of the Magic Kingdom, which is probably because of my overabundance of Disneyland memories. We will have 7 days to visit all the parks and the various other attractions around the resort. My girlfriend is a Disneyland CM, so we will be using her sign-ins for entrance.

My questions to you are: Are the CM sign-ins parkhoppers or are they one park, one day tickets?

Any other information I can get from you all who know WDW better would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Well first off, have a wonderful time!

Not a CM so I'll have to let someone else answer your first question but I can help with the rest.

Depends on what kind of park vistor you are. Do you like thrills? Do you like a more relaxed vacation? Or do you like a steady combination of both? Being a Disney fan already, do you want to see some classic, like Carousel of Progress and the People Mover? (TTA)

Considering you have a lot of DL memories I would do them in this order.

Epcot
    Animal Kingdom
    Magic Kingdom
    Hollywood Studios

Now you can move HS up if you like the thrill ride attractions like ToT and Rockin Roller Coaster.

Animal Kingdom is also flexible as it appeals to a more "relaxed and take in the scenery" kind of guest, so that might be movable for you as well.

If you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask us of course but if you want peruse yourself, I'd recommend this website.

www.allearsnet.com

It's great for looking up dining info, lesser known park attractions etc..

Have a great time!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Let's plan out your park order...

First day, just head right on through to the Magic Kingdom. No need in keeping it to the end as your head will build up the expectations of the Magic Kingdom far greater than what it really just is.

Experience the main reason why you're there.... the Magic Kingdom

Your next park full day should be Animal Kingdom. The "smallest" park in terms of walking areas and attractions. Yes they say it's the "biggest" but only because of the amount of property the animals take up.

Enjoy something that's completely different from what the Magic Kingdom represents. The Animal Kingdom is amazing when you're not in a rush and at the start of your vacation. Also, arrive early, right when the park opens. Now sometimes the park closes early due to the animals schedules so if you have the time head on over to The Animal Kingdom lodge hotel via the buses as its location is only minutes away, very close by.

Take in the lodge, the culture, the animals at the lodge. Once you're done and seen the lodge get on a bus to Downtown Disney and enjoy the night there or head to Epcot or MGM studios and get on the buses there back to your hotel.

Of course you could just head straight back to your hotel after Animal Kingdom closes but slipping in a visit to the lodge is all up to you.

Your third full day park should be Epcot. Go big on your 3rd outing. Epcot is an adult's play ground as I like to say. Drink wine, eat food from around the world, enjoy the fireworks at night, make it a romantic visit, easy going, no rush.

Your fourth day full park visit is finally MGM- I mean Hollywood Studios. This park is very fast paced and small but with soooo many attractions and rides you will feel like you're in a hurry to do them all. Hollywood Studios just always feels crowded and compact and the feeling of "relaxation" never seems to fit with this park. Just know you'll be on the go all day long.

Now that is a proper order to hit the parks in a very fun light hearted way. Your expectations don't build up, it's always a new experience and you can then decide on your fifth full day which park you want to return to.

Most likely you'll want to head back to Epcot and do the less romantic, let's ride everything adventure that Epcot has to offer. Most of the time first time park visitors will visit Epcot's Future Showcase and hit World Showcase as night falls. Well on your 2nd full day visit to Epcot hit World Showcase during the day and then hit Future Showcase when night falls, always returning to the lagoon at the end of the night for the fireworks show.

Don't forget to make your 2nd day at Epcot a bit easier going by take the ferry to the Boardwalk area and/or to the Yacht/Beach club resorts. It's always a good thing to check out the other resorts around the areas when you have the time to see what your other options are for your next trip. First hand visits are far better than what you see in a brochure or in a travel video.

So that's five days gone already. It goes by super quick.

You have 1 full day left. Will you return to the Magic Kingdom for another full day or will you head down to Downtown Disney? Most likely you're worn out by the trip and you want your last full day to be felt like a vacation.

So book a breakfast at the Grand Floridian hotel or at the Polynesian hotel, take the ferry boats around to the other hotels near Magic Kingdom, the Wilderness Lodge... i don't know about you but I love hotels so sight seeing these hotels in person is fun for me but if you dont' want to hotel sight see then by all means chill out on the "beach" of the Grand Floridian hotel. Catch a wedding that may or may not be happening at the hotel.

As afternoon hits you can eat again at another resturant at on the Magic Kingdom surrounding hotels or you can head back into the Magic Kingdom for a relaxing remainder day at Walt Disney World. See what you missed from the first visit to the Magic Kingdom, buy disney stuff, build up photos on your photo pass card thing that they give you, shop shop shop at the Magic Kingdom, Get autographs from your favorite characters, enjoy a relaxing Main Street stroll, ride the train around the park, enjoy the less aggressive fast rides if you want to continue the relaxed last day mood.

I'm guessing on your 7th final day you may be heading back on a plane for home and checking out of your hotel. So if you plan it right you could hit up one last theme park in the morning hours, hoping you have a late plane flight home or you could just relax at your hotel and make sure everything is packed and all your disney souviners are packed and ready to go.

Enjoy your trip!
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 10-27-2008 at 10:12 PM.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com