• Banned User

Tips for my next trip

Ok, I have a few questions in preparation for next year's trip.

#1- Dining plan. We will probably get this but my question is this. I thought I read somewhere that you could use the Dining Plan towards Character Dining, but it required using two table service meals towards it. Is this true and if so is this worth it?

#2- Traveling between the parks. Are all of the parks connected by the monorail? I'm really considering getting park hoppers next time and we're going to be there for 10 days so I want to squeeze every hour out of the parks that I can get. So if the monorail runs between them all we can just use it instead of driving in between parks.

#3- This isn't Disney related but we also plan on doing 1 day of Universal. Now my wife and daughter will do rollercoasters, but myself and my son will not. So, would it be better to hit USO instead of IOA, since IOA seems to be pure thrill rides?

That's ot for now, I'll post more questions if I come up with any. Thanks for any input you might have.

• Geoff London

Re: Tips for my next trip

1. Dining plan - Character Dining Experience = 1 Table Service Meal (except Cinderella’s Royal Table, which
    requires 2 Table Service Meals); Disney Signature Restaurant = 2 Table Service Meals; Disney Dinner Show = 2 Table Service Meals. Additional terms and conditions apply. Note dinner shows and Cindy's table require ADRs (reservations). Gratutities are no longer included in the tickets and will be automatically charged for groups of 6 or over. Platinum level, Wine and dine plans are also available.

For more info go here:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...onentGuidePage

2. Monorail goes to Magic Kingdom and Epcot parks only, serving all resort hotels around Seven Seas Lagoon - Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary (for Bay Lake Tower). Buses operate to Disney's Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney. Transportation starts approx two hours before park opening (not always) and runs for two hours after park closure. If you are staying on property you get free parking at all the parks.

3. Depends which you get the most thrills out of. Studios has more shows to sit and watch. IOA is thrills and lots of water. However, please note:
    1-Day Ticket -Good for either Park (one or the other, but not both). With this ticket, you could actually buy the ticket intending to go to 1-park, but right up until the last minute, you could also choose to go the other Park as long as you don't go through the Gate. Once you do, you're committed to the Park you've entered.
    Last edited by geoffa; 11-08-2008 at 08:30 AM.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Hi! I can answer a couple of your questions.

#1- Dining plan.

The only character dining that requires 2 credits is Cinderella's Royal Table all the rest only use 1 credit. I think the Dining plan is definitely worth it. Not only is it more convenient than paying as you go, but I believe it saved us money on the food budget when we used it.

#2- Traveling between the parks.

Only the Magic Kingdom and Epcot are connected by monorail. Epcot and the Studios are connected by Boat or Bus. Animal Kingdom and all the parks are connected by Bus. You really don't need to drive between the parks, the transportation provided by Disney is free and pretty efficient.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!
    Kerri

• Minion

I will answer what I can...

2. Only the Magic Kingdom and Epcot are connected by monorail. The rest of the parks and resorts are connected by buses or boats in some cases. I rented a car last time because I don't enjoy waiting for the buses, it can waste a lot of time.

3. I would get a two park pass. If it isn't very crowded you can definitely hit both UOA and IOA and finish most everything in one day. IOA has coasters but it also has other areas with non-coaster rides: Seuss land (Cat and the Hat dark ride, train, etc.), Toon Lagoon (water rides), Lost Continent (shows), and Jurassic Park. I just love IOA because the theming is so great.

1) As others have said, Cinderella's Royal Table is the only 2 credit character meal. Some of the signature restaurants will cost you 2 tickets.

2) MK to Epcot - Monorail
    MK to DHS - Bus (leaves from TTC)
    MK to DAK - Bus (leaves from TTC)
    Epcot to DHS - Boat, Bus, or Walk
    Epcot to DAK - Bus
    DHS to DAK - Bus

One thing to keep in mind the buses from DAK and DHS to MK run to the TTC. That means you will have to monorail or take a ferry boat to MK once you arrive at TTC. If you are at MK you will have to monorail or take a ferry boat to TTC to catch a bus to DHS or DAK.

3) I would suggest paying the 10 extra dollars for a 1 day, 2 park pass. That way, you can experience a bit of both parks. They are a very short walk from each other. I think that it is your best option.
    Last edited by Krankenstein; 11-08-2008 at 10:38 AM.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post
    1) One thing to keep in mind the buses from DAK and DHS to MK run to the TTC. That means you will have to monorail or fairy to MK once you arrive at TTC. If you are at MK you will have to monorail or fairy to TTC to catch a bus to DHS or DAK.
    Every so often, the fairies go on strike, so if you happen to visit at the time of the strike, you're out of luck. They don't like lugging people back and forth across the lagoon without much pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    Every so often, the fairies go on strike, so if you happen to visit at the time of the strike, you're out of luck. They don't like lugging people back and forth across the lagoon without much pay.
    Thanks for pointing that out! I totally didn't catch it. It is fixed now.

• Banned User

Ok, thanks for the help. Now for a few more questions:

#1 What exactly are the differences between table/quick/snack services.

#2 The 2nd day free deal with SeaWorld, is that only for SeaWorld or can the 2nd day be used at one of their other parks.

#3 In order to use the extra morning/evening hours, you use your hotel key, correct? In other words, is it just one resort ID that must be shown or does each person in the party have one?
    Last edited by draybook; 11-08-2008 at 03:44 PM.

1) At a table service restaurant you are seated and are waited on by a server. These are the restaurants you will need to make a reservation at.

Counter service, you go to a counter place an order, pick it up and find your own table (think fast food).

Snack stands sell popcorn, ice cream, turkey legs, sodas, etc. Basically things you can grab and eat on the run.

2) No clue.

3) At check-in everyone in your party who needs a ticket to enter the parks will be issued a Key to the World. This will function as that persons room key, ticket and charge card (if you activate charging privileges). Your Key to the World is what you will flash for Extra Magic Hours.