Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Rides against injustice

1st Time WDW Trip Questions

My wife and I are taking our first ever trip to WDW Nov 17-22. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with some questions and advice.

1)Is it really THAT hard to get a table at Cinderella's Royal Table? Should I even try for an ADR this late in the game?

2)We are planning on at least 2 character meals while we are there. Any suggestions?

3)Does anyone know what the weather and crowds will be like that week?

Any and all answers are appreciated! Thanks everyone!!
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: 1st Time WDW Trip Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825 View Post
    My wife and I are taking our first ever trip to WDW Nov 17-22. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with some questions and advice.

1)Is it really THAT hard to get a table at Cinderella's Royal Table? Should I even try for an ADR this late in the game?

2)We are planning on at least 2 character meals while we are there. Any suggestions?

1. Yes is is. If you really want to eat there, try calling at least a couple times a day to see if there's a cancellation you can get in on.

2. If you like the Pooh characters, I highly recommend the Crystal Palace. It's a buffet and the food is pretty good. I've heard good things about Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary as well but haven't experienced it personally.

3. Crowds shouldn't be too out of control, since its the week before Thanksgiving, but there doesn't seem to be much of an "off peak" season at WDW anymore. It could be light crowds, could be moderate... could be busy. It's hard to say these days. As for weather, it should be nice... sunny with temps in the high 70's-low 80's. Just keep checking the 10 day forecast even when you arrive as it can usually change on a daily basis.

• TDR and Japan fan

Well i have eated at cinderellas royal table every visit and believe me its AWESOME!! the lamb is very good, then for the character dining or breakfast i recomendate the chefs mckey which is very good at the contemporary and other one hmmm maybe you should try hmm ah i dont remember but crystal palace which i havent tried its very good
    Other non character meals are in epcot France is awesome, marrakesh also awesome, one of my favorites germany also AWESOME almost every dining experience its amazing HAVE FUN!

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

I would definately say - Chef Mickey's for one of you're character meals, we also like the breakfast at tusker house in AK.

For cinderella's Royal Table, you should try phoning once a day to see if they can squeeze you in, after a cancellation.

And by the way - ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!

• Banned User

I would ditch the character meals for a more stylish atmosphere...like Citricos at the Grand FL, or for a more relaxed fun atmosphere... O'Hana at the Polynesian.

• MiceChat Travel Partner

Yes it is really that hard, but at this late date I would call every morning to see if you can get in. If you have not gotten your priority seating by the time you get there and are staying on property then you can just push the dining button on your phone each day to see if there is a cancellation. You can also check in person first thing when you get to the park to see if they have any walk up reservations open.

The Crystal Palace is a good suggestion, as is Chef Mickey's. Liberty Tree Tavern has character dining also and is quieter than the others. The Kona Cafe in the Polynesian has a character breakfast and the Grand Floridian has a character breakfast and dinner--that might be an option for you also. Are you looking at just the Magic Kingdom area for character meals or the other parks or resorts? What characters you are looking to see will make a difference also.

The weather should be great and the crowds not bad at all--it is the week before Thanksgiving and after Jersey week and Super Soap Weekend. It will probably start to get crowded towards the end of the week.

Have a great time, enjoy the Holiday decorations!
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

1. Yes, it is very hard. My friend tried to get a reservation for him and his family and he called like a month in advance and they were booked. Definitely call a couple times a day to see if anyone canceled.

2. I personally like Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. It has a good mix of characters and the buffet is really good. The Crystal Palace character buffet on Main St in Magic Kingdom is very good as well.

3. The crowds should be light, because most everyone is still in school or work. Right after you leave it will be crowded because of the Thanksgiving Holiday.

PS. Make reservations for Ohana's at the Polynesian. It has the best food on property.

Thank you all for your responses!! I really apreciate it!!
    The Crystal Palace is a good suggestion, as is Chef Mickey's. Liberty Tree Tavern has character dining also and is quieter than the others. The Kona Cafe in the Polynesian has a character breakfast and the Grand Floridian has a character breakfast and dinner--that might be an option for you also. Are you looking at just the Magic Kingdom area for character meals or the other parks or resorts? What characters you are looking to see will make a difference also.
    Well my wife is a big Cinderella fan which is why i wanted to try for the Royal Table. I will try calling everyday as many have suggested and maybe I'll get lucky.

As far as the parks go it doesnt really matter as long as the food is good. We are planning on doing all four parks. We are also going to try to resort hop so any suggestions for the hotels are appreciated as well.

For characters I mean as long as its not the Playhouse Disney crew.
    Out of the NIGHT....

If you are after princesses, try booking the Norway breakfast at Epcot. I do not think they include Cinderella, but the other princesses will be there. It is a nice alternative to the castle and it is much cheaper.

I would also recommend Crystal Palace and Chief Mickey's for your other two choices. Both are outstanding, IMO.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Silver7 View Post
    1)
    The Kona Cafe in the Polynesian has a character breakfast
    Kona Cafe does NOT have a character breakfast. But they do have the most awesome pineapple-macadamia pancakes and 100% pure Kona coffee. DELISH!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Cinderella is also at dinner at Park Fare with the Prince, Lady Tremaine and Anastasia and Druzilla. It is a wonderful time, and the dinner is a buffet. That is located at the Grand Floridian Hotel, which is always fun to visit.

Again, thank you all for your advice. It is greatly appreciated.

I havent had any luck so for with Cinderella's Castle. I'm holding out hope, but I booked our backup breakfast which is at the Crystal Palace. I've also booked a dinner at Ohana's.

Was trying to get at least one breakfast with Mickey at Chef Mickey's but it seemed that every day I was looking at was booked.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the breakfast at Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge is any good or the dinner at Garden Grill in Epcot.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks again everyone!
    Out of the NIGHT....

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have eaten at Boma, for breakfast, in the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and it was wonderful. It is a buffet, and the food was good. We walked around the hotel a little bit after our meal, and saw some of the animals out on the savannah. The hotel is really spectacular in my opinion, and having breakfast there is a good chance to see it.

When we did our family reunion, we booked the lunch buffet at the Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. The food was excellent and the character experience was great. Our group ranged in age from 18mos to 68 and everybody enjoyed themselves. Also - they handle the characters in a fair way so that everybody in the restaurant gets to have time and their picture with each of the characters. Then there's a "parade" around the restaurant with the characters and any child that wants to march.
    If you're looking for a good dinner (no characters) - try the full service restaurant in the Mexican pavillion at EPCOT. It's inside the pyramid - the surroundings are terrific and we all enjoyed the food. The buffet in Germany is also really good - if you like German food. There is a show there during the dinner. We try to book those so we're done shortly before the fireworks start at EPCOT (also highly recommended). Make sure you get the hopper options on your passes. It gives you the ability to spend the day in one park and then go somewhere else for dinner and fireworks. Have a fantastic time!!

• WDW Spring Adv. CP 2009!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825 View Post

1)Yea I would keep calling about Cinderella's Royal Table it is pretty good. I had my first trip to WDW this last august and had a blast.

2) We I went we didnt really do any character meals so I really can not help you out there. But there are other restaurants that I think would be great substitutes to the character meals. You could try Ohana at the Polynesian Hotel, Mama Melrose's at Hollywood Studios.

3) As for crowds I am not really to sure how busy it will be since I have only been there once. Assuming that its the week around thanksgiving it shouldn't be tood bad but you never know. Disneyland usually isnt that busy the week before so take it with a grain of salt.

If you want any other suggestions like attractions or shows check out my trip report on this board from my frist trip to WDW. I gave a detailed descripition of everything I did on my vacation, might help you out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast