Thread: Disney Bear?

• Loves Mickey!

Disney Bear?

What does the Disney bear being sold at WDW look like right now? My friend is looking for a pink version she saw a while back do they still sell this? Also where do they sell these bears? I think I saw them once by the Mermaid theater at MGM, are they still sold there? Thanks in advance!

• back to WDW in January

Re: Disney Bear?

"Once Upon A Toy" at DTD was selling them over the summer along with the book. At that time they only had the original brown bear complete with the lighter brown Mickey shaped eyes and nose outline on the bears face. If you have seen the book you have seen the bear, it is virtually identical. Our daughter loves hers and actually took it to meet Mickey at the Judges tent on our last trip !!!
    Last edited by tjcjr; 11-04-2008 at 06:40 PM.

• Banned User

Ichigopara, I can go look for you and see what's still there for sale... As a matter of fact, I was at DTD last night and did not go into Once Upon a Toy. I didn't think they still sold them... since they were not a popular item with guests here, party because the management here did not do a shameless plug push like the OLC people did with Duffy at TDS. Concidering how much Disney loves to squeeze those pennies off guests, that was quite odd.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah I was really surprised WDW dropped the ball with Disney Bear/Duffy. He could have been a marketing goldmine. Who doesn't like teddy bears?

I got my pic with the walk-around character they had of him 4-5 years ago. He occasionally did meet & greets at Once Upon a Toy. Unfortunately I think the pic is on my old computer that died a few years ago.

• Banned User

I went back to DTD tonight to check on what was left of Duffy on the shelves at Once Upon a Toy..
    Well.. I found just ONE Duffy bear left (similar in color to TDS) dressed with a baby bib. They did have several darker color Duffy bears wearing a "high school musical 3" tee.

But the one new item that got my attention was the one pictured below, which was sold at TDR last year and of which, there is a new TDR 25th anniversary version this year, which you all will get to see in the pictures I am submitting to this weekend's Update on Micechat, so look for that.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I went back to DTD tonight to check on what was left of Duffy on the shelves at Once Upon a Toy..
    Well.. I found just ONE Duffy bear left (similar in color to TDS) dressed with a baby bib. They did have several darker color Duffy bears wearing a "high school musical 3" tee.

But the one new item that got my attention was the one pictured below, which was sold at TDR last year and of which, there is a new TDR 25th anniversary version this year, which you all will get to see in the pictures I am submitting to this weekend's Update on Micechat, so look for that.
    Oh wow that is so weird! At least they get some of TDL's cute merchandise. Thank you for going to Once Upon a Toy to check out Duffy! You are so nice! I sent you a private message.