Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Just moved to Orlando, help with AP's

I have a few questions abut AP's and was wondering if you all could help me out. I looked at the site and it said there were a few diff options. My first question is is it really worth the $415 for all parks, water parks, pleasure island, and parking, or is it worth $315 for just the 4 parks and nothing else.

My second question is do I need to go somewhere specific to get the pass or is it all taken care of online. Im kind of wary of using online services for something of this size.

Thanks.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: Just moved to Orlando, help with AP's

I am in CO. I bought 4 PAP's in 2002 online- no issues. They send you a voucher to trade in for the pass at the Ticket and Transportation Center. So I spent 4 times what you will- and had no trouble at all.

I got the passes that cover all 4 parks, the water parks and parking- (the whole kit and kaboodle) and I loved it. They water parks are worth it and it is fun to flash your pass and park for "free".

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Subgoon
    ...is it really worth the $415 for all parks, water parks, pleasure island, and parking, or is it worth $315 for just the 4 parks and nothing else.
    Well, parking is included in the standard annual pass. So you just have to decide how much you like to go to the water parks and Pleasure Island. For me, the standard pass is the right one.

• A Real Disney Attraction

I use the standard AP too and feel that unless you love water parks and/or are somewhat local you're not going to get your money's worth by going to the premium pass. The discounts and extra benefits are the same across the two out-of-state passes. If you're using an AP strategy for hotel discounts and/or getting multiple trips in within a year, the standard is the best way to go. You really need to visit the waterparks at a minimum of 4 times within the year to make it worthwhile. PI has too many other discounts to use to help offset the price difference in this example.

If you belong to NoCal's AAA you might want to try to buy discounted WDW tickets from them and then before using them at WDW upgrading them to APs when you arrive on-property. By then you'll have a better idea of whether you will fit in the waterparks during you're stay and Disney will credit you the retail value for the unused AAA tickets instead of just the discounted value ... Hence, a discount on the AP you're about to purchase.

I do believe that WDW has the best waterparks I have visited anywhere in the country. However, I still don't manage to visit them more than 2 times within a year.

Hope that helps.

***** EDIT: Oops. I read the body of your post but forgot about the header. In the moving case, I would definitely get the Florida resident Premium AP for your first year in town. Like many, you might want to downgrade to seasonal passes after your first year living in the tourist mecca, however, I think it's good to have the flexibility being new to town.
    Last edited by ChiMike; 09-07-2005 at 02:10 PM.
    -Mike

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Also, I think depending on how much time you have will affect which one you buy. I have the standard, but living in NY, I don't get to visit and spend as much time as I would like. Therefore, I spend more time in the theme parks than in the water parks, so the extra price for the water parks is not worth it. But, if you moved to Orlando, then you might be able to visit them more, and have them pay off.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Minion

Yea, thats the toss up. I live 20 mins from the WDW complex, so its really an issue of whether or not Ill be using the water parks. I havent been to either of them so I dont know which to get.

ChiMike, thanks for that edit. Thats the way im leaning right now. In that case, im going to need to find another $100! Thanks all for your input!

• Banned User

The first two years I bought my AP, I had the water parks and PI included as well... but hardly used them. So now, I just buy the 4-park AP and save money. I don't miss the water parks nor frequent PI which has becomes an outdated complex with nothing to do.

• Minion

Hm. The water parks are cheap enough for one day passes to just forget about them. Now im thinking maybe ill go with standard. So many thoughts!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

If you have never been to the water parks, a one day pass isn't too bad. Especially the Crush N Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon, it's at least worth a look, but I would think the standard is a better if you're not going to go to the water parks too much.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Don't quote me, but I thought as a FL resident 3 visits to the waterpark and you've made up the difference. I couldn't imagine it would take more than 4.

These are great parks, if I were currently living in the area I would have the premium just for the waterparks. Personally, I could easily belt out three visits with year-round access.
    -Mike

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Subgoon
    Hm. The water parks are cheap enough for one day passes to just forget about them. Now im thinking maybe ill go with standard. So many thoughts!
    Here's my thought on that. For your first year, go with the standard. Then buy admission to the water parks a couple of times. If you find yourself wanting to go more, or get angry at yourself that you're not getting into the water parks for free, then you'll know what to buy next year!

On the other hand, if you buy the premium and DON'T go to the water parks or PI, then you'll be mad at yourself for wasting money. Sometimes you just can't win!!!

• Banned User

go with the $315 FLA 4 park pass first. (or go to AAA and get it slightly cheaper i think..)

then see if you really want disneyquest and waterparks.. everntually upgrade later if you need to...

• Minion

You can upgrade?? Well this changes almost everything! Ill call them tommorow and see what the deal is with that, and also ask them how much of a discount AAA gets me, since im a member. Thanks!

You can always upgrade, but I think they might have stopped charging prorations for upgrades and will tack on the full amount regardless of how much time is left on the pass you're upgrading. I am not certain and could be wrong, but if they no longer just charge the proration be careful in not waiting too long to do the upgrade or it really could be an inefficient expense.
    -Mike

• Minion

Thanks for the heads up. Ill be calling them today and finding out that. Ill get back to you guys on everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast